Five More Years Please

Pen-pal Love

 

 “Oppa, why did you bring me here?” Jong Hyeon brought Soo Yeong to the café they meet months ago again. It was just a street down from the last spot. The two people did not share even a word on the way to the café.

“I found out that this is just near here and I thought this is the best place for us to discuss something.” Jong Hyeon leaded her into the table they sat months ago.

“Oppa…” Soo Yeong’s intuition knew that what Jong Hyeon was about to discuss with her.

“Waitress, please serve the order now.” Jong Hyeon called the girl, who was waiting behind the counter. Jong Hyeon had come here earlier to put down an order, before he went back to meet Soo Yeong and the couple.

“I had order two simple dish for us just now and this time don’t walk away from me again like last time.” Jong Hyeon turned to Soo Yeong, who was now having some mix feeling, confused, nervous, happy and shy.

“Excuse me, may I serve your order?” The waitress put down a cup of espresso, orange juice, two blueberry cheese cakes and a bowl of salad.

“I know that you like blueberry cheese cake, so I order it for you. And I don’t what drink to order for you but I remember that you order an orange juice last time so I order one for you again. Last time you didn’t finish your drink, so I hope today you won’t do that again because it was not good to waste food.” Jong Hyeon arranged the food and drink accordingly.

“Oppa, you don’t want to leave before I finish the food is only because it was a bad habit? If that so, then I will follow your words.” Soo Yeong pulled her cheese cake nearer her and started to eat it furiously.

“Soo Yeong-ah, slow down a bit or you will chock yourself.” Jong Hyeon put his hand onto hers to stop her from non-stop eating.

“WAE?? You want me to finish up all the food and now I’m doing it according to your order but you stop me again? Let finish it fast and go back fast.” Soo Yeong was angry with Jong Hyeon’s action but she did not know what the real reason she got angry with him was.

“But you shouldn’t chock yourself from eating fast. Why are you in such hurried? We still have time and I haven’t told you the discussion yet.” Jong Hyeon, in other hand, was finding more time with her because he did not know how and when to tell her his thought.

“Then you can tell me now when I was eating, so we can cut down a lot of unnecessary time.” Soo Yeong continued her eating. She would make a loud noise every time she sliced the cheese cake with her fork.

“PARK SOO YEONG!!! Why can’t you listen at me? Slow down your eating because… because… because I need time to think how to tell you my thought and I want to have more time with you alone.” Jong Hyeon could not hold his emotion more. He knew Soo Yeong was grudged with him.

“Oppa…” Soo Yeong never thought that he would say that to her, so she was stunned.

“I have a lot to tell you since that day we last meet but I don’t know how to start. I have thought a lot of the way to start before but when you are here in front of me, my brain went blank. So I get help from the food, hoping that it will buy me some time but you just keep eating furiously. Do you really hate me that much until you didn’t want to spend more time with me? If that really so, then you can go now and I won’t tell you my thought after this and I even bother you anymore after you leave.” Jong Hyeon let out all his grudged.

“Oppa, I didn’t mean to do that, but when I was ready to get some answer from you but I didn’t get any from you, my angriness built up without my noticed. I’m sorry.” Soo Yeong let go of her fork and looked straight to the guy in front of her.

“Soo Yeong, I’m sorry too, saying those words to you. I didn’t mean that by saying it. I don’t know why my brain went uncontrollable when it involved you. Since that day we first meet I…” Jong Hyeon did not know how to continue.

“Oppa, if you are going to say that how much you love me and want me to be your girlfriend, then you can save your energy on that. My answer will be ‘no’.” Soo Yeong helped him to talk straight.

“Soo Yeong-ah, why…” Jong Hyeon was shocked as he heard those words. He was hoping the other way round, so he did not know how to respond on this situation.

“You already knew that you are the one in my heart and I also knew that what’s in yours but this doesn’t mean that we must be together. I had never expected the whole story will come to this stage, and I don’t want it to be worst. I promised my parents that I will concentrate in my career first before other things else and if I fail they will force me to stop my dream and take over their company. If you really love me then can you wait for me another five years? In these five years, I will try my best to reach my dream then only we discuss about this topic. If I didn’t reach my dream after five years, my parents also will force me to take over their company and that time we also have more time to discuss.” Soo Yeong explained the problem she facing. That was the reason she kept avoiding Jong Hyeon after the confession day.

