Final Chapter

Pen-pal Love

 

“Thank you everyone for coming to today’s press conference. Today will be a very meaningful day as today is SNSD’s tenth anniversary and also our last fan meeting. Thank you every SONE that have supported us since we first debut. Without all of you, we won’t have this success for all these year. GOMABSEUBNIDA!!!”  Tae Yeon bowed to the audience and followed by the other members.

“Do all of you will still be in the entertainment world after the separation?” One of the reporter asked.

“Some of us will step back to the backstage and some of us will still continue their path as idol.” Jessica answered as all of them sat down, after the bow.

“Can we know each one of future plans?” Another reporter asked.

“Tae Yeon, Sunny, Hyo Yeon, Yuri and Seo Hyun will be teaching the new trainees in SM. Jessica and I will prepare our single album. Soo Yeong and Yoon A will concentrate on their actress path.” Tiffany answered.

“There is a rumour saying that some of you will be getting married soon after the separation, is that true?” the third reporter asked.

“Can we say it here?” Sunny looked to her members and gained a nod from everyone, so she continued. “The truth is yes. Two of us will be forming their own family soon after our official separation. But I can’t tell you who are the two, let them tell you by themselves after today.”

“Please tell us who the two members are. And who is their lucky man? Please.” The third reporter continued to ask in detail.

“The two members will hold another press for that later, after today. So for the time being, you all have to guess for the answer by yourself. I’m sorry.” Jessica took the question and answered it.

“Give us some hints, please.” The reporter was not going to give up so easily before he got some answer.

“Emm… one is the less expected one and another one is the couple, which the whole world is guessing about for years. Hihi…” Tae Yeon gave the reporter a wide hint on that. The other members were smiling together with Tae Yeon after they heard the answer given by her.

“Can you explain in more detail?”

“That all we can say right now. Please ask something that connected to our last album as today is the press for that, not about our personal news.” Sunny cut in.

“Alright then…”

*******

“That’s all for today press conference. We appreciate that each one of you and the world-wide SONE that stay with us for these tenth years. For the last time, RIGHT NOW…”

“SNSD” the nine girls shouted their password for the last time.

“KAMSAHABNIDA! WE WILL MISS YOU SONE!!!” They bowed again to the audiences before they went down from the stage. After this second, SNSD was already a history, a powerful history in South Korean entertainment world.

***********

“SNSD WAS OFFICIALLY ENDED YESTERDAY AFTER THE LAST FAN MEETING IN SEOUL.”

“TWO OF THE MEMBERS WERE CONFIRMED TO BE GETTING MARRIED SOON”

The headline was all over the world and internet. Peoples, especially SONEs were crying in sad after they saw the news but many others were guessing about which two members were getting married and who were they going to married to. Each rumour couple bias was hoping that their supporting couple will be the one to get married, including the goguma couple shipper. Some of them thought that the girl spotted in Yong Hwa’s car months ago is Seo Hyun and they will be one of the married couple.

************

“Hyunnie, fans are hoping that you and Yong seobang would get married. Do you want that too?” Hyo Yeon asked as she faced her laptop.

“Eonni!!! We are not ready for that yet.” Joo Hyun blushed.

“Wae? You two had been together for five years already, why you are still not ready yet? You see Jessica and Taecyeon. They had been together only for a yearlong only but they are getting married already.” Hyo Yeon turned to face Joo Hyun.

“But Jessica eonni and Taecyeon oppa had known each other for a long time, longer that me and oppa.” Joo Hyun fought back.

“Then how about Tae Yeon and her husband-to-be. They met two years ago and only are together about a year only but they still can get to this stage in this short time? So time is not an excuse.”

“But… but he never ask about that…” Joo Hyun pouted.

“So does that mean that if he ask you about it one day, you will say ‘yes’ too?” Hyo Yeon got excited as she got the shocking news.

“I… I… I don’t know.” Joo Hyun turned her face away from Hyo Yeon. She did not want Hyo Yeon to look through her heart.

