CN BLUE

Pen-pal Love

 

“Omma, appa, hyeong, I want to go back to Seoul to find a chance for me to get into the entertainment industry. I would go with Jong Hyeon, so don’t worry about me.” Yong Hwa suddenly announced his thought on one of the night dinner, a month after the bookstore incident. Seoul was Yong Hwa’s birthplace but he followed his family to Busan after some youngest year staying in Seoul.

“Yong Hwa, what are you talking about? To Seoul? No way! Your brother had just come back for a year and now it’s your turn to leave? No way, totally no!” Yong Hwa’s mother was happy to see her uncompleted family finally came back together as one last year and she was not allowed anyone to tear this apart.

“Omma, I know you would worry about me but I’m big enough to take care myself. Moreover, Jong Hyeon was with me to Seoul and we can take care of each other. Please let me do this…” Yong Hwa out his finger together and made a pray-like hand, hoped that his mother would agree at him.

“NO! I wo…” Yong Hwa’s mother could not finish her thought because she got stop by her husband.

“Enough! Yong Hwa, are you sure with your decision? We would not help you to get into any company, you have to do it yourself, are you sure you can do it?” Yong Hwa’s father turned to Yong Hwa with a serious look.

“Yes, I’m sure I can. And I would not happy if I know you’re behind that, I would like to try myself out.” Yong Hwa gave his father the most confident look in his life to show him that was 100% sure and ready for that.

“Good, then just go with it. But promised to update us with your news recently, arasso?”

“But…” Yong Hwa’s mother was trying to stop her husband.

“Omma, just let Yong Hwa do what he like. You can see his confidence in his eyes this time, believe in him, okay?” this time was Yong Hwa’s brother turn stopped their mother from stopping his younger brother.

“Omma, I promised that I would come back anytime I can and I would write letter back to you every week. Just let me do this, please…” Yong Hwa still hoped that he could get all his family members’ approve before he would continue with his plan.

 “Arasso, but made sure you do all your promised.” His mother finally gave up on the three guy of the house.

“Kamsahabnida, omma, appa. I promise you that I will bring some good result back for your support.” Yong Hwa was very happy because he finally got the approver; now he was one step closer to his dream girl.

Yong Hwa could not took Seo Hyun out of his mind after that day, and one of the reason why he wanted to go to Seoul was to get ‘closer’ to her, beside he wanted his success. He had begged Jong Hyeon to follow him to Seoul for two weeks already but him never say ‘Yes’ until the day before. Jong Hyeon wished to stay beside Soo Yeong as long as he could but Soo Yeong asked him to go to catch his dream. Soo Yeong knew his feeling toward her but she did not hope to spoil his dream. Jong Hyeon had asked her to follow them to Seoul but she refused that with the reason she had not discuss with her parents yet.

There was one more reason Yong Hwa wanted to go to Seoul, he wanted to find ‘Princess Seo’. He never forgot about her although he had admired Seo Hyun, but the one that really stayed in his heart for all this year was her, ‘Princess Seo’. He found it funny when he re-think back on the two girls that affected his life were had the same family name, ‘Seo’. Sometime, he would think that the two might knew each other in real or even were from the same family. Too bad he did not know ‘Princess Seo’ real name, if not he could ask Seo Hyun next time if and only if he would had the chance to meet her again.

******************

“Hyeong, are you sure that we could find our success here?” Jong Hyeon asked Yong Hwa as soon as they step down from the train on the land of Seoul, capital and the biggest city in South Korea.

“Don’t worry, we will. Now let’s find the house on the address that my omma gave me yesterday night. She said this was her friend’s house but they had migrated for almost a year already. It should be enough for both of us.” Yong Hwa pulled out a piece of paper from his beg and began to walk to the outside.

“Hyeong, do you know where is the house? I had never been to Seoul before, so don’t aspect me to know the place at all.” Jong Hyeon could only follow Yong Hwa’s way because he really never went out of Busan before.

“I have the map, just follow me. If we got lost, we still can ask for help from the citizen.”

After three hours of finding, with some help from the neighbourhoods, they finally reached the front door of their destination.

“Hyeong, are you sure you got it correct? If yes, WOW, this is big. It’s more than enough for two of us.” Jong Hyeon was admired with the beauty of the house.

“Yes it should be. My omma never told me that it is that big. Anyway, let’s go in, I’m really tired already.” Yong Hwa also surprised to see the beauty of the house.

