Rainbow after ThunderStorm

Pen-pal Love

 

After two weeks of feeling down, Joo Hyun knew that she should not continue her life like that because she still had a long time to live and she still had her dream to catch. She finally had make a decision to not get deep into any relation with any male after this because she thought they were only using her as a life-saver when they needed it but they will throw it away when they did not need it anymore, like ‘Prince Jung’. She had thought about throwing away all the letters that he sent to her for three years, but she did not dare to do it so she kept all of them in a box and locked it inside the deepest part of her drawer, just like she did to her heart and their memories.

She still the same cheering person outside but nobody knew that she still crying alone silently at night because she did not want to let her parents worried about her. Yesterday, one of her friend in school asked her to follow them to SM Entertainment, the biggest entertainment company in South Korea, two days later for audition because they knew that she likes to sing and play music. Her parents was opposed that idea at first but they finally promised to let her go as long as she did not let go of her study even she was selected in the audition. Her mother also thought that this was a good way to get her out of the sadness when she was concentrated in her school and works if she got selected.

Two days had passed with Joo Hyun and her friends practising for the audition and the day had finally come. Joo Hyun and her two of her friends, who stayed nearby, were sent by Joo Hyun’s parents to SME Company. There were hundreds of students waiting in SME’s lobby hall including Joo Hyun other friends. Joo Hyun never thought that she will be competing with so many peoples but she never felt regret in coming to this audition.

Suddenly, her shoulder was patted by a hand. She turned around and looked on the face that she knew for quite some time.

“Hello, Joo Hyun, I never thought that I will saw you in here.”  A smooth voice greeted her as she turn to face her.

“Hello, YoonA eonni, I also never thought that you will be here too.” Joo Hyun was happy to see her school senior was there with her and her friends.

“Aish… look like I have a strong competitor in this audition now. Joo Hyun, don’t give them 100% of your presentation later, or I will not able to get selected if you do. Hahaha, just kidding.” YoonA knew Joo Hyun was doing great in her singing and playing instrument.

“Aigoo eonni, you will got selected; I’m very sure about it.” YoonA was famous in school of her dancing skill.

“Ahahaha, okay. Let’s work hard together to get selected together.”

“Okay, eonni. But there are a lot of good competitors here…”

“Hey, don’t tell me that you are scare of them!”

“No, I’m not scared of them. To get chosen from them together is very hard, but I’m will not give up on this.” Joo Hyun promised her parents and also ‘someone’ that she will not give up in anything she did.

“Yes, that’s the spirit.”

After the small chit-chatting, the audition started. One by one competitor was called to present their skill. YoonA and Joo Hyun’s turn was at the middle, they gave everything they knew in the presentation. YoonA was singing a hit song with dance while Joo Hyun was singing a sad song with piano, and she put all her feeling in singing and playing the song. After three hours of audition, the entire competitor had performed their best skill and now they had to wait for the result. After another half an hour wait, the result had finally come out. YoonA and Joo Hyun were selected together with nine other girls to be SM new trainer.

Today was the happiest day for Joo Hyun since her birthday because she never really thought that she could get selected, although she promised to work hard but to get selected from hundreds of competitor was still a surprise to her. All her friends congratulated her and their senior for the hard work and for being selected. They went to a nearby café to celebrate this happy news together. Joo Hyun’s mind was stuck on ‘someone’ again, who she wanted to celebrate with the most. Without him, she will not able to find her interest in music and singing and she will not able to get selected into SM as trainer.

“Joo Hyun, are you okay? Why are you so unhappy when we got selected?” YoonA noticed her changed since they started to walk to the café.

“Ne, I’m okay. Don’t worry; I’m also happy to get selected. I… I just still don’t believe this is the reality.”

“Babo, of course this is the reality.” YoonA patted Joo Hyun’s shoulder again hoped to get her mood up.

“Ya… I’m such a babo…” Joo Hyun still could not get him out of her mind, although she knew this was a reality, just like YoonA said even though YoonA’s answer was for other question.

“Yah! Seo Joo Hyun! You really look different. What’s wrong? Say out the problem in your heart, don’t keep it in yourself or you might get hurt. We are friends, aren’t we?” YoonA was worried about her because she was getting down and down.

“I’m okay eonni. There is something in my heart right now but it’s a long story and I’ll tell you next time when we free, okay? Now let’s concentrate on this celebration, don’t let me ruin this at all.” Joo Hyun tried to cheer up herself because she did not want to see more people got involved in her sadness.

“Okay, if you said so. But remember my ears are ready for you anytime you needed to speak out.” YoonA did not want to force her more.

“Okay and thank you.”

*****

In other hand, Yong Hwa was still under mood since that day he posted the letter. His parents and his friends did not know what had happened on him and they tried to ask him about but he never said a word about it. He missed her every second pass and every night he took the letters from her out to read it again and again, that was the only way for him to cure his sadness, loneliness and the miss of her.

Jong Hyeon told him to write down his sadness in lyric because he tried it before and its work for him. Yong Hwa also agreed with him because he knew that lyric was the only way he could express all his feeling but he did not want to write out his sadness in lyric so he wrote it in opposite way.

Yong Hwa took three days in total to stay inside his room writing the lyric and that worried his parents the most. They did not know what to do to help their young son, so they let him do anything he wanted to. Finally, Yong Hwa was done with his first full song lyric and he did the last check with his guitar, which he bought by himself in his birthday. Little that he knew that, in the same time in Seoul, she was having her turn in the audition.

################################################################

Wae jakkuman ireoni, wae mareul mos ara duedni”

(Why do you keep being like this, why can’t you understand)

Wae jakkuman nae geoteul giusgeorini”

(Why do you keep lounging around my side)

Neowa nan imi kkeuttnandan mal, deoneun bogi sirtan mal”

(You and I are already over; I don’t want to see you anymore)

“Eolmana deo haeyaman aradeudgea(ss)ni”

(How many times do I have to say)

“Neoui bumonim malsseum wae deudjireul an(h)ni”

(Why don’t you listen to your parents)

“Geu sarami wae eodiga tto eotteo(h)ni”

(What’s so bad about that person)

“Geunyang nareul tteonamyeon dwae himdeun ildo aniya”

(You just have to leave me; it’s not even a hard thing to do)

“Ije niga saldeon sesangeuro ga”

(Now go back to the world you were living in)

“Neol saranghanndan mal ijen moshae”

(I can’t say I love you anymore)

“Gidaryeodallan mal deoneun moshae”

(I can’t ask for you to wait for me anymore)

“Neol apeugemaman han babo gateun naya”

(I’m a fool that just hurt you)

“Mosnan manjail ppuniya”

(I’m just a poor man)

“Garago ddeonarago doiji an(h)nuen geojismareul haebwado”

(Even if I lie clumsily, telling you to go, leave)

“Sirtago andoindago jakku jakku ureodaeneun neoraseo”

(You keep crying and crying, saying that you don’t want to, you can’t)

“Miryeoni nae mameul jaba nae gyeote neol dugo sipeo”

(Lingering affection grips me, I want to keep you by my side)

“Hajiman deoneun andwae neol wihae kkeutnaeyaman hae”

(But not anymore, I have to end it for you)

“Aju eoril ddaebuteo naman ardeon neoraseo”

(Because you only knew me since you were very young)

“Moshaebon iri neomu manha(ss)janha”

(You had too many things that you didn’t do)

“Gajgo sireun geosdo gajgo joheun osdo ibeoyaji”

(You have to have the things you want and wear nice clothes)

“Ije niga saldeon sesangeuro ga”

(Now go back to the world you were living in)

“Neol saranghanndan mal ijen moshae”

(I can’t say I love you anymore)

“Gidaryeodallan mal deoneun moshae”

(I can’t ask for you to wait for me anymore)

“Neol apeugemaman han babo gateun naya”

(I’m a fool that just hurt you)

“Mosnan manjail ppuniya”

(I’m just a poor man)

“Eoddeohke naega neoreul isge(ss)ni”

(How can I forget you)

“Nae insaengui bichnadeon taeyanggeul”

(The shining sun of my life)

“Ireohke na neoreul bonaebeorimyeon”

(If I send you go like this)

“Eoddeohke sarjido moreuneunde”

(I don’t know how I’ll live)

“Neol saranghandan mal…”

(The words ‘I love you’…)

“Gidaryeodarran mal…”

(The words ‘I’ll wait for you’…)

 “Neol apeugemaman han babo gateun naya”

(I’m a fool that just hurt you)

“Mosnan manjail ppuniya”

(I’m just a poor man)

##################################################################

                Yong Hwa put down his guitar and wiped out his tears that had started to fall since the first note he snapped. This was a song written for her, although he knew that she will never have the chance to hear about it. He used a lot of harsh words in the start of song to show his determination on asking her to go away from him but he end up saying that she was his sun that had brighten his life, how could he just let her go away like that. Yong Hwa now knew that she was not a normal friend to him but she had already taken a special place in his heart and he was regretted with what he had done. But what had done was done and will never turn back.

Yong Hwa’s father was standing by the door, heard his son full song. He noticed that his son was very talented in doing this; write a new lyric and playing guitar. But to his most surprised was that how much feeling Yong Hwa had put into this song.

“Ahem! Yong Hwa, congratulation for finish writing a new song lyric. It was well done and I’m proud of you.” He knocked on the door and walked to his son.

“Oh, appa. Thank you for the comment.” Yong Hwa turned his head around to find his father was behind him.

“You really did a good job. Erm… Yong Hwa, what had happened between you and Soo Yeong these days? Are you guys broke up?” Yong Hwa’s father thought that this song was written for Soo Yeong.

“Mwo? Nothing happened between me and her and we never being together, so how we gonna broke up? We are just brother and sister, it’s not like you thought it is.”

“Really? But then who is your subject in this song? You can’t just write and put that much of your feeling into it, without anyone in your mind. I also know that writing a good lyric must base on the writer’s real experience, right?” Although his father was a businessman but he also knew some basic thing about music because his son wanted to get involve to.

“Yes, what you said is right. The person is… is… my… my pen-pal. We had stopped our pen-paling for two weeks already.” Yong Hwa finally told his father about ‘Princess Seo’.

“When do you have a pen-pal and why do you stop it? And also is your pen-pal a girl?”

“Yes, she is a girl. We met three years ago and we had started lettering since then. Last two weeks her mother found out about us and she wanted us to stop the pen-paling for her good. After a whole day of thinking, I decided to let her go…”

“Oh, I see that’s why you are acting weird last time. Yong Hwa, tells me the truth, do you… like her or even love her?”

“Appa, I… I… I also don’t know that if I like her or love her but she surely have a place in my heart because we had went through a lot for the past three years. But I don’t know is she is seating on the special place.” Yong Hwa did not want to lie to his father any more than he did for these three years.

“Yong Hwa, from what I saw, I can tell you that she is surely sitting in the special place in your heart. I know you are very hurt from letting her go but you shouldn’t give up yourself like what you did for these two weeks. You should continue live your life and hope that you two will meet up sometime in the future. Yong Hwa, remember this, real love will overcome the matter of time. If you two are fated to be together, you will surely meet each other in the future no matter what.

“Ne, appa, I understand and I will remember it forever. Kamsahabnida appa, for helping me to realise this.” Yong Hwa was grateful that his parents were in his side even on such a difficult time for him.

“No need to thanks me; this is what I should do. If you want to thanks me, show me some good result in your music career in the future.”

“Ne, I will. Wait! Appa, what had you said just now? Music career? Did I hear it wrongly?” Yong Hwa was shocked on his father words.

“No, you heard it correctly. Your music career. I had decided for you to continue what’s your interested in since I heard your song just now.”

“Ne, neomu neomu kamsahabnida appa. I will not let you down.” Yong Hwa never had thought that his father will let him continue his music learning and even let him take music as his career in the future.

No one of them would have thought that in the same day, both of them were taking their first big step for their future dream.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: hello, I'm back. this chapter is the start of my second part of the story, and the drama should end here. Hope you like it.

In this chapter, i also insert a song lyric that I assume that Yong Hwa write it (but it's not in the real world), anyone know what's the song? give you all a hint, it's 2am's song.

The two main charaters took their step into their dream, Yong Hwa got approve to continue his music and Joo Hyun got into SM company as trainee, So how would fate bring them back?

As usual, comment please. I know I had made some of you sad because of the 'seperation' but thank you for still stick with me.

See You.