“Soo Yeong, I’m sorry that I only thought about myself every time, I don’t know that you have this worry. Don’t worry I will wait for you no matter how many years, you name it. Believe me that I can do it, as I already wait for you eight years already because of your one sentence that night.” Jong Hyeon said as his hand found its way to Soo Yeong’s hand and held it.

“Oppa, we are in public now, we shouldn’t do anything that can cause scandal. And I never doubt that you can’t do it.” Soo Yeong gave a hard grab on Jong Hyeon’s hand first before she let go of it.

“Meogja. This maybe the last time we share a personal dinner together before the five years’ time limit, so I want to have a good memory on tonight.” Jong Hyeon put a sad smile on his face.

“Oppa…” Soo Yeong suddenly felt sorry for him as she had technically rejected him tonight.

“Don’t worry for me now; just remember to call me tomorrow morning to see if I’m still alive.” Jong Hyeon jokingly said.

“Oppa! I didn’t mean to see you in this stage…” Soo Yeong was scared that he will do something stupid.

“I said that I will wait for you for five years, so I won’t do something stupid before that time came. I just worry about hyeong; he said that he might kill me tonight if I can’t fix thing up tonight.”

“But oppa, it’s not your fault. Why would Yong Hwa oppa say that? I will not let him free if he has hurt my boyfriend…” Soo Yeong quickly closed because she realised that she had just say a wrong word unconsciously.

“Boyfriend? Who? Is it me you refer to?” Jong Hyeon hoped that he did not hear it wrongly because this was one of the words he really wished to hear from Soo Yeong.

“No… I didn’t say… boyfriend. I say ‘my friend’. If you consider yourself as my friend then you are include in it too.” Soo Yeong turned her face away from Jong Hyeon as she did not want him to find out that she was lying.

“I will never consider as your friend after this if you don’t admit that you just say the word ‘boyfriend’. And also admit that you are referring me in the word.” Jong Hyeon made a false angry face but it was enough to fool Soo Yeong.

“Alright, alright. I… I… I admit that I say that just now and I… refer it to you.” Soo Yeong blushed when she say that because she did not want to lose him.

“Now that you already admitted yourself, I will not consider your friend forever after tonight.” Jong Hyeon evilly smiled because she was following his plan.

“Oppa, you fickle.” Soo Yeong pouted.

“But I will forever consider as your boyfriend, according to you. Keke…” Jong Hyeon finally got what he wanted.

“Oppa…” Soo Yeong blushed more deeply as she heard the comment.

“But sadly that this boyfriend have to wait for his girlfriend for five years more.” Jong Hyeon happy face turned sad again as he remembered the promised that he made just now.

“Oppa, don’t worry. We still can see each other around although we can’t show others our relationship. As long as we know that we are in each other’s heart, that’s enough for me. Hwaiting…” Soo Yeong tried to make his mood up but deep in her heart, she also felt the sadness.

“Hwaiting.” Jong Hyeon knew her intention to make him mood up so he did his best to put a smile on his face.

*************

“Hyeong, welcome back.” The maknae of CN BLUE greeted Jong Hyeon as he appeared on the front door of their dorm.

“What happened? You never greeted me every time I come back.” Jong Hyeon make a fake shock face.

“Hyeong, I DID!! By the way, you supposed to be as happy as Yong Hwa hyeong tonight, why did your face don’t look any closer to a happy face?” Jung Shin knew tonight Jong Hyeon was ready to confess to Soo Yeong but he did not see any sign of his happiness.

“Why must I be as happy as hyeong? What happened tonight?” Jong Hyeon was confused with the youngest member’s comment.

“Hyeongsunim knitted a mogdori for hyeong and he was showing off happily to everyone he meet tonight. I think he will come to you very soon, so get prepared. Hihi…” Jung Shin evil smile made Jong Hyeon scared. He knew how his hyeong acted every time he got a new gift for Joo Hyun, such as he ‘forced’ them to read the ‘YongSeo Story’ every night and prised how good Joo Hyun was, and he sprayed almost every corner of their dorm with the fragrant that Joo Hyun bought for him from Thailand the first night after he came back from their 200 day celebration.

