Confession

Only One

Loving someone who will never look at you the same as you do is really hard. Especially when that person is your best friend. A girl who sees you only as your older brother who is always there for her. That girl is Mina, the prettiest girl I've ever seen. My best friend who I know since we were little kids. We've been through so much together and now, she's in love. Unfortunately her heart was hurted so much, she cried so many times and just because of a guy who doesn't treat her right. I am always here to be by her side, to listen to her, to comfort her. Whenever she loses faith in love, I'm here to convince her that love is here, that love is something wonderful. Yes, it is, but love can be so cruel. When she says that she doesn't understand why is she like this, why she can't give up, I want to tell her that the person who loved her so much and still does is right in front of her. Me. Lee Donghae. Kim Mina's best friend, Kim Mina's brother. Nothing more. 

Mina and Jonghyun met on a party at our mutual friend's house-Siwon. Jonghyun was always a player, a guy broke so many hearts, who played with feelings of so many girls, with their faith in love. Mina is a girl who never fell in love before Jonghyun and she gave all her love to him. He broke every little peace in her heart but then beged her to come back to him because he still loves her. She, of course, would always come back to him because she always believed that he really does love her, that this time he's telling the truth. All those sweet words, all those promises were broken so many times and all I could do was watch her suffer. I wanted to teach him a lecture but she never let me. I had to promise her. And when it comes to her, I keep my promises. 

Mina and I met when she first moved to Seoul. Her father passed away just like mine and her mother and her came here to start a new life. We played together like kids, went to school together, went through so many happy memories. She wants to be a singer and I've been beside her when she had her first show in high school. She really has a beautiful voice. Beside her angelic face, her voice is really amazing. When she starts to sing ballads, my heart melts because of the sweet sound she makes. I could listen to her forever. I could look at her forever. Her perfect long dark hair, her pink cheeck, her full lips and her beautiful smile, her bright green eyes are the things that makes me love her more each day. Her kindess, her laughter, her gestures. The way she hugs me, the way she says 'I love you'. Everything makes me love her. She's simple yet so unique. 

I wanted to tell her that I love her so many times. Once I almost did but then she told me those words I was fearing the most.
"Oppa, I'm in love."
My world crushed at that moment. I was smiling in the outside, but in the inside, my heart broke. When I saw how happy she was when she would talk about him, I didn't want to ruin that happiness with my confession. All of my friends always tell me to tell her, to confess everything I feel about her but I can't. I'm not scared. She will never look at me with the same love she looks at Jonghyun and that's a fact. But no matter what I will never leave her side. Every inch of my heart belongs to her. To my pretty angel. Even if she never knows how I really feel. Her happiness is my number one.