Round 1

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ice Pub.
 
Jiro gulped a bottle of beer down, 'One more.'
 
Xiaoyu handed him another one.
 
'Iceman told me everything.' Aaron sat down next to him.
 
'You're not mad at me anymore?' Jiro sneered.
 
'I forgive you.' Aaron replied and reached out his hand.
 
'Thank you.' Jiro held Aaron's hand.
 
---
 
VIP room.
 
'Still can't track their whereabouts?' Xiujie asked.
 
Danson just shook his head and continued typing some codes in his laptop, 'I can't get any signal from their cellphones.'
 
An idea popped up in Xiujie's mind, 'Try tracking Selina's.'
 
Danson paused, 'Good idea.'
 
He then continued working on his laptop. 'Yes! Okay, it'll show Selina's location in no time.'
 
Ring! Ring!
 
Danson picked up his phone, 'Hello?'
 
'Miss me?'
 
Xiujie noticed that Danson didn't speak for quite awhile, he then looked at Danson, 'What's wrong?'
 
'I'm going to save Genie!'
 
Danson dashed out of the room.
 
'DT!'
 
Ting!
 
Xiujie wanted to chase out but was distracted by the sound from the laptop. He went over to have a look.
 
Sunshine Beach? Isn't it at the other end of Taiwan? It would take at least a few hours to get there. Why would Selina be there?
 
---
 
'DT!'
 
Aaron chased after him, with Jiro following at the back.
 
Danson drove off with the Peacemakers' van.
 
'Hop on!' Jiro went towards his car. Aaron nodded and got onto Jiro's car.
 
They drove off as well.
 
Xiujie just got out of the pub. Should he follow them? Maybe he should just go to Sunshine Beach to have a look. He got onto his motorbike and drove off.
 
---
 
On Jiro's car.
 
Ding!
 
Aaron looked at his cellphone, he received a message from Mike.
 
Message:
Round 1 begins!
Good luck to your old undercover friend or say goodbye to the lawyer.
 
Aaron kept his cellphone, 'It's Mike. He's going to harm Genie.'
 
'Jiro-sir!' Wangzi's voice was heard from his earpiece.
 
'What's wrong?'
 
'Xiujie-ge went towards a different direction! Xiaogui, Guigui and I are following him now!'
 
'Got it. Keep me informed.' Jiro then focused on his driving.
 
'What happened?' Aaron asked.
 
'Xiujie went off to somewhere else. Wangzi and the rest are following him.' Jiro replied.
 
Aaron just nodded.
 
---
 
Sunrise Forest. In a hut.
 
There was only Genie and Cyndi inside. Cyndi was pouring kerosene all over the place.
 
'Are you planning to burn me alive?' Genie glared at her.
 
'Danson won't let you die. He'll save you.' Cyndi sneered.
 
'It's a trap?'
 
'It's just a game, to see if he can save you in time… But I think he won't make it.'
 
Cyndi walked towards the door, 'Oh right, since you're dying. I might as well let you know the truth.'
 
'What truth?'
 
'Do you know why Danson fired that shot?'
 
Genie looked away, 'I don't want to know.'
 
'The more I want to tell you.' Cyndi smirked, 'I told him that if he doesn't kill her, I'll kill you.'
 
Genie's eyes widened. So.. So he killed Winnie because…?
 
Cyndi threw a lighter on the ground and the whole hut was catching fire. She walked away.
 
Genie felt her tears flowing down. She has wronged Danson… She wronged him! She even treated him badly! She dumped all the birthday presents he gave her. She tore away all of their photos. She gave him cold shoulder, she drove him away from Winnie's grave. She treated him like he's invisible. She even hated him…
 
But all these while, he's actually secretly protecting her…
 
---
 
Sunshine Beach.
 
Sunnie was tied against a big log, standing vertically among the seawater. The water level was at her knees now.
 
'Very soon, the high tides will come and you'll drown.' Selina smirked.
 
Sunnie didn't understand why… She didn't offend Selina, did she? After she found out that Selina was Mike's sister, she was genuinely happy. It meant that she had another sibling other than Mike.
 
'Why are you doing this to me? I can apologize to you if I did anything wrong!' Sunnie was sincere.
 
'Cut your acting! It's making me puke!' Selina retorted, 'I'm Mike's real sister! Not you! Why is he being so nice to you?!'
 
Sunnie comforted, 'Ge dotes on you too.'
 
'Shut up!' Selina scolded, 'If it weren't for you… Xiujie will definitely like me!'
 
What's she saying… Isn't she Jiro's wife? She likes Xiujie? Sunnie was completely lost.
 
Selina felt the water rising higher and higher. She should leave now.
 
She walked out of the water, leaving Sunnie alone to die.
 
'Selina! Come back! Hey!' Sunnie tried to call Selina but she was ignored. Soon, Selina was out of sight.
 
'Anyone here?! Help! Please!'
 
---
 
Sunrise Forest.
 
Danson ran towards the direction of the smoke.
 
Aaron and Jiro followed behind him but was soon blocked by two men. One of them was Matthew, Mike's usual henchman.
 
'Boss said that Round 1 is meant for Danson Tang, you guys can't interfere with it. Stay here and don't move.'
 
More and more black suit guys appeared.
 
Aaron and Jiro looked at each other. They can't possibly out win such a big group of people…
 
Danson spotted the burning hut and barged into it.
 
'Genie!'
 
Genie was lying unconsciously on the ground.
 
Danson carried her in a bridal style and dashed out of the hut.
 
Matthew detained Aaron and Jiro and brought them to the scene and watch. They wanted to rush towards Danson but the black suit men held their shoulders. Danson placed Genie down on the ground.
 
'Genie! Wake up! Genie!' Danson began to perform CPR on Genie. He pressed her chest multiple times.
 
'Wake up!'
 
Genie coughed.
 
Danson pulled Genie into his embrace, 'Thank God you're alright!'
 
Genie was too weak to speak.
 
'You guys may leave now.' Matthew announced and the black suit guys let go of Aaron and Jiro.
 
Danson carried Genie in a bridal style again.
 
The four of them ran away.
 
'We have to send Genie to the hospital.' Aaron stated.
 
Danson nodded.
 
End of Round 1.