Confession and ......

Pen-pal Love

 

Everything went smooth for the next two months. The news did not create a big scandal in netizens except for two people, Jong Hyeon and Joo Hyun. They told the others that they were not taking it seriously and had already forgotten that but in their heart they still thought about that almost every night.

It’s June again and it’s Yong Hwa’s and Joo Hyun’s birthday month. Each one was busy preparing the birthday gift for the other. Yong Hwa was out of idea with his gift until he remember Joo Hyun was a goguma-lover, same as ‘Princess Seo’, so he decided to give her the wish that he promised but could not have done to ‘Princess Seo’.

*****FLASHBACK******

“What??!! A goguma farm? Doesn’t she know that I’m just a ten years old boy? How could she asked for that as the wish?” Yong Hwa was shocked to what he saw. Princess Seo asked for a goguma farm for her wish that Yong Hwa promised for secret-exchange.

Yong Hwa did not know how to fulfil the hard wish and he spent the whole evening thinking of the solution for that until he finally got one. “I’m going to ask for postpone until we are big enough and when I can afford that. Hmmm… I think she will understand me. Okay that’s the final decision.” He spoke to himself.

Luckily for him that Princess Seo agreed with his idea.

*******END OF FLASHBACK*******

“I guess she will like it since they are the same kind, goguma-lover. But only with that was not enough, I think I should get her something more beside that.” Yong Hwa talked to himself as he thought.

In the other hand, Joo Hyun was also having a hard time to choose the suitable gift for her husband. She had learn to sing a song from CN BLUE and prepared a photo book of their story but she still did not satisfied with the two gifts. Just about the time she was going to give up on her thought, she saw her ring in her left hand. She remembered the Yong Hwa’s ring had broken into two, so she decided to make/buy him a new one, with the first ring as the mole for the new one.

*****************

“Yo~ong, jongmallo gomawoyo. I never thought that someone would really buy me a goguma farm, although it’s only two rolls. My wish was finally granted.” Joo Hyun remembered the wish she make to Prince Jung when they were small but he never had the chance to fulfil it. They had just finished having the lunch from the farm owner’s treat.

“Wish?? What wish? Oh ya, just now you told me that peoples are telling you to married with the goguma farm owner, so was that your wish too?” Yong Hwa had thought that it was the same wish with ‘Princess Seo’ but he let that idea skipped as soon as it came out to him.

“Ne, somehow like that. What should we do now?” Joo Hyun was not yet ready to tell him about her past and she changed the topic.

“Remember that I say we are going to fishing?”

“But here is far from the sea, how do we fish here?” Joo Hyun was confused.

“There is a fish farm nearby here and we are going there now. Kaja!” Yong Hwa stood up and started to lead the way. Joo Hyun followed him from behind.

“Yo~ong, why you would think to buy my omma a necklace too? That’s so odd” Joo Hyun suddenly asked in their way to fish farm.

“Oh that, I got this experience from my past. It’s better to get approve from girl’s parents first, before…” Yong Hwa did not know if he should tell her the idea that had kept in his mind since their first month ‘together’.

“Before what?” Joo Hyun heard that even Yong Hwa said it with a very low voice.

“N…nothing. By the way, where is your gift for me? I had given mine to you already and now it’s you turn. Palli…”

“What gift? I don’t know that we are here for birthday celebration, so I didn’t prepare any gift for you.” Joo Hyun looked to Yong Hwa with a confused look.

“Aish, jashik. PD-nim, can we stop filming a while? I want to teach this girl a lesson first.” Yong Hwa turned to PD who was following them the whole time with a joke.

“Go ahead. The cameras were all shut down since you finish your lunch. We need to save some battery for later filming.” The PD knew about Yong Hwa playfulness, since they had worked together for months already.

“Yah, Jung Yong Hwa! What you want to do to me? There are many people here, don’t you dare to do something funny to me.” Joo Hyun could feel the threatening atmosphere around her.

“Nothing. I will do nothing to you.” Yong Hwa answered with a fake smile on his face. He walked closed to Joo Hyun, who was rooting on her spot right now.

PD and the other cameramen turned around as they did not willing to watch the threaten scene; they decided to left the two some personal time while they headed to the next filming spot for early set-up.

“Yo~ong, STOP!!!” Joo Hyun shouted out loud in between her laughing.

“I will only stop if you give me my gift.” Yong Hwa continued what he was doing for the past minutes and ignored Joo Hyun’s order.

“O~okay, HAHA, how do I give you in this state? So you stop first before I could give you the gift.” Joo Hyun finally gave up.

“All right. You won’t suffer all this if you’re giving it sooner.” Yong Hwa stopped his ‘torture’.

“Here… your gift… is… NOTHING.” Joo Hyun started to run as fast as she could before she finished her last word. Yong Hwa was stunted at the spot for a second before he realised that Joo Hyun was already meters away from him and he started to run to get her.

“SEO JOO HYUN, STOP!!!” Yong Hwa shouted from behind chasing the girl. The quite village was full with laughing and shouting from the ‘make-believe couple’.

 After hour of playing around, they had stopped by the PD, for their second part of the day filming. When the sun started to set down, Joo Hyun finally give out her presents she prepared for days. Yong Hwa knew she must have prepared some gift for him but he never thought that would be so meaningful. She sang his song, made him a photo storybook and made a new ring for him. That night they talked a lot, a deep heart to heart talk, but was not deep enough to talk about their past.

