Let me fade away

Only One

Mina's POV

It's been a week since I last saw Donghae. As the day goes by, my pain is getting bigger. I work all day so I can keep my mind busy for those hours when I'm in the office writing, but when I come home, all the things that were aside during the day, come out at night. The miserable feeling returns and I spent my nights alone, crying myself to sleep. I don't even have the will to go out, to spend some time with people around me. Tiffany and the guys stop by when they have the time and they try their best to cheer me. In a word I was empty. Emotionally empty, I was going through life, moving like a walking dead, without any hope that I will hear his voice once more or to see him in my apartment, playing video games like he always does. I missed that so much. One Saturday, Heechul and Siwon stopped by and brough me Chinese food and some movies to watch with them.
It was really nice of them and I couldn't just reject them. During our meal I took the courage and asked them about Donghae.

"Guys, did you see Donghae? How is he?" I asked trying to sound normal but I think both of them knew that it was everything but normal. They looked at each other with a sad look in their eyes and then they glanced at me. 
"Umm, he is... well no. I mean yeah. He had a lot of work in the shop so we didn't took time to talk to him or anything." Siwon hesitated and Heechul, hearing him trying to make a normal sentece rolled his eyes.
"He's just like you Mina. He's keeping his mind busy with work and trying his best not to show how broken he really is in front of us." Heechul added and took a sip of his Sprite. I flashed a light smile to them and tried to figure out a new subject for us to talk about. 
"Visit him at work Mina or just call him. I know you're dying to do that and honestly and don't know what's stopping you to do it." Siwon said and again looked at Heechul who nodded. I didn't know either what was the thing that was stopping me to call him, probably the little voice inside me that was telling me that I did a huge mistake by not realising how much he really loved me and that my chance is long gone. I sighed and moved on to another subject, asking them about Hyukjae and Hyoyeon. 
"They are fine, they are spending some time together. Hyukjae told me to say hi from him and he said he will call you tomorrow to check you." Heechul said. 
"Oh, I'm really happy for them." I said and pored more Sprite in my glass. During the weekends Tiffany comes to my place and we spend some time together talking and being with her is helping me and during those couple of hours when we're together I try not to think about my problems and we avoid Donghae as the subject of our conversations, but last night she went to Japan to do a photoshoot in a famouse japanese fashion agency. About thirty famous models were posing in front of her camera and she told me this morning that it's going very well. I told the guys that Tiffany is working hard and that she is enjoying her time there. As soon as I mentioned her name, Siwon's face because serious. Although he never acutally told me that, but I know that deep inside he still cares about her.
"Siwon are you okay?" I asked him as soon as I noticed his facial expression. He blinked a couple of times and just nodded. "Yeah, I fine." 
"Oh, cut the crap Siwon. Who are you playing? It's Tiffany we're talking about. Your Tiffany." Heechul lightly punched him on the back. 
"She's not mine Heechul. I have a girfriend, remember?" Siwon frowned. 
"But she could be. Both of you are really dumb you know? You with that idiot Jonghyun on your back and you with your "I'm cold-hearted." attitude when we mention Tiffany. You guys need to talk. Mina with Donghae and Siwon with Tiffany, end of discussion. Make everything right when you have the time." Heechul snapped at us. Siwon and I listened and stared at him, both knowing he was right. In that moment, Heechul's phone ringed.
"Yeah?" he answered. After that there was silence and Heechul just nodded. His face became serious and sad in a way. He glanced at him and shook his head. 
"Okay, should I take-" he started but the voice ctu him off and then he nodded again. 
"Fine, we're coming." he ended the conversation. "Siwon, Yesung needs us to help him with the project he's been working on." 
"Oh, okay. Mina, I'm sorry to leave you like this. Are you going to be okay?" Siwon caressed my back. 
"Sure, go. I'll see you guys later. Thank you for coming." I smiled to them and gave them both a hug. They left the place and there was silence all over again. Heechul's words were in my mind for the rest of the night and I was struggling with the idea to really call Donghae and try to fix everything but again, there was a voice that was telling me that it is all over. I layed on the sofa and continued to watch the movie but soon I fell a sleep.


Donghae's POV

I was heartbroken for my action but I think it was the best to not tell Mina that I am leaving tonight. It would only make everything so much harder for me and I would start guessing my decision to leave Korea for a while. I called Heechul and Siwon to come and say goodbye before my flight. Hyukjae and Yesung were already on their way to my apartment and Yoona will be waiting for me at the airport in half an hour. 
"Yeah?" Heechul answered.
"Come over. I'm leaving the apartment in 15 minutes because Yoona is waiting for me at the airport. Hyukaje and Yesung will come soon." I explained.
"Okay, should I take-" he started and I knew that he wanted to  bring Mina with them.
"No, I told you not to bring her. Just tell her that Yesung need your help about his project fro work." I said and after Heechul agreed I hanged up. I packed the last thing that were in my apartment, necessay for the trip and waited for the guys to come. I looked at the window of my living room. The night was warm and streets were filled with people. The city lights brought a nice atmosphere in the town but I didn't find them amusing anymore. Nothing was amusing to me since I last saw Mina. Days felt like years and it was hard and it will still be hard. I knew that I was making a big mistake for not saying good bye to Mina but it was for our own good. The guys arrived soon, all of them with a sad expression on their faces. They came in and sat down on the couch.
"Guys, don't be like that, I'll return soon." I tried to form a cheefull mood but it wasn't working so well.
"You know that this will hurt Mina a lot." Hyuk sighed and the rest agreed. I knew it too and I hated myself for that.
I nodded and tried to stop the tears that were slowly filing my eyes. 
"I will ask you one simple favour." I said and took a deep breath. "Take care of my princess." 
My voice trembled and I was on the edge to cry now. They all aproached to me and gave a hug. As soon as I felt their hands around me, the tears just started to stream down my face. We spent a couple of minutes in a group hug. 
After breaking it, they were too on the edge to cry.
"We will. Don't worry." Yesung said and smiled lightly. I just wanted to hear that from them. The people I trust the most will take care of the person I love with all my heart and try the best they can to make her happy. 
"I will come back safe and soon. Thank you guys so much." I said and wiped my tears. 
"You're welcome. We will wait for you, don't worry. But, we all hope you will return as the Lee Donghae we all know. The one who will never give up on the only thing he loves that's her." Siwon said and patted me on my back. I smiled to them and took my luggage. "Time to go."
We all drove off to the airport with Siwon't car. Yoona was already waiting for me at the terminal. 
"Thank you for the ride. I will call you as soon as we arrive." I said and hugged them one last time.
"Take care." Hyuk said and waved to me. 

When they heard that Yoona is coming along with me, they didn't try to hide how surprised and unssatisfied they were with that idea and tried to convice my that it wasn't the right thing to. I didn't want Yoona to feel the same way as I am and I made a decision to forget Mina and Yoona was probably the best person to help me with it. In a couple of weeks she will probably forget I'm absent and she will also move on with Jonghyun by her side.