After the first dinner on Seoul, the two friends decided to train on their guitar. They brought their guitar together with them from Busan because they could not afford to buy a new guitar in Seoul. In the middle of training, Jong Hyeon voice out his worried.

“Hyeong, what do you want to do after this? Are you wanted to find a pub and play guitar there or what?”

“Jong Hyeon, do you know the famous SM Company? We going to send our recorded song there and hope that they will saw our talent and sign us in as their artist.” Yong Hwa really hoped to get into SM, the same company as SNSD.

“SM??!! No way! We will never get into it. Are you sure about this, hyeong?” Jong Hyeon was shocked to hear Yong Hwa’s plan for the first time.

“We will never know if we didn’t try at all, right? Even if we fail, there are still a lot of other entertainment company in Seoul, I’m sure that we will get into one.” Of course Yong Hwa thought about that before too.

“Then, what song should we record? A new song or an old song?”

“I already got one. This song was written by me five years ago and I never play it to anyone except my father, he eavesdropping me when I played It.” It is the one that Yong Hwa wrote when he ‘broke out’ with ‘Princess Seo’.

“Let’s listen it once first before we decided on this.” Jong Hyeon was curious with Yong Hwa’s song, written five years ago.

Yong Hwa took his guitar and started to play the song that he did not played for five years already. His memories were bring back to five years ago, all his pain he felt was all roaming in his body again. Fortunately, he was able to control his tears from falling in front of Jong Hyeon. In the other hand, Jong Hyeon was fall in love with that song and he could feel Yong Hwa’s emotion when he wrote the song. He remembered that five years ago, when Yong Hwa was feeling terribly sad and down, he told him to write down his feeling as song lyric, so this song must be that song.

Jong Hyeon agreed to record that song but he needed some time to train the chords of the song first before they could record it. They decided to call it a day for now because they were tried for the whole day trip.

******************

It’s already two weeks in Seoul, Yong Hwa and Jong Hyeon had done recording the song demo into discs and they had sent it to some entertainment companies. Now they could only sat back and waited for the reply. They hoped to get reply soon before their money gone empty; they had promised to themselves that they would not use more money from their family.

Beside their daily need, the two also need to get money for their school. They had stopped school from Busan and they had not entered any school in Seoul. Their parents were giving pressure on them to get into school soon, if not they will come and them back to Busan themselves and would never give them any more chance to step into entertainment world.

“Hyeong, our money was only enough for us to stay until the end of this week only. I never thought that we would need this much of money in Seoul, this two weeks I had spent more than I had spent for one and half month in Busan.” Jong Hyeon said as he sat down on the sofa after they had their lunch outside.

“Yes, I know. I never thought about it also. The only hope we got is the reply, let’s wished that would be soon. Or our music future will come to an end.” Yong Hwa thought they were too naive to think that they could survive in Seoul like that.

“Hyeong, I’m still not sure about this. I didn’t say that your song was bad but do you really think that we could make it?” Jong Hyeon turned his face and looked seriously to Yong Hwa.

“To tell you the truth, I’m also not sure. Although I always told myself that we will make it into it but the reality was cruel sometime. Only time could tell us the answer.” Yong Hwa gave him a sad look back, which worried Jong Hyeon more.

********************

“Hyeong today is the last day already. My parents had call me yesterday and asked me to go back tomorrow if nothing happen today. How is it now?” Jong Hyeon was scared to end his music career that soon.

“Me too. My omma will come here tomorrow to bring me back. Today was our last chance but we couldn’t do anything except waiting here for the reply.” Yong Hwa was also worrying about the same problem.

“Hyeong, I think our luck had left us since we step onto this city.” Their confidence level had getting lower and lower every second passed.

“No! I’m not going to give up this soon, not until the last minute.” Yong Hwa was not going to give up because he had not achieved any of the three main reasons he decided to come to Seoul at first.

“But hyeong…” A door ring cut Jong Hyeon’s words.

“Excuse me, may I know are you two Mr Jung Yong Hwa and Mr Lee Jong Hyeon?” A man standing in front of the gate asking them with a bright smile on his face.

“N…Ne, we are. Who are you and why are you here?” Yong Hwa was confused that he did not know anyone in Seoul, but this man knew their name.

“Hello, I’m from FNC Music and you can call me Mr Kim. I’m here to ask you if you are interested to sign in to our company. We had heard your song and we decided to sign you both in as our new artists together with other two guys as a band. So, do you want to?” Yong Hwa and Jong Hyeon did not believe what they had just heard. Miracle had just happened in front of them; just before they gave up.

“Y…YES!! Of course we want to. Come, come inside and we could talk about it more.”

************************

After a week and in FNC Music’s meeting room.

“Guys, come and meet your band mate, Kwon Kwang Jin and Kang Min Hyuk. Kwang Jin will be the bassist and Min Hyuk is the drummer.” Mr Kim introduced the two young mans to Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” All four of them bowed to each other spontaneously.

“Guys, come sit down. I had something to discuss with you all.” Mr Kim said as he sat down on the middle sit.

“Guys, we, some of the key person, had discussed and come to a conclusion on your future. We decided to send you all to Japan as Indie band first before you all debut in here, South Korea. As you may know, Korea was not so popular with band group, of course except FT Island. So for your better future, you will have to debut in Japan first, since Japan was very famous on his band artists. But we are not forcing you on this; we are just giving you a better choice. So, how do you think?” Mr Kim continued as the four sat down on their chair.

“Sir, are you sure we will success in Japan, since it already have a lot of band groups. Shouldn’t it be much harder to debut there?” Yong Hwa spoke out first, after a few second of thinking.

“Yes, that is one of the reason we want you to debut there, to have more competitors. If you can survive there, then you will surely survive here when you all debut in here.” Mr Kim explained his thought to Yong Hwa.

“Oh I see. But how about our school? Are we continue it here or get transfer there?” Min Hyuk continued to ask.

“For your convenient, we will transfer all of you there and you also have to learn Japanese there. Anything else?”

“How about our group name?” This time was Jong Hyun’s time to ask.

“For your group name, we left it for you all to think about. You have to come with a name before you all flied to Japan, next week. No more question?”

“Yes sir, no more question.” Four of them said it together after exchanging a glaze.

“Then, I will leave you all to get know each other. And we will meet again the day after tomorrow for discussion of your Japan things, such as your place to stay, your school and your debut. See you then.” Mr Kim walked out from the room as soon as he finished his words.

“YAHOO!!! WE FINALLY MAKE IT!!!” All four of them shouted in the meeting room after few minutes of silent.

************************

“To all passengers, the flight had touched down on Narita International Airport. Please remember to bring everything with you and please stay on your sit until the plane had come to the complete stop. Thank you for choosing KAL Airline and we hope you enjoyed the trip. Hope to see you soon and Goodbye.”

“Hyeong, we finally here! Our first step of success!” Min Hyuk was excited to see Japan’s land in his eyes. Everyone had called Yong Hwa ‘hyeong’ because he was the oldest within them four.

“Yes, yes I know. Stop shaking me.” Yong Hwa was as happy as Min Hyuk and the other but not hyper as him. But deep in his heart, he never thought that he would make it this far, and he felt a bit sad when he knew that he had to leave Seoul. He had not yet find ‘Princess Seo’ and he also had not yet meet Seo Hyun again, but now he was already far in Japan.

“The plane had stopped. Let’s get out of here and find our company’s car. I will bring you all to the new dorm for your whole year here.” Mr Kim pulled down his bags from the upper compartment and urged the four to follow him.

********************

 “Okay guys, here is where you all will stay in for the next twelve months. Pick your room and get change. I will bring you to your respective school for transfer procedures, and after that I will bring you to the place you will debut next week with your new song, ‘Now or Never’.” Mr Kim ordered the boys when they reached the dorm.

*********************

“Hyeong, today is our first day of performing. We gotta gave the Japanese all our best to show them we, Korean also know how to play band.” Jong Hyeon was angry with his classmates saying Korean did not how to play as band when he told them he was in a band, the first day of school.

“Of course! We have to give our 120% of our best in this! Hwaiting!” Yong Hwa put out his hand to his band mate.

“Hwaiting!!!” The other three followed Yong Hwa’s word.

“Hello everyone! We, CN BLUE, are here to performing a song of ours, ‘Now or Never’. Please enjoy it, thank you.” Yong Hwa said to the audience before they started to play the song.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello everyone, sorry for no update yesterday; my home internet was down. So for the appologise, I wrote a long chapter here (but no YongSeo interaction, sorry again).

YongSeo will surely reunite again in future, so just wait till then. won't be long, maybe two or three chapters after. 

CN BLUE aka BIL is here but where is our Jung shin-chingu? will the BIL know about Yong Hwa's pen-pal? what will happen between Yong Hwa, Soo Yeong and Jong Hyeon? Guess guess guess...

Okay, see you in the next update.