Confession

Only One

Donghae's POV

She was different, her clothes, hair, make-up and attitude. It wasn't the Im Yoona I know. Usually she was kinda of a tomboy, she didn't wear make-up and her hair was always in a pony-tail. I was actually surprised seeing her long hair and the whole Yoona herself in a new edition. When we arrived at the cafe, I immediately asked her about what she wanted to talk. 
"Donghae, are you okay? You look really tired and your eyes are red a bit." she said ignoring my words.
"I'm fine." I lied, rubbing the back of my neck. "Tell me why are we here." 
"Wow, you are an impatient guy." she chuckled, taking a sip of her caffe latte. I forced myself to smile because I didn't want to show her how nervous and messed up I am. 
Her face suddenly got serious and her brown eyes weren't smiling anymore. She held my hands with her own and took a deep breath.
"I need to get this out of my chest. Donghae, we know each other since you started your job at "Heaven." You actually never got a chance to see the real me, and I didn't got a chance to meet Lee Donghae as I wanted. This is me, Im Yoona. At first a shy girl, but later on I get more open and cheerful and I'm in love. With you." 
I swear, I had a feeling like something stabbed me in the chest, and I hard swallowed the black liquid I was drinking. I opened my eyes widely, looking at her speechless. 
"I was expecting this kind of a reaction, to be honest. I wanted to tell you earlier but I never had the courage, but here I am today, in front of you." she continued and flashed a little smile to me. I never payed too much attention to her, I tried to talk to her sometimes, but she was just too shy. I didn't know what to say to her n that moment. She kinda reminded me of myself and I knew how she felt. 
"I get jealous when Mina comes to the shop and when she hugs you and just spents time with you and every day I wish that it was me. I wanted to be the one who makes you smile and I wanted to hug you so badly. I'm sorry for being like this and for confession out of the blue but I just can't hold it anymore." she now talked with a trembling voice. My heart broke a little hearing her saying that. She was in the same situation like me, she loved someone she can't have. I knew through what she's been while looking at me being with Mina. She was hurt. 
"Yoona, I-" I tried saying something to her but she cut me off.
"No, look, I don't want you to feel bad or anything. I know you have some feelings for Mina and I understand and I won't bother you guys." 
It was a punch in the face for me. She will never be mine and that was a fact I still nedded to accept. 
"Yoona, she's with Jonghyun, I mean, she still loves him and I... she's happy so I'm fine with that." I sighed. It was all still fresh to me hearing this, made me feel like a bad person.
"But you're not happy." she replied. She was right, I was truly happy but that's life, you can't have everything. I wanted Mina and my wish won't come true and I have to continue my life without believing that she will love me. 
"I'm leaving to China in a couple of days and I will stay there for a moth or two." I said, not commenting what she told me earlier.
She was in shock to hear it, it was written on her face. "No, why?" 
"I have to. I need to get out of this city just for a while and fix the mess that is in my head right now. I need to forget something." 
"What oppa?" she asked curiously.
"Kim Mina." I shortly replied. Her face turned serious again, showing no emotions to me.
"I will help you forget Donghae, you just need to believe me. I will go with you and make sure you don't feel sad like you are right now." she said calmly, playing with our fingers.
"I know that you are hurt and I know how you feel, believe me." 
"Yoona, I don't want to hurt you." I said, staring at her dark brown eyes. 
"You aren't hurting me now oppa, I'm fine just being by your side. Just please let me go with you." she tried to assure me.
Then silence came between us. Is that a good idea? What if Mina finds out. No, I shouldn't be thinking about her reaction, Jonghyun will make her forget about my existance so what bother.

"Okay." I broke the silence between us and a smile showed on her pale face. "You can go with me."