“Yo~ong, I want to know why you choose a necklace out of other accessories? Do you know the meaning behind this?” Joo Hyun suddenly asked about the necklace again as they walked back to their car, which had waiting for them in the village entrance, holding hand together for the first time.

“I don’t know the reason for choosing that. But I remembered that some oldies said that necklace was the accessories that get closest to the wearer’s heart and it also hanging on the neck, which is the main route for brain message to other part of body. It was said that to give necklace to someone you love the most was to gain that someone’s heart and brain toward you.” Yong Hwa explained what his heard and he believed since small.

“Oh I see. So, is this mean that…… mean that… you… you… you want to gain my heart and brain to… to you?” Joo Hyun stuttered.

“I… I think so. Actually, I got some… something to ask you.” Yong Hwa stopped his step and turn to the girl his was holding hand to with a serious face.

“Ask what?” Joo Hyun blushed with his answer.

“C…can ww…we be t…true?”

“What do you mean by be true?” Joo Hyun could not catch Yong Hwa’s meaning by his question.

“I… I mean that can w…we be couple for true? Not for the show but for us only. I want to be a real couple with you for real.” Yong Hwa blunted out all his thought and he turned around to keep his red face from noticed.

“But… but how about Lizzy?” Joo Hyun also thought about be a real couple with Yong Hwa but she kept reminding herself of Lizzy.

“Why is this got connected with her? It’s only between us only, nobody more.” Yong Hwa knew she still thought of the news months before and also Jong Hyeon’s information.

“But she… she like you since small, isn’t she” Joo Hyun turned her face away.

“Hyu~un, listen to me. She was just my sister, nothing more and the only one she wants is Jong Hyeon, that stupid dude. And the only I want right now is you, Seo Joo Hyun. Do you get it?” Yong Hwa turned Joo Hyun’s face to face his.

“……” Moment passed without any words coming out from Joo Hyun’s month. Yong Hwa took that as answer that she did not want to be with him.

“So, I guess I know your answer already. Okay then, let go now, the car is waiting for us for quite some time already.” Yong Hwa let go of his grip on her hand and started to walk away.

“Yo~ong! Wait!” Joo Hyun finally talked after she realised that Yong Hwa’s face had disappear from her sight.

“All of this was happened too fast and I need some time to think about it, can you do that for me?” Joo Hyun grabbed Yong Hwa’s hand before he could go far from her.

“Alright. I will give you all the time you want.” Yong Hwa still feeling sad with her answer.

“Yo~ong, I got something to tell you. It’s about my past. My sad experience that chance my whole life.” Joo Hyun suddenly said when they continued their journey to the village entrance.

“Why are you telling me this sudden?” Yong Hwa asked, without facing her.

“Because it hurt me so much until I didn’t feel safe beside any male, except you. As you might knew that I was very reserve in front of male; you are the only and the first male that I got this close since eight years ago. That’s way I want to think twice about your ask before I answer your question. I don’t want to get hurt more than what I had already felt for all these years.” Joo Hyun explained her situation to Yong Hwa as she did not want him to think that she did not want to be with him.

“Eight years ago?” Yong Hwa stopped his steps again when he heard those words from Joo Hyun. It was the same time he got his hardest time in his life.

“Yes. But to think the other way round, if not because of him I might not be here now. I decided to go for SM audition because I need something to help me to forget the pain. And if I’m not, I will not be a part of SNSD and here with you in the show. Maybe I should thank him for that, if I had chance to meet him sometime in the future.” Joo Hyun finally knew why folks said that the bad might not be as bad as you thought; it might be good for your future.

“Him? A guy who hurt you? Is he your boyfriend?” Yong Hwa was starting to feel something familiar from her story and he was afraid to find out more but his curiousness beat him.

“No, he is just a friend, a close friend or you can say that we were soul-mate. We had spent three years together and after my eleventh birthday, he suddenly said that he want to stop the friendship we shared, without any reason.” Joo Hyun was a bit sad when she recall back her past but she did not noticed the face change of the her husband.

“He was my pen-pal and he was from Busan, same as you. He is two years older than me, same age as you too. He wrote a bottle note and threw it to sea, which I pick up when I was in the beach celebrating my eighth birthday. This was how we started our three years of friendship. We shared everything together except our real name. We used nickname to call each other and my nickname is Princess Seo.” Joo Hyun continued her story.

“P…Princess S…Seo??! Then I guess he would call himself prince, right?” Yong Hwa was shocked to hear the name he missed for all these years. How could he been standing beside her for all these month as her husband, without noticing her. It was true that he had thought about how similar she is to Princess Seo but he always told himself that they could not be the same person but now her herself proved him wrong.

“Yes, you guessed it correctly. How do you know about this? Did my eonnies tell you about this before, but I guess not possible because they promised that they won’t tell anyone about this. I think you are good in guessing things. Yo~ong, are you okay? Your face looks pale.” Joo Hyun finally noticed Yong Hwa’s face change.

“Yes, I’m alright. Come on, the car had been waiting for us.” Yong Hwa walked faster to the car as he did not know how to face her at this time. How fate surely had fun with them, was the only thing he could think of right now.

“Yo~ong, wait for me. Are you got jealous again with my pen-pal? I told you that he was just a close friend for me, nothing more…” Joo Hyun ran to catch him in the car.

“I know. I know. My tired now, I need rest.” Yong Hwa closed his eyes to avoid Joo Hyun’s stare as soon as the car started. Joo Hyun thought that he was jealous with her ex-pen-pal right now, so she decided to give him some time to cool down.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello, how about this new update? looks like someone finally knew the secret, so what will he do after this? will she found out too soon?