Captured

Peacemakers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hospital. Emergency room.

Aaron was standing outside, with his blood stained green shirt. He was lost in his own world of thoughts… The scenes were just replaying in his head… The first time they met on the streets, giving each other nicknames. The second time they met was at his cafe, quarreling about stalking each other. The third time they met was at the fashion show, she was absolutely stunning with her gown. After the three encounters, they exchanged each other's names and even lived together. He could still recall the night where he realized that she was his new tenant. She mocked at his dark eye rings while he asked her to show him some respect. After that, he fell sick and she took care of him for one entire day…

Aaron's tears flow down at the thought of that.

If there was a second chance, he won't repeat his mistake again. He knew that his feelings for her is not because of Serena. He could feel it… He'll muster his courage. He'll be brave. He'll tell her that he likes her.

The lights of the emergency room went off and the doctor came out. Aaron walked towards him.

'We've removed the bullet. The patient is out of danger now. She'll wake up when the anesthetic is over.'

Aaron felt a huge rock being lifted off his shoulders, 'Thank you.'

Aaron's cellphone rang.

It was an unknown number.

Aaron placed the phone at his ear, 'Hello.'

'Aaron.'

It was Jiro. Weird, he didn't delete Jiro's number so it shouldn't be unknown.

After awhile, Wangzi and the rest arrived.

'Ge!' Wangzi ran towards Aaron with the rest following behind.

Aaron hung up the phone.

'How's Hebe-jie?' Wangzi asked.

'She's fine. I need to go somewhere else now. Help me take care of her.'

Aaron ran off.

'Ge!'

---

At the pier.

'Jiro Wang!'

Jiro turned and he received a punch from Aaron.

Aaron grabbed Jiro's collar, 'You sent her as an undercover?!'

'Aaron, listen to me.' Jiro tried to explain but he received another punch from Aaron.

'What's your problem?! Why do you always pick the girl I like?!' Aaron reached for another punch.

'Aaron! It's not time to talk about this now!' Jiro made his stand clear, 'Like what I mentioned in the call, Hebe's identity might be blown because she saved you.'

'Fine, enough crap from you. What can I do to help her?' Aaron went straight to the point.

'I'll regain her identity as a policewoman, but given Mike's character he won't let her off.' Jiro replied, 'I need you to protect her.'

Aaron was getting irritated, 'I don't need you to tell me that.'

'Protect her using your identity as the Peacemakers.' Jiro stated firmly.

Aaron knew that he couldn't hide from Jiro for long, but this day came too quickly. 'When did you realize it?'

'It was at the museum.' Jiro replied, 'After I guessed that the person was you, I began to link everything together. If the person was you, the waiter at the fashion show was you too. And the sniper at the robbery was you. Assuming that you're the leader, the rest of the Peacemakers should be the people close to you. I began to check on Danson, Xiujie, Rainie, Genie, Sunnie, and even Wangzi. I've gotten the bartender's contact number from Hebe. He told me that he asked Xiujie to replace him during the fashion show. Because Xiujie is a bartender, he has a pair of swift hands. He should be the one who replaced the painting. During these few cases, the lights always went out because someone deliberately hacked into the security system. The only person who is capable of doing it is Danson. He used to be from the Criminal Intelligence Bureau, hacking is too easy for him. And lastly, Sunnie is the driver of your team. She worked in a car garage and is capable of making fake car plates. She was the model who stole the Dark Series that night. Another strong point that supported my thinking was, you guys kept spoiling things for Mike He. Although the Peacemakers are involved in other cases too, but it seems like you all are against Mike He.'

Aaron clapped, 'I should have been more careful.'

Jiro took a deep breath, 'Aaron, I've made a mistake two years ago. That is why I don't want to repeat the same one again.'

Aaron looked away, 'Same for me. I won't let the girl I love die in front of me twice.'

---

Hebe's ward.

Aaron came in and no one was inside. Hebe was not on her bed as well.

Aaron took out his cellphone and dialed Wangzi's number.

'Wangzi, where are you?'

'I went off with Xiujie-ge and Danson-ge to get some food! Genie and Sunnie volunteered to stay behind.'

'What?!' These guys… They actually let two girls stay behind…

'We're on our way back already!'

'That's all for now, I have another call.' Aaron pressed the button.

'Aaron Yan.'

Aaron immediately recognized his voice, 'What do you want?'

'Have you realized that there are three girls missing?'

Aaron kept his composure, 'If you dare hurt any of them, I won't let you off.'

'Don't be so tense! It's going to be a fun game! Hahahaha!'

Aaron clenched his fists.

---

Sunrise Forest. In an old hut.

The three girls were tied up together.

Cyndi glared at Genie, 'I really hate you for snatching him from me.'

'I don't understand what you're talking about.' Genie looked away.

'Quit acting! He sent me to jail personally just to get together with you!' Cyndi cried.

'We're not together.' Genie replied coldly.

'You're lying!' Cyndi was agitated. She ran out of the hut.

'She's nuts.' Genie commented.

'Pardon me for being nosy, but… What are you two talking about?' Hebe asked.

Genie then started to share her side of the story. Three years ago, Serena was sent to get close to Mike while Danson was sent to get close to Cyndi. Cyndi's Mike's cousin, taking charge of the underworld. Genie first met Danson during a gang fight. Danson was severely injured and Genie chanced upon him. She applied medication on him and offered to bring him home. He even laughed at her for being so gullible. What if he's a real crook? Genie told him that her instincts told her he's a good man. After that incident, Danson would always appear whenever Genie needs help. It made Cyndi jealous of her. Due to Cyndi's influences, Danson gradually rose up in the triad and became a turf owner. He managed to gather evidence and convict Cyndi of her crimes. However, Cyndi escaped and sought revenge on Danson. She captured Genie and her younger sister, Winnie as a hostage to lure Danson out. Genie was saved by the police but Winnie was still in danger. Danson was not around too! When Genie and the rest of the police arrived at the scene, she saw Danson firing a shot at her own sister… He killed Winnie…

'He killed my one and only sister…' Genie controlled her tears.

'Genie… Danson didn't mean it.' Sunnie consoled.

'He didn't even bother explaining to me why he did it. It shows that he's guilty.' Genie stated.

'No wonder he didn't take part in the shooting competition and asked Aaron to take part instead…' Hebe finally understood why. She heard from Wangzi about Danson's gaming addiction.

'Hebe, although we just met today but I can tell that Aaron cares a lot for you.'

'Huh?'

Genie's sudden statement made Hebe stunned for a moment.

Sunnie added, 'Oh right! He even cried! I've never seen him cry before!'

Hebe was feeling a little embarrassed.

'The last time he cried should be when Serena died.' Genie pointed out.

'Oh…' Hebe still felt uncomfortable about Serena...

---

Ice Pub.

'That Mike He actually captured Genie! I would definitely kill him when I see him!' Danson slammed the table.

Xiujie was just staring at Sunnie's earpiece, worrying for her safety.

'I'm sorry. His aim was Hebe but Speedy and Genie got implicated.' Aaron apologized to his teammates.

'It's not your fault.' Xiujie stated.

'Yeah 007, it's all that creep's fault! We'll save them out!' Danson placed his right hand on the air.

'We're a team.' Xiujie placed his hand above Danson's.

Aaron placed his hand on top of the two of them, 'We're the Peacemakers.'

----------------------------------

A/N: Think I promised to update it during the weekends and here it is! Check out xueqing-fanfics.blogspot.sg as I posted the two fanfics which are coming out next year. :) Thanks for reading and constant support!