“You know, you know. You know that you will be saying ‘yes’ for his proposer, right? Don’t lie to eonni because I can read your reaction very well, you know?” Hyo Yeon jumped onto Joo Hyun’s bed and tried her best to get Joo Hyun to face her.

“I don’t know eonni! But he won’t propose to me soon, so I have time to think about it.” Joo Hyun covered her face with her arms.

“We won’t know when Yong seobang will propose to you, maybe tonight or tomorrow, nobody knows. So you better think of that pretty quick or you will catch in surprise if you don’t prepare yourself.” Hyo Yeon smoothly rubbed Joo Hyun’s hair.

“Bzzzzzttt…” A vibration was heard from Joo Hyun’s phone. She took it and it was a message from Yong Hwa. She sent a reply back to him as soon as she finished reading his.

“Eonni, I got to get prepare now. Oppa is asking me out tonight and he is on his way here.” Joo Hyun got up from her bed and told Hyo Yeon about the message just now.

“Hyunnie, do you think he will propose to you later? If he does, it’s DEABAK!!!” Hyo Yeon suddenly asked.

“I… I don’t think he will, at least not tonight.” Joo Hyun denied it but in her heart she felt that Hyo Yeon’s words might happened tonight.

***********

“Hyun, today we will have our dinner in a restaurant. There will be other peoples inside the restaurant too, are you okay with it?” Yong Hwa said after he stop his car in front a luxury restaurant. This was their first step to open to public about their relation.

“Oppa, do you mean that tonight we will be having our dinner openly in restaurant? I’m totally okay with it.” Joo Hyun excited as she knew that they will going to public finally after these five years of underground relation. Luckily for her that Hyo Yeon asked her to get dress up a bit tonight or she will be mocked by the other customers inside the restaurant.

“Alright, then let start our first step to publicity.” Yong Hwa opened the door for Joo Hyun and held out his hand to her. She took the hand and held it tight and get out from the car. They walked inside the restaurant, hand in hand. The other customers inside the restaurant were surprised to see the newly entered couple. Too bad for them that they were in the restaurant, if not the fan-girl and fan-boy mode will be activated.

“Oppa, peoples are looking at us. Eotteokhe?” Joo Hyun felt nervous because this was the first time she had dinner with a guy in public, although she wanted this to happen earlier if she can.

“Don’t mind the looking. You were an idol, so you should have known how to react in this situation, isn’t it? What do you want to order?” Yong Hwa handed her the menu.

“How about this set? It looks delicious.” Joo Hyun threw her nervousness behind because she wanted to spend a happy dinner with her love peacefully.

“Alright, anything you want. Waiter!” Yong Hwa nodded in agreement before he called the waiter.

“Can we have this set dinner?” Yong Hwa gave the order to the waiter and sent him off with a wink.

*************

“Oppa, I’m full. It’s so delicious. Thank you for the food and thank you for giving this memorable dinner.” Joo Hyun was so happy because she finally got the chance to have dinner with Yong Hwa in open after their show ended.

“If this you call as memorable dinner, then you should wait for the last event before you conclude this.” Yong Hwa smirked and put up his hand to give the waiter a signal. Joo Hyun was confused with Yong Hwa weird action.

The waiter brought them a bouquet of red rose, a cake and a small red box. The cake top was filled with strawberry that arranged in a love sign and two dolls were placed in the middle of it. It was a pair of couple doll and the male doll was holding a bouquet to the female doll. Joo Hyun’s heart was beating wildly, just like the first time she saw Yong Hwa in the bookstore.

Yong Hwa kneed down to Joo Hyun with the rose bouquet in his right hand and the small box in his left hand. The background music had changed to their song, ‘Banmal Song’.

