Kind-Heart Princess

Pen-pal Love

 

“What is this? Oh, there is a note inside. Can I open it and read it? No, I can’t do that, omma told me that I can’t read things that belong to others. I should put it back.”

…… (Few minute passed)

“No one is taking it, maybe it do not belong to anybody. Then … should I read it? It belongs to no one so omma will not scold me for reading it. Yes, it should be okay.”

She approached to the bottle again and opened it. It took her few minutes before successfully open it. She then pulled the note out and looked on it.

“Hello to anybody who read on this note. I’m a ten years old boy from Busan, Korea. I wrote this note was to suppress my feeling right at this moment. I’m feeling lonely and boring of my life here, because my parents, who are businessmen, never care about me and never look after me. They always busy with their business things because they said they are doing it for our better future life. I don’t want better future, I just want them to be my side when I’m happy, when I’m sad, when I need them. I just want a simple life, I don’t want to be rich because that need to sacrifice their time with me. I just want them as simple parents who take care of their children. I don’t want materialistic care. Another few days is my birthday, I hope that they will remember my birthday but I guess I better aspect for the worst. I think I should end this now. Goodbye and thank you for taking time to read this nonsense note.

p.s. I suddenly had a feeling to write down my address. If anyone of you who was reading my note feels to reply me to share your life out there, feel free to do it. It’s okay even you’re not. My address is: no…………Busan, South Korea. Thank you again.”

She read it and she felt sorry for that boy. She can totally understand his feeling because she also somehow felt the loneliness in her heart, but in different way. Suddenly, she felt her sight become blurred as her eyes were filling with water and in few seconds the water fall out of her eyes as tears. Her tears were not only for that boy, it was also because she remembered her own life.

She was eight years old and she was the only child of her parents. She was hoping to have some siblings but her mother’s condition was not allowed. She also had a weak body causing her to visit hospital often and that had caused her to have fewer friends. Her parents were looking on her almost twenty-four hours a day, and they were hoping high on her. Although she knew her parents were taking care of her but sometime she felt that they were care too much and it had become a burden for her.

“Joo Hyun, come here. Don’t go too far from here.” Her mother called out for her in their picnic spot. Today her parents bring her to the beach to picnic, along with the earlier celebration of her birthday because her father had to work on her birthday. This was her first time saw the ocean and the beach, so she was very excited and run around on the beach after her parents had settle down on a spot, which was a moment before she found the bottle and the note.

“What is that on your hand, honey?” asked her mother when she saw her daughter came back with an empty bottle on her hand. The letter was kept in Joo Hyun’s pocket because she knew her mother might scold her on looking on other’s letter.

“It’s nothing, omma.”

“Then throw it away, why do you pick it up?”

“Okay!”

“Honey, why are your eyes all red? Are you crying? Why are you crying?”

“No, I’m not crying. I’m too happy to see blue ocean and beach.” She cannot tell her mother the real reason why she was crying.

“Babo, common and have your lunch. We have kimbab today.” Her father who was sitting beside her mother said.

After the lunch, little Joo Hyun continued to play around, this time with her mother, while her father was laying on the picnic spot for a rest. They stayed on the beach until sun set, then they went to one closest restaurant to have their dinner and also had Joo Hyun’s birthday celebration. They reached home about ten o’clock and Joo Hyun was sleeping due to the exhaustion. She then woke up when her father put her on the bed, since she was awake her mother asked her to go to bath and get change before going to bed again. It was the moment when she tried to take everything out from her pocket, she saw the letter again. She almost forgot about the letter that she found on the beach.

She reread it again before going to bad and she noticed that this letter must have gone through a hard way from Busan all the way to the beach. She thought that it maybe was coming for her. She decided to write back to the boy hoping to cheer him up. With that in mind, she went to asleep because she had school the next day.

Next day, after her school, she started to write a letter back to the boy. Then she realized that boy did not write down his name on the note, so she decided to refer him as ‘no-name’. She did not know how to write a formal letter so she had to do it simple. She then also decided to not tell him her name, so she thought of a nickname that she liked it the most. After having a hard time writing a letter, she finally done with her letter and the last thing she had to do was to post it. After she post it with her pocket money, all she had to do was to wait for the boy to reply.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:  First of all, Hello to everyone who is reading my story and Thank you for reading. This is my first story ever because i don't like to write essay or story since small. I don't know what happen to me recently that i decided to write this story. So sorry if this story don't make sense for you. 

Secondly, I want to say sorry again for my poor english and grammer. English is not my first language and i had hard time in learning english. Sorry.

Thridly, I hope everyone who is reading this story can write down a comment or two, Good or bad doesn't matter. I just want to know how you think about this story.

Thank You.