Drunken Truth

Only One

Donghae's POV

The silence in the apartement was killing me. Usually, whenever I would return from work, Mina would be there, listenin to music, dancing, singing or reading. Sometimes she would even make me lunch. It was empty and only the noise from outside was heard. I entered the living room, throwing all my stuff on the couch. I was exhausted from everything and couldn't think properatly. My attention caugh the bar who was between the kitchen and my living room. I wasn't sure if I should do what I was about to do. But, what the heck, I won't talk to anymore tonight, it's just me and alcohol. I took the first bottle of whisky and returned to the living room. I poured some of it in my glass who was on the coffee table. I started drinking it, hoping that my pain will go away, just for tonight. I drank the half of the bottle but the pain I was hoping it would dissapear was still there, actually, I was hurting even more. The bottle was empty. Everything around me became blurry a bit and I felt a little dizzy. I reached for my phone who was lying on the couch. I dialed her number and nervously waited to hear her sweet voice. I was desperate and drunk. 
"Donghae!!" said the voice on the other line. She sounded anxious and I could hear a bit of relief in her voice.
"Mina..." I mumbled, trying to sound normal but I couldn't. 
"Donghae, where are you?" she asked but I didn't gave her the answer. 
"Listen to me now..." I continued. She kept quiet and listened what I was trying to tell her.
"I'm drunk and maybe tomorrow all this will seem like a huge mistake but no one ever understood how hard it tis to be like this. I'm sorry for being like this but it's something that a desperate man could do right now, I hope you understand." 
"Donghae, wh-" she cut me off.
"Please, listen, just listen to me Mina!" I said and continued. "Mina, there is something I wanted to tell you a year ago but I missed my chance...Everything I'm saying is what I truly feel and it's not because I'm drunk. Mina, I have been loving you from the very start and you can't even imagine how much. Ah, my pretty angel, don't aren't even aware how much hapiness you are bringing to me even though I'm not the person who captured your heart and for that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not fighting for you strongly enough. I'm sorry for not being the one, I'm sorry you don't love me like you love him. This is the first and the last thing I will ever do and I just can't hold it anymore. My biggest wish was to be loved by you but now I see my wish won't come true and it's okay, I will be okay, as long you are sincerely happy my princess. This is what I wanted to tell you tonight, this is something I should've tell you a year ago but I couldn't because your hapiness is the most important thing to me and when I see your pretty smile, I'm happy. I won't bother you anymore and I will let you be happy, okay? Please never stop smiling, because that smile makes me feel alive everytime I see it. If you truly think he is going to change, okay, that's fine but I swear, Kim Mina, if he makes you cry one more time, I will kill him. Remember this. I'll have to break my promise now, and that is that I will never leave you, but I have to. I'm just someone who is bothering you in your love story. But, I might not be around anymore, remember that you're on my mind always, when the sun appears until the night stars along with the moon show on the dark sky." 
Tears were slowly streaming down my cheeks but the words I was hiding, the feelings that were hidden deep inside were coming out. I heard her crying too. She wasn't able to say anything. I just heard quiet breaths. 
"I love you so much." I whispered. 
"Donghae..." she hardly said but I didn't have any strenght in my body. I hanged up and closed my teary eyes, letting my tears stream. It hurted so much but leaving is the best for both of us. Maybe that was the thing I needed to do earlier. It's hard doing this but it had to be done. 
I heard the doorbell but I couldn't get up because I felt even more dizzy. I was lying on the couch, crying and waiting for sleep to come to my eyes. I tried ignoring the sound of the door but it was annoying like hell.
After several minutes of ringing, I heard the sound of keys and someone unlocking the door.
"You are a ing idiot, do you know that?!" Heechuk's screams were pierced in my head. I felt a huge pain in my head. 
"Heechul, go away." I mumbled turning on the other side, not looking at him.
"Siwon, help me carry him to the bedroom." Heechul demanded and along with him, tried to lift me up from the couch.
"God you're heavy." Heechul sighed and put my hand behind his head, and Siwon did the same with my other hand. I was barely walking and the boys practically draged me to my room.
I tried opening my eyes but everything was dizzy and left them closed.
The guys put me in my bed and both sighed. 
"Oh Donghae..." Siwon strictly said.
"What a sober man think, the drunk one says it." Heechul said and after that, I fell asleep with Mina never leaving my mind.

 

Author's POV

Siwon and Heechul returned to the living room and cleaned the bottles of whisky who were on the coffee table.
"What will we do now? Mina is devistated." Heechul sighed, throwing the bottle in the trash.
"First, that stupid head need to sober and after that, we will have a talk with him. He can't just leave Mina." Siwon answered. Both of them were tired from all the drama, Siwon with his drama with Tiffany and his mixed feelings and now Donghae and Mina. Heechul, who wanted for Donghae to confess in the beggining was really nervous and mad at Donghae for doing this, but he couldn't do anything now. Donghae will have to face the consequences for his action today and his friends will do everything they can to convince him that leaving the one he loves is a huge mistake. 

They felt bad for Mina because they left Siwon't apartment, leaving Mina who was crying her eyes out, Hyoyeon, Tiffany and Sooyoung comforting her along with Hyuk and Yesung. When she heard the confession, she felt heartbroken because now she finally heard how Donghae really felt and after she realised how much pain she caused him, it made her so sad that she couldn't hold her tears anymore. She couldn't face him right now, and she doesn't know how will she. She regreted every second of that kiss and every second with Jonghyun. She didn't knew how to start a conversation with Donghae tomorrow and she felt desperate. The guys promised her that they will convince him that he is making a mistake and tried to comfort her by saying that he was drunk and that he didn't knew what he was saying, but that the confession is true and that those were his true feelings. 
The thing that Mina was mostly afraid is that she will be left alone and that she might never be near Donghae. She was afraid that their friendship was ruined now. After this confession, she wasn't sure what she really felt towards him, but she was sure that  she was done with Jonghyun, no matter how hard he tried to fix what he broke. He was history.

"The one who truly cared about me as a friend and as a girl was him and I was to stupid and too blind to see it..." Mina whispered while crying.
"Mina, stop it. You will talk and everything will be okay, please don't cry." Tiffany tired to comfort her but she couldn't control her tears anymore. Tiffany was heartbroken and couldn't watch her best friend hurt like that. She felt bad for Donghae too because she understood him very well. She had to sacrifice her hapiness with Siwon to let him be with another girl. This situation opened the old wounds and made her even more sad.