“Hyun, I know I’m not a prefect one for you but you are my perfection. I can’t imagine how my life will ended if it is without you beside me, so I hope you will be with me forever. This is selfish but love supposed to be selfish, isn’t it? So, Miss Seo Joo Hyun, will you marry me? Will you lead me to my perfect life in your hand?” Yong Hwa opened up the box, revealed a ring inside it. It was their ring in ‘We Got Married’.

“………” Joo Hyun could not say anything out of her blank mind. It was happened too quickly and she did not have any time to digest the situation. The only thing she knew was her tears were falling unstoppable.

“Hyun, are you alright? Did I do something wrongly? Hyun, I’m sorry to make you cry. Just forget about what I just say moment ago.” Yong Hwa got worried to her silent-ness. He never thought that she would cry now and he thought this was not a good moment to propose to her.

“Oppa…” Joo Hyun finally found her voice back. “Oppa, is not your fault. It is happened too fast and I don’t know how to react to that because my brain went blank when you knee down to me.”

“It’s okay. I won’t force you if you are not yet ready for this.” Yong Hwa felt very down inside his heart but he did not show out to her noticed because he did not want to burden her with that.

“Oppa, you know,” Joo Hyun took a deep breath before she continued. “Hyo Yeon eonni and I was discussing about this situation earlier today before you sent the message and she asked me to prepare myself to this but I didn’t take it seriously. She also asked me will I say ‘yes’ to your proposer but I don’t know how to answer her question because I never thought about that before. Now I already got the answer for that. My answer is,” Joo Hyun stopped again while she looked straight to Yong Hwa’s eyes. Yong Hwa was waiting for her answer nervously, so do the other customers and the workers in the restaurant.

“YES!” Joo Hyun was basically shouted out of her lung.

“Did you just say ‘yes’? Did I hear it correctly?” This time was Yong Hwa’s turn to be surprised.

“YES! I said YES!” Joo Hyun repeated again as the smile on her face was getting wider.

“YES!!! YES!!! I DID IT!!! YES!!!” Yong Hwa jumped to hug Joo Hyun. The customers and the workers were clapping hand to congratulate the couple.

“Oppa, the ring.” Joo Hyun reminded Yong Hwa about the ring.

“Oh, I forget about that. I’m too happy.” Yong Hwa put Joo Hyun down and got the small box, which had fallen to the ground when Yong Hwa jumped to get Joo Hyun.

“Oppa do you remember the double birthday episode of the show? It was the time you first put this ring into my finger, but that time was nothing compare to this time. This time is for real; we are getting married for real.” Happy tears continued to fall from Joo Hyun’s eyes.

“How could I forget about that? I remember every moment I spent with you.” Yong Hwa took his hand to wipe out the tears from Joo Hyun’s face.

***************

The news of Yong Hwa proposed to Joo Hyun went wildly in the internet world and their fans worldwide threw a party in their ‘YongSeo’ forum, happy that their loved couple was finally getting together in each other’s hand and even ready to get married.

***************

“Mr Jung Yong Hwa, are you willing to take Miss Seo Joo Hyun as your wife? You promise that you will take care of her and be together with her no matter what happened in future?” The priest in the middle asked. Today was the long waited day, Yong Hwa and Joo Hyun’s wedding ceremony.

“Yes, I do.” Yong Hwa proudly said.

“Alright then, Miss Seo Joo Hyun, are you willing to take Mr Jung Yung Hwa as your husband? You promise that you will be with him and take care of him no matter what happen in future?” The priest turned to Joo Hyun, this time.

“Yes, I do.” Joo Hyun said it with the bright smile that she was showing off non-stop today.

“Then you two can exchange the ring now.” The priest ordered. Yong Hwa and Joo Hyun turned to face each other. They thought back how much road they had taken to be ended in here, in front of their family and friends, vowing that they will be husband and wife. How a bottle note could help them to find each other and how much obstacles they had gone through to be standing here. Yong Hwa took their couple ring to fit into Joo Hyun’s fourth left finger and Joo Hyun did the same to Yong Hwa.

