Revenge

Peacemakers
A/N: Serena Fang is Aaron's partner in Gloomy Salad Days. :)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Later that night. Hebe's room.
 
As Hebe's an undercover now, she's living in a apartment rented and paid by the Police Force. She didn't bring much things along with her, except for some clothes and necessities. She sat on her bed and heaved a sign of relief. Mike He seems to be interested in her. She should seize the chance to get closer to him right? But she doesn't like the feeling of using relationships to get to her goal. It's such a dilemma isn't it? It's always Hebe's dream to become a policewoman upon following her father's footsteps. Sometimes, she wonder how would her future husband looked like… She fantasize about falling in love with a triad boss and he'll give up the triad to be together with her. And she's willing to give up everything just to be with him as well. Together, they'll flee to a place where no one knows them and live happily ever after. Such a nice dream isn't it? Oh well, that's all part of her fantasy which will never come true. Because she already had someone in mind and that person is definitely not a triad boss. 
 
Hebe smiled to herself at the thought of him… The one who she secretly carrying a torch for.
 
---
 
Soar High Company. Mike's office.
 
Fred walked towards Mike and reported, 'Boss, there's a batch of new goods coming in.'
 
It aroused Mike's interest. 'What is it?'
 
'Blood diamonds.'
 
---
 
The next morning. Graveyard.
 
Xiujie was wearing a pair of black shades. He placed a bouquet of flowers on Serena's grave. He noticed another bouquet of flowers on her grave. It must be Aaron's. He looked at her photo and smiled. She was really beautiful. No wonder both Aaron and Xiujie would fall so deeply in love with her in the past. Aaron, Xiujie and Danson were high school classmates in the past. Xiujie always pick the lock to the school office for Aaron to steal the teachers' flower pots or mugs at night. They would put the stuff back the next day. Danson will hack into the school system to change their schoolmates' information such as addresses or phone numbers. Well, everyone of us were young and rebellious before. They always did weird stuff just for fun and were never caught. During their university days, Aaron and Xiujie met Serena and both of them fell for her. They courted her at the same time, and she chose Aaron in the end…
 
Footsteps were approaching him.
 
'Iceman.' Aaron called out to him. He looked at Aaron and smiled. He paused at his spot when he saw Aaron holding a bouquet of flowers. That's weird… Xiujie can't think of anyone else that will visit Serena besides them.
 
'You're early.' Aaron smiled weakly.
 
'Someone's earlier than me.' Xiujie knitted his eyebrows. Aaron looked at the grave and spotted an extra bouquet of flowers.
 
'It might be from the girl who Serena gave her heart to.' Aaron commented.
 
'Oh… ' Xiujie didn't thought about that possibility. Aaron might be correct. Serena donated her organs after her death and she managed to help a girl to recover from her heart disease.
 
'You've been contacting the girl?' Xiujie asked.
 
'Once in a while, just to know how she is doing.' Aaron replied. He looked at Xiujie and thought for awhile. He wanted to ask him a question long time ago, but he didn't know when was the right time to ask.
 
'Do you still like her?' He just wanted to know if Xiujie is still in love with Serena.
 
Xiujie was a little taken aback by his sudden question but he just breathed out a smile. 'It doesn't matter.'
 
He patted on Aaron's shoulder and walked away. Aaron stared at his back for awhile and back to the grave.
 
'Serena, I'm here to see you again.'
 
All the memories began to play in Aaron's head again. Aaron and Serena were part of the police force. Aaron was under Special Duties Unit (SDU) because of his excellent marksmanship while Serena worked under Jiro in the Criminal Investigation Department (CID). Aaron refused to believe in the law ever since Mike got away with Serena's death. It was just a game played by the rich. He began to take justice into his own hands. During these two years, he's been sabotaging Mike's plans every now and then. At the same time, he also punished other criminals who escaped from the law. He didn't kill them because he felt that it's dirtying his hands. He just seized their wealth and helped the poor. Robinhood? He's not that noble. He just wanted to prove that he's right.
 
And one day, he'll avenge Serena's death.
 
---
 
Soar High Company. Marketing Department.
 
'Miss Tian, Mr. He would like to invite you to his office for a chat.' Matthew smiled as he stood in front of Hebe's desk.
 
All the colleagues were already discussing about her. Who is she exactly? How did she manage to get the CEO's attention?
 
Hebe bit her lips. Why did Mike ask for her? Has her identity been exposed? Impossible, she kept a low profile ever since she came into this company. Nevertheless, she followed Matthew and walked out of her workplace.
 
Matthew led Hebe to Mike's office and closed the door behind him. They walked towards Mike's desk. 'Mr. He, you asked for me?'
 
'There's a jewelry fashion show coming up, I want you to take charge of it.' Mike revealed his intention.
 
'What? But Mr. He-'
 
'Is there a problem?' Mike's words made Hebe speechless. She's just a new employee but he's giving her such a heavy responsibility. What motive does he has in mind? Is it really just because he's interested in her?
 
'No, I'll do my best.' Hebe put up a smile.
 
'You can go now, I'll tell you what to do again later on.'
 
'Thank you Mr. He.' Hebe left the room. 
 
Matthew asked, 'Mr. He, you are really letting a newbie handle the fashion show?'
 
'Why not?' Mike doesn't seem to worry at all.
 
'But we don't know if she could be trusted.' Matthew voiced out his concerns.
 
Mike grinned, 'It's my gut feeling. And she resembled someone I used to know.'
 
---
 
Later that night. At a rooftop.
 
'Mike He let me work on a big project that's coming up in two weeks.' Hebe reported, while looking at the sky.
 
'Be careful. He's a sly fox, he won't trust people that easily.' Jiro warned her.
 
Hebe sighed, 'I wonder when can I be myself again…'
 
'Are you regretting it now?' Jiro asked.
 
Hebe shook her head, 'All for the sake of justice.'
 
Hebe walked away, leaving Jiro rooted at his spot. Jiro was dumbfounded by Hebe's words. He heard this sentence before… Three years ago, 'she' said the exact same words to him. Three years ago, he sent an undercover to Mike He's company too. The undercover worked for Mike for close to a year and her identity was blown. In the end, she was killed by Mike…
 
It was Serena.
 
---
 
Peace Cafe.
 
A lady walked into the cafe.
 
'Sorry Miss, we're clo-' Aaron paused as he looked at the lady. It was Selina.
 
Aaron and Selina sat by the window side.
 
'Do you need a drink?' Aaron asked politely.
 
'I'm fine.' Selina smiled.
 
Aaron nodded.
 
'How are you?' Selina asked.
 
'I'm fine, you?' 
 
'I'm fine too. I heard from Jiro that your cafe is here, so I thought of taking a look.'
 
'Guessed it.' Aaron didn't show much expression when Selina mentioned Jiro.
 
'Aaron, are you still bearing a grudge?' Selina asked carefully.
 
'Can we not talk about it?' Aaron was clearly irritated. Selina's here to put up a word for Jiro.
 
'You know it wasn't entirely his fault.' Selina carried on, 'Serena won't want you to hate him as well.'
 
Aaron stood up, 'Look, I'm happy to meet you again. But if all you're gonna talk about is him, let's just end the conversation here.'
 
Selina looked down, 'I'm sorry to disturb then.'
 
She walked out of Peace Cafe, leaving Aaron alone there. He looked at Selina's back… Why is she rubbing salt on his wound? Doesn't she knows that it still hurts a lot? How could he ever get over the fact that his girlfriend died in front of him? How could he get over the fact that his best friend pushed his girlfriend into the fire pit? How can he call himself a policeman when he can't even protect his girlfriend?!