Second Encounter

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
At a warehouse.
 
Mike, along with two henchmen Fred and Matthew were standing on the left side. On the right side, there's three men in black facing them. The three men were none other than the Peacemakers. Danson was acting as the boss, standing right at the centre with his fake mustache and red wig. Aaron and Xiujie wore black shades and tuxedos, just like normal bodyguards.
 
'Mr Tan, here are the golds you ordered.' Mike greeted politely. Danson signaled Xiujie to go in front. Xiujie went ahead and check the bag of gold. He looked at Danson and nodded.
 
'Here's the money.' Danson signaled Aaron to go forward. Aaron, who was holding on to a bag of money went towards Mike. Fred opened the bag and checked the money.
 
'No problem.' Fred said it to Mike.
 
'Well then, happy working together in the future.' Mike smiled.
 
'Sure, sure.' Danson replied. Both parties exchanged the goods and walked back to their own cars. Sunnie was waiting for them at the car. At this moment, Mike's cellphone rang.
 
Ring! Ring!
 
Aaron sensed that something is wrong, 'Let's go!'
 
The three guys boarded the car swiftly.
 
Mike looked at the caller id, it shows 'Mr Tan'. Something is amiss. He realized he was cheated. Mike turned to the Peacemakers, 'Don't let them get away!'
 
Fred and Matthew took out their guns and started firing. Sunnie step on the acceleration pedal and sped off.
 
Bang! Bang!
 
'Hop on!' Mike was agitated as he boarded his own car. His henchmen quickly get on and they went to chase the Peacemakers.
 
---
 
'Sit tight.' Sunnie commanded as she focused on her driving. 
 
Bang! Bang!
 
Right behind them was Mike's car, with his men firing their guns.
 
There's a traffic light right ahead, it was blinking green. Sunnie smirked and started slowing down a little. It made the distance between both cars nearer.
 
'They're getting closer.' Danson knitted his eyebrows.
 
The light turned amber.
 
'Grab tight guys!' Sunnie step real hard on the pedal and the car flew past the traffic light. It turned red.
 
Mike's car jerked and stopped right behind the traffic light.
 
'What the hell are you doing?!' Mike reprimanded.
 
'It's the red light!' Fred scratched his head.
 
Mike hit the car window in a fit of anger. Those swindlers have got away with the gold.
 
---
 
Peace Cafe.
 
'Cheers!' As usual, the Peacemakers celebrated their success by having a sumptuous meal.
 
'DT, you'll pass the gold to Genie tomorrow.' Aaron commanded.
 
'What? Me? It's always Iceman's job to communicate with Genie.' Danson looked at Xiujie. Xiujie gave an innocent smile to Danson.
 
'Dumb DT! 007 is giving you a chance to talk to Genie!' Sunnie rolled her eyes.
 
'Nah, it's fine.' Danson just smiled and continued drinking his wine.
 
'Just do what I say.' Aaron insisted.
 
Danson looked at his teammates, they were all looking at him.
 
He sighed, 'Okay then.'
 
---
 
Mike clenched his fists as he looked at the bag of money. The swindlers knocked the real 'Mr Tan' out and he was locked up in his hotel room. They even used Mr Tan's money to exchange for the gold. Now, not only he has to repay Mr Tan the bag of money, he also lost his gold. How could he ever take this lying down?! Those bunch of swindlers were atrocious! He swore he'll find them and make them pay for his humiliation.
 
---
 
The next day. 
 
Danson was standing outside an office carrying a haversack. It read 'Zhuos' Law Firm'. He was still hesitating how he should make his appearance.
 
The lift door opened and a young lady walked out of it. She looked at Danson's back.
 
'Why are you standing here?'
 
Danson had a shock and he turned to face the girl. It was Genie, his 'girlfriend-to-be' in the past.
 
'Hi.' He smiled awkwardly at her.
 
'Follow me.' She walked past Danson and proceed into her office. Danson followed behind her.
 
Danson closed the door behind him. He placed the haversack on the chair, 'Here's the gold. You know what to do with it.'
 
'I know.' 
 
It was a moment of awkwardness where no one speaks.
 
Danson felt that he should leave. He looked at Genie, it's been awhile since he met her. She's still the same… 
 
'Well… I'll be going.'
 
'Bye.'
 
Danson walked out of Genie's office and closed the door. Genie looked up and stared at the door. She sighed. She just can't help it… She told herself to be nicer to him, but she just can't get over it… Does she still likes him? She don't know… She really don't know.
 
---
 
Peace Cafe.
 
Hebe opened the door and walked in. She smiled at the sight of all the cakes on display. 'Peace Cafe' was a recommendation from her friend. She just came here to have a look.
 
'Would you like to have some cakes?' The girl at the counter smiled warmly at Hebe.
 
'Can I have a slice of cheese cake?' 
 
'Sure, have a seat and I'll serve it to you shortly.' The girl smiled and Hebe noticed her name tag. Her name is 'Rainie'. Rainie walked towards the kitchen.
 
Hebe took a seat at the window seat. This cafe is full of warmth and the counter girl is so friendly as well. Oh ya, she wanted to borrow the restroom. It was actually her true reason for coming in! But she was captivated by the surroundings and she forgot about her true intention. She stood up and looked around. Aha! She spotted the toilet. She set her eyes on the toilet sign and walked towards it. She didn't notice that the floor was slippery...
 
The cafe door opened and Aaron walked into the cafe.
 
'Waaaaaaa!'
 
Aaron saw Hebe slipped in front of him so he grabbed her hand. Who knows, Hebe pulled Aaron down with her. Being the guy, Aaron didn't want her to get hurt so he let his body hit the ground first. Hebe landed on top of Aaron's chest.
 
'Argh… It hurts…' Hebe touched her head.
 
'Blur Penguin, you're not light.' Aaron commented.
 
Hebe looked up and saw Aaron's face.
 
'It's you again!' Hebe exclaimed.
 
Hebe quickly stood up and she offered a hand to Aaron as well. Aaron grabbed her hand and stood up.
 
'Rude Panda, are you a stalker?' Hebe asked innocently.
 
'What?! So that's all I get for being your human cushion?' He's a stalker? Seriously? What is this girl thinking?!
 
'How would I know?! If not, what are you doing here?!' Hebe pouted, this guy is rude!
 
Aaron rolled his eyes, 'Then what are you doing here?'
 
'For the cakes of course!' Hebe said confidently.
 
'So what can I be doing here?' Aaron looked at Hebe, awaiting her brilliant reply. Hebe didn't know what to rebut.
 
'Boss! You're back!' Rainie came out of the kitchen and smiled.
 
Hebe looked at Aaron, 'You're the boss?'
 
Aaron smiled devilishly and nodded. Hebe smiled awkwardly… This is so embarrassing! She mistook him for a stalker!
 
'I… I… ' Hebe kept thinking of what to say while Aaron just waited.
 
'I need the washroom!' Hebe ran towards the toilet leaving Aaron at the spot.
 
Aaron shook his head, that girl is really a blur penguin.