“I now announce that you two are officially husband and wife. Husband may kiss the wife now.” The priest stepped a step backward, giving more space to the couple. Yong Hwa took his step closer to Joo Hyun and lowered his head to find Joo Hyun’s lips. Joo Hyun waited nervously with eye closed. Their lips finally meet each other, signalling their first step into their new chapter of life.

“Oppa, eonni, congratulation!” Soo Yeong ran to hug Joo Hyun as soon as the priest announced that the ceremony was done.

“Soo Yeong-ah, get hold of yourself a bit. Yong Hwa, congratulation. Seo Hyun-ssi, congratulation. Yong Hwa, to tell you the truth, I and Soo Yeong’s appa always thought that you and Soo Yeong are a prefect couple but I realised that I was wrong. Glad that you finally found your prefect couple.” Soo Yeong’s mother shook hand with the new married couple. Soo Yeong’s father followed behind.

“Thank you, aunty and uncle. Don’t worry, Jong Hyeon was a good guy and he is much more suitable for Soo Yeong.” Yong Hwa said.

“Oppa, should we do our last event now?” Joo Hyun asked Yong Hwa.

“I think now is the time. All singer girls got ready behind my yaepeun buin, we are going to throw the flower bouquet now.” Yong Hwa shouted, ordered the girls.

“Hana, du, se…” Joo Hyun counted to three as she prepared to throw the flower. It is either a co-incident or Joo Hyun purposely did it; the flower was dropped in Soo Yeong’s hand.

“Jong Hyeon-ah, looks like you have to get prepared for your propose now. Hahaha…” Yong Hwa teased Jong Hyeon, who was standing beside him nervously smile. Soo Yeong blushed too as she heard the comment from Yong Hwa.

“Congratulation, hyeong and second hyeonsunim.” Min Hyuk and Jung Shin joined the teased.

“Hahahah……” the garden was full with happiness laugh.

**************

“Oppa, I really miss this yellow couch. Is this the same one to the one we have in our rented house, during WGM?” Joo Hyun asked as she sat down on the yellow couch. Yong Hwa had decorated his house like the house they had in WGM.

“I don’t think it is the same one because we didn’t take it from the house after we moved out. I had gone to find the landlord after I bought this home, asking her if she still have the couch with her but she said that the new renter didn’t keep it.” Yong Hwa also wanted to have the memorable yellow couch back in his house but he could not find it back.

“Gwaenchana, it is still feeling the same couch. Oppa, what do you want to have for our first breakfast?” Joo Hyun patted slowly on Yong Hwa’s arm.

“I want a baked goguma for my breakfast and dwenchang chigae for my lunch.” Yong Hwa recalled his first day he had with Joo Hyun when they were in WGM.

“Hihi… Arasso. Let’s hope that our rice won’t be as black as we had before.” Joo Hyun knew Yong Hwa was remembering that day.

“Haha… but it was delicious though. No matter how bad it is, as long as it is cooked by my yaepeun buin, it will taste delicious.” Yong Hwa winked.

“OPPA!” Joo Hyun hit hardly on Yong Hwa’s back.

“Ouch! Are you planning to kill your husband in the first morning?” Yong Hwa joked.

“Yes, I am. But I will not hit you to dead; I will make you die of no air.” Joo Hyun pushed her head toward Yong Hwa’s and kissed him passionately. Yong Hwa was shocked with her sudden move but he still enjoyed it very much. Yong Hwa put his hand rounded Joo Hyun’s waist and pulled her tighter and shared their first passionate kiss in their first morning of married couple.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Annyeongheseyo, this is the end of this story. Thank you for all the subscribers, readers and everyone who give comments. Thank You for following this story. Today marked exactly seven weeks after my first day here and so many things happened in these seven weeks. Before 10th July, I never thought that I could sat down and wrote a long story but now I'm started to miss the writting moments. 

THANK YOU! XIE XIE! TERIMA KASIH! KAMSAHABNIDA! ARIGATO! DANKE! GRAZIE! GRACIAS!