There Is Always Hope

Show Me Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

The ambulance finally arrived, it took Baekhyun with it and the police and FBI took the knocked off man to lock him in until he's going to face the judge. Chanyeol and his friends got a ride to the hospital by Kai's father Mr. Kim, Chanyeol thanked him at least a thousands times before he walked in with his friends.

Chanyeol knew that he had to wait at least two or three hours before he would be able to see Baekhyun again, so he decided to call Baekbeom and his mother during that time. But not right away, he were busy with getting his own feelings to their right place. He had literally lost his mind out there for some seconds.

The boys sat down in the waiting room and no one really said anything for 30 minutes. Chanyeol decided to go and call Baekbeom before he goes to work or goes anywhere else. Chanyeol walked out from the quiet waiting room and had to walk out from the hospital to use his phone. He hit Baekbeom's number and waited for him to pick up, which he did after the second signal.

 

“Baekbeom here.”
“It's me, I have good news, he's saved. Baekhyun is saved form the murderer. He's here, at the hospital right now. I arrived for some minutes ago, I thought that it would be good if you knew this.”
“Is Baekie saved?! Is he alright?!”
“I don't know, I just know that he's in pain, or were in pain. I have no idea what's going to happen here or if he will even be able to go home, I don't know. All I know is that he's saved from the murderer.”
“I'm coming as fast as I can, I must pick up and fix her up first.”
“Do so, I'm here and waiting for you.”

 

Chanyeol hangup and walked back to the others, right when he came in a nurse came out and looked as serious as everyone else at this place. They trying to not show any emotions, but Chanyeol knows that when they look serious, it's often not good.

 

“Are you friends to Mr. Byun? Byun Baekhyun?”
“Yes we are.”
“I have good and bad news, which one would you like to hear first?”
“The bad.”

 

Chanyeol said before the others would say the good, it's better to hear the bead first and then the good, hopefully the good news will cheer them up a little after the bad news.

 

“The bad news are; Mr. Byun has to operate and might not make it out. The good news are that the risk that he don't survive isn't that big. It's around 43% that he will die during the operation.”
“Oh god, our little Baekie is so badly hurt?”
“I'm afraid so, I just notified you all before he's going in, so you're prepared if something happens.”
“Thanks nurse... But when is he going to operate?”
“They prepare everything now, he will go in about 10 minutes.”

 

Chanyeol just nodded and the nurse hurried away. Chanyeol felt how this lump in his stomach came back, he was getting nervous and worried more than ever. Lay got up and helped Chanyeol to sit down, scared that Chanyeol would faint or fall and hurt himself. Luhan laid a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder and looked worried and almost scared.

 

“Are you okay Chanyeol?”
“Yeah buddy, are you gonna be alright?”

 

Sehun laid his hand on Chanyeol's other shoulder, Chanyeol don't really know if he's alright. All he has in his head is this echo, the echo of Baekhyun's voice trying to say his name when he had saved him. Chanyeol wants to get out from here for a while, he can't bare this feeling anymore.

 

“Excuse me, I have to do something.”

 

Chanyeol got up fast and walked with his long giant legs away from his friends, he almost ran after a while and hurried out from the hospital to get fresh air. He leaned against the wall outside the hospital and breathed in the early morning air.

Chanyeol heard footsteps and looked up when he saw Baekbeom walking with his mother beside him, she looked pretty shocked and almost as shaky as Chanyeol. Chanyeol stood up straight and cleared his throat, how are he suppose to tell them that Baekhyun might die during a operation?

 

“Ah, Chanyeol-ah. How is he doing?”
“I-I'm afraid that I have to tell you something. He's getting operate soon, maybe right now, I don't really know but very soon or they have already begun...”
“What do you wanna say Chanyeol? Out with it.”
“He might die during the operation, it's a 43% that he will die.”

 

Chanyeol looked down at the ground, scared to begun to cry in front of Baekbeom and Mrs. Byun, but it was Mrs. Byun who begun to cry instead. Baekbeom just nodd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter