Best friend

Only One

Mina's POV

After a long day, finally my break has arrived. I was really tired and my mind was already at the patesserie where Donghae works. I really love spending my time there. He makes the best cupcakes in the whole world but besides that, I just really love spending time with him. When I'm with him I forget about my problems, my pain and everything that has been bothering me. I took my bag and my phone which was lying on my desk, passed by Taeyeon's office and knocked on the glass door for a sign to her that I'm going on a break. She was talking to someone on the phone and waved to be. Taeyeon is the best boss ever. She the founder of the magasine for who I write. It's called "Lady" and it's a fashion magasine in which there are some columns about relationships, usually girly stuff. It's a really famous magasine and it even has a Japanese version and it's selling really well. I'm working as a reporter and I usually go on different fashion shows and write about them, interview famous fashion designers and write everything about the newest fashion trends. I really love fashion and it's really my dream job. 

I left the building and decided to text Donghae so he knows I'm coming soon. I was focused on my phone and on texting that I didn't looked where I'm going and bumped into someone. My bag fell on the floor.
"I'm so sorry." I mumbled while picking my purse when I heard a familiar voice. 
"It's okay. I wasn't looking either." 
I looked up and saw him. I was still on the ground with my bag in my hand but I couldn't get up, I just stared at a famous reflection which was blocked by the sun. I knew it was him.
"Hello Mina." he said and took my hand so I can straight up.
"Hello Jonghyun." I said fixing my skirt. 
"Are you okay?" he asked with a light smile. I nodded. I didn't feel like talking to him. Why did he have to show up right now. On my surprise, I didn't think of him that much, it focused on my work and decided to take love a side for a bit. Even thought I was hurt, I decided to hide that pain, for the sake of myself and the others. I had to be strong, because I had enough.
"What are you doing here?" I asked trying to sound cold.
"I know when you have your break and I...need to talk to you." he hesitated and bit his lower lip.
"I don't have anything to say to you Jonghyun." I responded. I really meant that, when we last saw each other, when I took my stuff, I told him everything I had to say. It was his turn to suffer.
"But I have so much to tell you. I want to make everything right Mina, please." he started to beg. He took a step closer towards me, but I automatically took a step back. 
"Come on Mina." he sighed and passed through his hair with his hand, frustraded.
"Okay, I'm listening." I said and looked at the time on my phone. 
"Don't be silly, it's your break, let's sit somewhere, eat or drink something." he chuckled.
"Donghae is waiting for me." I cut him off and shook my foot on the ground nervously. When I mentioned his name, his face got serious. 
"Are you..." 
"No, we're friends, I'm not that type of a girl who runs into an other mans embrance after a break-up. I still... Nevermind." I looked on the ground cursing myself inside for letting to much emotions in front of him.
"You love me?" he asked lifting my chin up.
I moved my head so his hands don't touch my chin anymore. "Goodbye." I said and passed by, but felt his hand on my wrist which returned me to my original position, in front of him.
"Answer me." he insisted.
I felt tears coming to my eyes and thought my voice betrayed me, I couldn't say anything, because if I did, I would probably cry. He was staring at me, I could feel it even thought I was avoiding his look. 
"Mina..." he quietly said and let got of my wrist. I looked on the ground again and felt a tears streaming down my cheek. My hair was hiding my face so he couldn't see it and I quickly removed the tear. 
"Please, just leave me alone. Go on with your life Jonghyun." I said and quickly passed by him so he couldn't stop me anymore. I didn't heard his voice after that, I didn't even looked back to take a last look of him. I just walked as quickly as I could and came by the road and called a taxi to drive me to Donghae. 
I entered and told him the address and looked out the window and saw him standing and looking in my direction. I quickly looked away and the taxi driver started driving. I had mixure of feelings inside. I was mad at him but mostly at myself for letting my feelings beat me and I felt sadness, regret. I didn't know why, I just...maybe I missed him, maybe his appearance just brought back the old memories. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I relaxed and tried not thinking about it, I also didn't want Donghae to see me in this kind of condition. I didn't want to tell him about this and make him worry or something like that. 
The taxi drove me off in front of the patisserie. I got out of the car and entered in the patisserie. I saw Donghae behind the counter smiling to me. After this unespected meeting with Jonghyun, his smile was all I needed right now. He walked towards me and gave me a hug.
"Hello cutie, how are you?" he asked still hugging me. I rested my head on his shoulder. The scent on his cologne was irresistible. 
"I'm a bit tired, but fine, you?" I asked after leaving his arms. 
"Great when you're here." he smiled and walked me to the chair by the counter. Yoona passed by me with a tray in which were two chocolate milk-shakes and just looked at me, without saying hello. She walked to the table and gave the guests their order. She returned, but this time gave me a smile. I smiled back and focused on Donghae again. 
"What do you want to drink?" he asked with a light smile.
"Caffe latte please and a..." I giggled.
"Chocolate cupcake, right?" he asked and piched my cheek. I nodded.
"Coming right up!" he clapped his hand and went to make my order.
While waiting for him, I felt a touch on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Yunho.
"Hi Mina-ah" he smiled and kissed my cheek. 
"Hello Yunho oppa. What's up?" 
"Oh, nothing, life is great isn't it?" he laughed. 
"Wow, someone's in a good mood." I said.
"Yes, I'm taking Boa out tonight." he happily said. I opened my mouth in a surprise. I know how much he likes her and I was so happy for him.
"Finally! I'm really glad for you, have a great time oppa." I smiled and in that moment Donghae arrived with my order.
"Here you go princess." he said. "Yunho, did you tell her?" 
"Yes, he did." I smiled and took a sip of my coffee. Yunho's phone ringed and he left us alone to talk.
"Do you like it?" he asked.
"You're a magician." I said taking another sip.

He was looking at me while I was eating my cupcake and after I noticed it I stopped eating.
"What?" I chuckled.
"Nothing, you're cute." he said making my cheek blush. I felt someting weird everytime he said something sweet to me. He usually called me princess or cutie or Minnie, but this time, I felt something warm in my heart. I enjoyed hearing him telling me those sweet things, I don't know why. 
"I wanted to ask you something." he started.
"Ask." I said and took a bite. 
"Do you want me to pick you up before Hyuk's party so we can go together?"he asked blushing a bit. He was so cute like that. 
"I would love to." I smiled and fixed the cowlick that was hiding his eye.

This was just what I needed. A little time with him, the only person that washed my worries and pain with a simple smile.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi my darlings! First of all thank you so much for subscribing and thank you for one upvote! I'm really glad you like my story. Also, thank you for commenting. I had a busy week so I couldn't update on any of my stories, and I'm really sorry for that. I hope you like this chapter. Continue reading and find out what will happen with Mina and Donghae. Thank you so much, once again. I love you all! <3