“I think I’m very sleepy now.” Jong Hyeon tried to avoid the thriller given by his brother.

“Jong Hyeon-ah, you’re back. How the talk between you and Soo Yeong was? But before that, let me show you the most yaepeun mogdoli in the world, knitted by my wife.” Yong Hwa came out from the maknae’s room after he showed off his scarf to Min Hyuk.

“Hyeong, I’m tired now, I want to rest.” Jong Hyeon knew how torture he will if he continued to stay in the living room but before he can move a step, he got stopped by Yong Hwa who moved faster than him.

“No, you’re going nowhere before you make thing clear. First, do you think this mogdoli is well done or not? Second, you need to explain everything happened between you and Soo Yeong tonight.” Yong Hwa pulled Jong Hyeon’s hand.

“But…” Jong Hyeon tried to fight back.

“No but for tonight.” Yong Hwa stopped him again before he could continue further.

“Aigoo… arasso. Yes, this is a well done mogdoli by hyeonsunim. And nothing special happened tonight. Can I go now?” Jong Hyeon made a short explanation because he wanted to get away faster.

“Stop it right there! What did you mean that nothing happened tonight? Didn’t you explain everything to Soo Yeong? How much longer you want to waste, you two had wasted eight years already?” Yong Hwa strongly ordered. He wanted to know what really happened between his two best friends.

“I did but before I finished my words, she stopped me and she said ‘no’. And I guess we have to wait for five more years before we decided our next step.” Jong Hyeon sighed as he recalled the conversation he did earlier that night.

“Wae? Why Lizzy-ssi rejected you, hyeong? And what’s the meaning for you have to wait five more years?” Min Hyuk asked. He heard everything since start because he had followed Yong Hwa came out from the room.

Jong Hyeon sadly sat down on the cushion and explained everything to his brothers. Everyone felt sorry for him as they never thought that he have to go through all these, now that they had come clear with each other but they still could not be together yet.

“Hyeong don’t lose hope. Five years were not a quite long time, it will pass very soon before you noticed it.” Min Hyuk put his hand on Jong Hyeon’s shoulder to show his support to him.

“Yes, I know. I will not give up before she officially rejected me.” Jong Hyeon said with strong determination.

“Jong Hyeon, I’m sorry that I got angry with you just now. As my appa had told me that ‘real love will overcome the matter of time’, as long as you two really love each other, time will not be your obstacle.” Yong Hwa encouraged Jong Hyeon.

“Thank you for your words, hyeong. I really need some rest now, as tomorrow will be my new chapter of life begin.” Jong Hyeon woke up and walked to his room. The other three guys leave him alone to have his private time to think off his life after this.

“I’m so sorry for him. I hope that my love live will not be that hard like hyeong.” Jung Shin bluntly said.

“Yah, Lee Jung Shin! I didn’t know that you have your lover too. Who’s she?” Yong Hwa slapped on Jung Shin’s stomach before he could avoid that.

“No, she was not my lover, yet.” Jung Shin shyly answered.

“What did you mean by ‘yet’? Do you mean that she will be, one day in the future?” Min Hyuk sat down on another side. Jung Shin was now in the middle between Min Hyuk and Yong Hwa.

“Faster split out who was she?” Yong Hwa continued.

“I will not telling you anything connected with that. Good night.” Jung Shin tried to run away from the pressed given by his brothers.

“Sit down! You are going nowhere before you answer our questions.” Yong Hwa was quick enough too able to grab Jung Shin’s hand before he could move further from them.

“No way. I’m going to sleep now.” Jung Shin struggled to let go from the grab and ran to his room.

“Lee Jung Shin, you can’t hide from us forever! Tonight we will let you go but you will not that lucky again tomorrow morning.” Yong Hwa shouted from behind.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello, what do you think about this chapter? And how is everyone feel about yesterday YongSeo duet? (oppss... out of topic. hahaha....)

One more thing, I open to you reader to suggest a girl for Jung Shin, and if can, please give Min Hyuk one also...  thank you ^_^