Return

Only One

Donghae's POV

Both Yoona and I were really excited for Yunho's and Boa's wedding. We spent the whole day looking for the perfect gift for them and after we did, for Boa a beautiful necklace and for Yunho a cool watch, we decided to go for a drink. I didn't talk to Yoona about what will happen after we return home, will we stay there or will we return to China after the wedding is over. Also, there wasn't a word about Mina between us and I thought that this moment is probably the best one. She was aware that I will see Mina and even though she didn't want to tell me that, I knew she was afraid how everything will work. Honestly, I didn't either.

"I'm really happy to see everyone again." Yoona started the conversation. 

"Yeah, me too, I really miss everyone there." 

There was a tension and obviously both of us wanted to say the things we were thinking about but couldn't say immediately. After talking to Yunho and after endless conversations with the guys, telling me that Mina isn't the same girl since I left, made me think that there maybe is a chance for us, now since I'm coming back. Yoona was still beside me and hurting her will be terrible of me but I was tired of pretending that something in me will change and maybe our trip to Seoul is a sign that I should end it all. It was hard looking at Yoona's eyes, knowing that soon I will end our reltionship, if I could call it like that.

"Listen, about Mina and all... Do you think you could bear with it?" she asked, endind that awkward silence that was between us. I raised a brow and glanced at her, noticing that her mood got down.
"I think I will, you?" I directed the question to her. 
"I guess." she shortly replied and started to play with the straw that was in her drink. 
Anwkward silence was on again and I was still trying to find the best words to start what I needed to tell her in the first place and not let all this happen, no matter how hurt she was in the beggining, because this is hurting her more, even though she doesn't show it. 

"You still love her?" she spoked finally. 
She knew it perfectly well, no matter how hard I try to hide it. She was looking at the drink in front of her, not taking her eyes off of the straw. Even if she tries to hide her look from me, I knew that her eyes are starting to be teary and that if she looks at me, she will probably cry and I really don't like to see her cry.
I remained quiet for a while but then she repeated the question again. It was time to tell her everything.

"I do. I didn't stop, actually the love is getting bigger each day and I feel guilty because of that and I kinda hate myself. No matter how far away I go, I can't erase her, I'm only in pain because every mile away from her hurts Yoona, it really does and trying to deny it all is making it worse. I gave you a chance, you know I did and during this six months I got a chance to get to know a wonderful girl with a warm and kind heart and I'm really thankful to you for being here, for loving me, but I can't. I simply can't give you the love you give to me and believe me I wish I can. If we continue this I will make you even more unhappy and I can't let that happen. Please understand me Yoona." 

I took her hands and waited for her to finally look at me. She did. Her brown eyes were sheding tears and they were sad. Just like when I saw her crying six months ago, alone over the phone with her friend.
She flashed a light smile to me while the tears kept falling on her cheek. 
"I just want you to be happy Donghae, that's why I joined you here and I believed that I was going to be the one who will make you happy but I guess I can't and it's okay. I will be okay. Thank you for telling me this, thank you for not leaving me, for not giving up on me." 

I got up from my chair and stood in front of her, reaching out my hand for her. She took it and got up too, trying not to cry anymore but it was to hard. I pulled her in a hug so she can cry everything out. We stayed in that hug for a long time, in silent. She continued to cry and I waited, gently her hair to calm her. She snuggled and after a while she stopped crying and just enjoyed being in my arms, just like I did in hers.
After the hug she faced me with her eyes red from crying and smiled again. "I will be okay, I promise." 
I believed her and I knew that deep inside she will move on and she will be happy with someone who will love her just the way she is.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Last call for flight 153, Seoul, South Korea."

Yoona took my hand and squeezed it gently, flashing a warm smile. "Let's go."
After we gave our passports and finally settled in the plane, I felt so happy and excited. In two hours we will finally be home, we will finally see everyone we truly missed. After six months I got a new chance to be with Mina. I got a chance to make everything better. 
"Don't be so nervous Donghae, everything will be great." Yoona's voice calmed me down. 
I took a deep breath and looked out the window, watching the last images of Beijing. Now that city will be so much more to me. It's the town who made me realise the where ever I am, no matter how hard I try, my heart will always love only one girl and that's Kim Mina. 

"Welcome to the flight 153, for Seoul, South Korea. Enjoy your flight." the voice spread over the plane. I snuggled into my seat with my mind already in Seoul with my Mina.