Investigation

Show Me Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol saw Baekhyun leave fast, wondering if he was excited to help or mad? Chanyeol is usually very good at reading peoples emotions and behavior, but this time he was unable to even figure out if Baekhyun was happy or not. He sighed to himself as fast Baekhyun left, had he made the right decision to let Baekhyun help him? After all, this might get dangerous and Chanyeol doesn't want Baekhyun to get in trouble.

Chanyeol got up, he changed clothes and hurried to grab his jacket and the keys to the house before he left. He had his bag with some documents, a writing block, pencils and phone. He picked his phone up and put the keys in the bag instead. Chanyeol walked fast and let himself study the surrounding while he walked, trying to remember where Marcus were living.

Chanyeol arrived to the soccer fields, the little read house was laying close to the way, then you only saw big green fields with green fresh grass. Chanyeol walked over to the house and walked in, he looked around a little. It was smelling sweat, soccer balls, and coffee, especially coffee. The walls was dirty and the house itself wasn't fresh and new exactly, but Chanyeol focused on the doors. He saw the white letters on a door, it was standing “COACH”, not that hard to notice.

Chanyeol walked over and knocked on the door, looking around again, the dressing room was right down the hallway, behind that was a little mini kitchen. The kitchen looked more fresh and new, it must be renovated recently. Chanyeol turned his attention to the door and heard quick footsteps.

The door went open by a man around 40-50 years old, probably not retired yet. He was wearing a pretty new training overall and looked pretty fit to be a coach, now Chanyeol understands why Luhan and Xiumin thinks their coach his so different.

 

“Can I help you son?”
“Hi, I'm Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you sir.”
“Lee Yoon, so what can I do for you?”
“I'm investigate about something, or someone. Do you mind if we go somewhere more private?”
“Please come in, I guess it's about Marcus, isn't it?”
“Yes, it's about him.”

 

Chanyeol stepped in and saw the old office, not the newest one, but it was still fresh. Mr. Lee sat down on his office chair, it looked frayed and pretty old, but comfortable. Chanyeol sat down on a chair in front of the dark tree desk, it was filled with papers, pens, a computer and other weird stuff, but Chanyeol quickly noticed the coffee cup right beside him, so he's the one who drink much coffee uh?

 

“Well, as you know, Marcus went missing since he was here last time.”
“Yeah, the police was here and asked for him, but he had already left. Tell me son, why are you here?”
“Well, to be honest I think Marcus is murdered, but I don't want to throw out my conclusions without some evidence.”
“What are you, a young coop?”
“A private detective, but I'm doing this job for free, after all no one asked me but I wanted to help.”
“Park Chanyeol? I think I know who your father is.”
“Please, can we focus on the topic? Is it okay if I ask you some questions?”
“Well, just because it's about Marcus, yes.”
“I heard from other teammates that Marcus was talking to you when they left, why?”
“Well his father has died and he was to tired and depressed t come, he had already skipped many trainings and I told him to take a break, but he didn't really want to. So I told him that he could take at least a month rest, just a month so he could gain some more power again.”

 

Chanyeol had picked up his block, writing down some words and nodded a little.

 

“When he arrived, did he act strange or said something weird?”
“Not today, but he has act a little weird lately.”
“When did it start?”
“About two weeks ago, he said something with shadows. I told him to not go home alone, but that evening, he walked home alone. I do regret it, that I let him go home alone,.”
“Okay, thanks Mr. Lee, is it anything else you can tell me about Marcus? Anything that you think is weird of important?”
“He always checked his phone on his way home, like everyone does, but his face went pale once, it was actually last time I saw him.”
“Okay, thanks. A quick question, do you know where Marcus live?”
“Of course, we have all names and addresses to our players in the computer here.”
“Numbers too?”
“Numbers, names, addresses, even which hospital you go to.”
“Do you lock your door to the office every time you leave?”
“Not always, because I'm often just outside, and sometimes others trainers need to check information.”
“I see, you better start to lock that door, trust me. Now, I must keep going, thanks for your time.”
“Any time son, everything for Marcus and my players.”

 

Chanyeol shook hands with the coach before he walked out, thinking. 'If Marcus was murdered, he must have been either kidnapped away, or killed in his house, not on the street or here, it's to risky that someone would hear or see something. But he wasn't murdered in his house, which means he's kidnapped away. But where and how?' Chanyeol looked down at the block, he had wrote down Marcus address and begun to walk the way Marcus should had walked last week.

Chanyeol noticed that the street he was walking was pretty empty, anyone could had killed or kidnapped Marcus here, but what if he's still alive? Chanyeol stopped, he looked at the ground, he saw a little button, from a shirt. He crouched down and was about to pick it up, when he noticed the shadow behind him. He quickly stood up and turned around, but not one was there anymore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter