Brother and Sister or......

Pen-pal Love

 

“Soo Yeong-ah, come out PPALLI! Her letter was here. I just receive it just now.” Yong Hwa was excited that his ‘Princess Seo’ finally had replied he and he wanted to celebrate this happiness with his new friend, or should I say his sister. They had been very close together for the last week and they knew each other pretty much. Soo Yeong’s parents also knew their relation and they had treated Yong Hwa as their son.

“YAH! Babo! Why do you shout out so loud outside of my house, in this early morning?” Soo Yeong shouted back to him from her house front door.

“What early morning? The sun already rose for five hours. Are you daydreaming or what? Anyway, HER LETTER WAS HERE! SHE REPLIED TO ME! Argh, you don’t know how happy I was when received It.” Everyone that passed by the neighbourhood would think that Yong Hwa was a hyper kid but they did not knew that his hyper side was only showed out when he had the reply letter from ‘Princess Seo” on his hands.

“Yah, Jung Yong Hwa! Cool down a bit, can you? I know you are happy but don’t be so hyper, okay? Everyone is looking at you now, you know?” She could not help but laughed at her newly met ‘brother’. She knew that he will be very happy when he finally received the letter from his ‘Princess Seo’ but she never thought that he could reach that kind of hyper stage.

“Pali, come here and open the gate for me. Let’s read out her letter together.”

“Are you sure you want me to read with you? You should do it yourself first, shouldn’t you? You can tell me later.” Said Soo Yeong as she walked nearer to the gate.

“Oh, Yong Hwa. Come in here. Soo Yeong-ah, open the gate for Yong Hwa, faster.” A woman voice call out for the house. It was Soo Yeong’s mother.

“Oh, annyeonhaseyo aunty. Sorry for the disturbing. (Bowed)” Yong Hwa greeted that woman as soon as he saw her. He then turned to Soo Yeong, “Open it as your mother’s order.”

“Merong…” Soo Yeong finally opened the gate for him but not before her ‘cute’ expression.

  “Yong Hwa, did you have your breakfast yet? If not, you can join Soo Yeong; she just woke up not long before you came. Such a lazy bum.” Her mother offered as Yong Hwa entered their house.

“No, thank you. I already had my breakfast just now. Aunty, I’m sorry but can we go to the garden first before this lazy bum has her meal?”

 “Andwea! I want to have it now…” Soo Yeong could not finish her words as was closed by a hand from behind.

“Yes, sure. But don’t be so long or this girl will have to get her breakfast together with her lunch as one.” Her mother giggled on seeing the two kids’ behaviour.

“Okay, thank you aunty. It won’t be long but is good for her to cut down her meal a bit. She is gaining some weight. Hihi.” Yong Hwa pulled Soo Yeong out after finish the sentence.

“Yah! I can walk by myself and I’m not gaining weight.” Soo Yeong fought back.

“Whatever.”

They came to the garden and sat on the swing that Soo Yeong’s father made for her on her fifth birthday. Yong Hwa took out the letter and gave it to her. Soo Yeong looked at him with confuse look.

“You read it.”

“Why? You should read it by yourself, first”

“I… I… I can’t bear to read it. I’m very happy that she replied me but I’m afraid to read it, so can you help me out. Please, only this time.” Yong Hwa begged her for the help because he was afraid to read it by his own and found out things did not go as he wanted.

“But… arasso.” Soo Yeong finally agreed to help him up.

She took the letter and opened it. She read it word by word silently and Yong Hwa was looking at her curiously. He just hoped that everything was going as he wanted but he could not get any hints for Soo Yeong facial expression. After few minutes of silent, Soo Yeong finally finished the letter and she turned around to face Yong Hwa with a small sigh.

“H…how…is it?” Yong Hwa heard her sigh and his heart went faster and faster. He was afraid for the worst.

“Here, read it yourself. It’s not as bad as you think.” Soo Yeong passed the letter back to him.

“Really? You better don’t lie to me, if not…” Yong Hwa took it but he was still scared to read it out.

“If not what? I’m here helping you and now you want to kill me or something like that? Aigoo…”

“Okay. Okay, I’m sorry. Do you really think that is okay for me to read it?”

“Just go ahead and read it. Don’t be such a coward. It is so not like you.”

Yong Hwa took her words and opened the letter slowly.

Annyeonghaseyo, Prince Jung. Thank you for reply my letter and I’m pretty surprised that you manage to reply so fast. Thank you again for wishing me happy birthday and that is enough; I didn’t expect any gift from you. Not that I’m looking down on you but a birthday wish from sincere heart is enough for me, really. I just realised that our birthday are just one week apart, such a coincident. Haha.

For your question, yes, I would like to be your friend. To tell you the truth, I never had a real friend before and you are the first one. As you mention in your letter, I also curious to find out more about you since the moment I read your bottle note. You are not the only one who has that weird feeling, me too, although I don’t know what I can learn from you or vice versa but I hope we can help each other out.

For being a friend I think I have to introduce myself first but not my name, hihi, just call me Princess Seo and maybe one day I might tell you my real name, who knows. :P  I’m officially eight years old today and I’m the only child in my family. My parent care about my very much or should I say they care too much, I didn’t mean to hate at what they’ve done but it just too protective over me, maybe it is because of my weak health from birth. You know, I never told anyone on this and you have my another first, how could you? For the exchange you have to tell me one of your secret in your next letter too. Hihi. ^^

That’s all for this time, I think. Hope to listen from you soon, but you can take your time no need to be this fast as your previous reply. Annyeonghi.

Edit: I’m so sorry. Mianheyo. I was planning to post this letter that day after my birthday but something, or to be more accurate, someone stop me from went close to the post office. My mother was here every day fetching my from school this whole week and because I didn’t told them about you and this letter things so I can’t find any excuse for me to go to the post office and sent this letter. I know you must be waiting impatiently day by day for this letter but I really can’t help. Sorry! I hope that you will not be mad with me and I really don’t want our friendship ended so fast because you are the only one I can trust you with my secret. JEONGMAL MIANHEYO.”

Yong Hwa let out some smile here and there as he was reading the letter but his face turn emotionless when he read the last part. He did not feel mad on her but in other hand he was feeling sorry for her. He could imagine what she had gone through these past few days and understood her situation. He also knew that she really want to be friend with him according to the last sentence in the letter. Yong Hwa finally knew why Soo Yeong sighed after she read the letter and he did the same sigh.

“So, can I go now? I’m starving.” Soo Yeong stood up from the swing as soon as she knew Yong Hwa had done reading the letter, which meant her duty was done.

“Yes you can but I will go together with you. I want you to teach my how should I wrote back to her later, after your meal.” Yong Hwa also got up from the swing after her.

“What? Why should I? Andwae! You have to write by yourself without my help so you can tell her about your real thought. And I’m younger than you so why should you ask for my help for your problem, EVERY TIME?” Soo Yeong protested and she specially emphasized the last word.

“Please… I know you are good and kind, aren’t you. Just help me this time and I promise I won’t ask any help from you again after this; or you want me to treat you someday? Please, my cute sister, your handsome brother might dying if you don’t help him…” Yong Hwa continued to beg her with his cutest aegyo.

“As I recall, I don’t have any brother before; and I know I’m good, kind and cute but this time the answer is no, N.O. NO! Moreover you always said that was the last time you ask for my help but you never stop begging for help again and again, so I won’t believe you on this anymore. Bye, you can go home now.” Soo Yeong turned around and started to walk back home. She did not want to get herself involve more in her brother and his pen-pal’s relationship. She only wanted to stand on outside of the line and watched them as time passed.

“Park Soo Yeong, how could you say that? I know I had been troublesome for you but I also helped you before, although it’s nothing serious, but still…” he stopped for a while and continued “you know I’m very bad in expressing my real emotion, with or without words. This was why I want to learn how to write song lyrics because it helps me a bit, I think. But this time is different; she is an important friend for me, when it comes to write for her I had harder time in thinking the correct words to phase out my thought. That way I want you to help me choosing the correct word for my letter.” Yong Hwa looked down to the ground the whole moment when he let his thought out.

In other hand, Soo Yeong knew she had gone too hash on him and she had never seen Yong Hwa in this behaviour before, although them only knew each other for about two weeks only. To her, Yong Hwa was totally choding on the outside but he was lonely, kind, quiet and sometime ego inside. She surely want to help him on this but she also knew that he would not learnt on himself if she helped him up, he will always depend on him every time he want to write to her. She was young but she was pretty mature in her mind because of her history and her surroundings. She had learnt to life by herself because she was the only child in the family and her parents were always on other countries due to their world-wide business. This week was her parents break so they were at home these days but they will went off to Japan and China next week, then continue to Europe countries until next month before they come back to Korea. Soo Yeong had to live by herself all this time, so she had to be more mature than other children. Sometime Yong Hwa felt really small when he compared his situation to her. Yes, Yong Hwa’s parents were busy on their business too but they never left him alone for more than one whole day.

“Arasso… arasso… I’ll help you this time but I’m only help you to choose the suitable words for your letter, no more than that, got it? But let me eat first, or I’ll die for starving before I can help you.” Finally Soo Yeong gave up.

“Yes! I knew you will help me on this. My little sister will never let me down, right?” Yong Hwa suddenly jumped up and down when he heard the answer.

“Aigoo… I never said that.” Soo Yeong had a bit shock to see Yong Hwa sudden change.

“Thank you very much.” Yong Hwa parted his lips on her cheek after he finished the sentence.

“Eww…… what’s that for, Jung Yong Hwa!” Soo Yeong quickly pulled herself away from him after her few seconds stun on his action.

“That’s for showing how much I love you, my sister.”

“This is the last time you did this to me, I hope. NO, this IS the last or I will kill you myself if you trying to do that again. I swear by the moon and the star in the sky.” Soo Yeong shot him a deadly glaze.

“Why do you copy the lyric of an English song? ‘I swear by the moon and the star in the sky’? There is no moon and star in the sky right now; it only has the sun in the sky only, so you should say that ‘I swear by the sun in the sky’. Ahahaha.” Yong Hwa was back to his choding-self again.

“Aigoo… this choding… whatever you say!” Soo Yeong ran toward her house as soon as possible or she will be dying in anger and embarrassment if she stayed there any longer.

“Hey, wait up!” Yong Hwa also followed her to her house.

Mrs Park saw their last moment together before they enter the house and she giggled to see those two reactions. She was thinking something on her mind and she hope that her wish will come true when the time was correct.

Yong Hwa had his lunch together with the Park’s family, which he had done a few time before too. After the harmony lunch time, Yong Hwa dragged Soo Yeong to her room because he could not wait any longer already. He wanted to start writing to ‘Princess Seo’ as soon as possible because he did not want her to wait for too long as he knew the feeling of waiting for something that you really anticipated at was very torturing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello everyone. Thank you for for reading and I'm very happy that the viewer count for this story had jus passed 900 and i hope i'll make it pass 1000 before my tenth chapter, which was my target since day one. (psss..... I promised myself that if my veiwer didn't pass 1000 after my tenth chapter, I'll cut this story short but if it passed 1000 before my tenth chapter I'll continue to write. Haha, it is just a stupid promise.)

Anyway, how do you all think about my new update? This is the longest chapter i'd ever write but it is full of Yong Hwa and Soo Yeong, no Princess Seo today. You know what, as i write this Yong Hwa, I think I had make him to be like me. As i read back from chapter one, I see a lot of similarity between this character and me myself. So you all better don't hate this character or i might take it as you hate me, hihi ^^. (Just Joking)

Some of you had asked me about will they meet in the future. I can only said that they will surely meet each other when the right time come but I still haven't think of that yet. I may do some time-skipping in the future chapter, but it is only a plan. The reason why i don't want to think right now because as i write, the story had went a bit out of my original storyline, so i decided to let it to go with flow, write down everything that came to my mind.

That's all for this time, i want to say thank you to all reader, subscriber and every one that leave comment. Thank You!!!!

See you.