Fated Encounter

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Outside the bank.
 
Two uniformed cops were bringing the robbers onto the police van.
 
The police inspector watched the van drove away. 
 
'Jiro-sir!'
 
He turned his back and saw two of his subordinates.
 
'We've questioned the witnesses around, all of their statement coincides. There was a blackout during the robbery. The robbers were unconscious after the blackout and all of the money disappeared after that.' Wearing a plain white shirt and leather jacket with jeans, Wangzi reported his findings to Jiro.
 
Jiro narrowed his eyes, 'What about the surveillance cameras?'
 
This time, it was Guigui's turn to speak. 'I've checked with the security, all the cameras were damaged this morning. We can't get anything from the tapes.'
 
It was indeed a clean job. But who would actually have the nerve to rob robbers? 
 
'Jiro-sir!'
 
There was a man holding on to an old lady walking towards them. He was also carrying two dubious garbage bags.
 
'Xiaogui, what did you find out?'
 
Xiaogui opened up the garbage bags and there were tons of cash and guns inside.
 
'What happened?' Guigui was curious, how did the money and guns ended up in garbage bags?
 
Xiaogui then explained, 'The cleaner over here is cleaning up the trash at the alley and she found these.'
 
Wangzi was confused. 'The culprit actually returned the money?'
 
'Send them for fingerprint check.' Jiro commanded as he looked at the bags from far. He spotted a note among the cash. He bended down and pick the note up.
 
There was a letter 'P' on the note.
 
'It's them again.' 
 
Wangzi, Guigui and Xiaogui looked at each other. They knew who their leader is referring to. It's the Peacemakers' doings again.
 
'By the way, is there a new member reporting today?' Jiro looked around and there was no sign of his new subordinate.
 
The three of them didn't know how to answer him.
 
---
 
On the streets.
 
'Don't run!' Hebe was chasing after a pickpocket. Suddenly, a figure appeared in front of the pickpocket. The person glared at the pickpocket and twist his arm.
 
'Argh!'
 
Hebe stopped at her tracks as she saw two policemen approached the pickpocket.
 
'Thanks!' The policemen thanked the person who caught the pickpocket and brought him away.
 
Hebe looked at the person. He has very nice features, his eyes, his nose, his everything… The man seemed to realize she was looking at her, so he looked back. Hebe smiled awkwardly at him. He flashed a smile at her too and he walked away.
 
She felt herself blushing, is this what you called love at first sight? But… Oh no! She's late for work!
 
She suddenly widened her eyes and looked at her watch, 'Jiro-sir's gonna kill me!'
 
She turned back.
 
'Ahh!'
 
She bumped onto something hard and she slipped.
 
A pair of hands caught her shoulders. She looked up and saw a pair of captivating eyes. She felt her heart beating really fast, as she was so close to this guy whom she never met before.
 
The man let go of her shoulders, 'Look where you're walking, Blur Penguin.'
 
Hebe suddenly regained her composure, what did this guy just called her? He is so rude! Guys with looks but without characters are creeps!
 
'Hey, it's not my fault that you're right behind me! You Rude Panda!'
 
'What?! Panda? Just because I wear black and white doesn't make me a panda.' The guy rolled his eyes.
 
'And just because I have a penguin shirt doesn't make me a penguin!' Hebe retorted, she can't lose to this arrogant guy! She must let him know that she is not afraid of him!
 
'I don't want to waste time with a penguin.' The man walked away.
 
'I don't want to waste time with a panda!' Hebe screamed at the man's back. She felt much better now. Wait a minute… Did she forget something?
 
'Oh my god! Ahhh!' Hebe ran away.
 
The man turned back and saw Hebe running off. He shook his head, 'What a blur penguin.'
 
---
 
Police Station. Jiro's office.
 
'Sorry I'm late!' Hebe bowed down, she's in deep trouble now. Trust her to be late on the first day of work. She looked up and saw her new boss looking at her. She smiled nervously.
 
'The colleagues are all out for lunch, I suppose you haven't met them yet right?' Jiro asked.
 
Three lines went down Hebe's head, is Jiro hinting something to her? She didn't get it. 'Ji-ji-jiro-Sir.'
 
'Answer my question.'
 
'Nope, I haven't met anyone here yet.'
 
'Good.' Jiro stood up. Hebe took a step backwards instinctively.
 
'You're fired.'
 
Hebe widened her eyes, 'Wh-what?!'
 
---
 
Moon Restaurant. In a VIP room.
 
'Cheers!' The Peacemakers toasted their cups and drank them in one mouth.
 
'You know we could always celebrate at my cafe.' Aaron suggested.
 
'I don't want to die of diabetes!' Sunnie cried, she has been sick of the cakes and desserts at Aaron's cafe. She can't take it anymore!
 
Aaron knocked Sunnie's head, 'You don't know how to appreciate good stuff.'
 
Sunnie pouted, 'I'm sure Iceman and DT doesn't want to eat your cakes anymore!'
 
'Don't drag me down with you, I'm neutral.' Xiujie retorted.
 
Sunnie throw a bun at him but Danson caught it.
 
'Don't play with food!' Danson exclaimed while Sunnie sticked a tongue out at both of them.
 
'Iceman, how's the money?' Aaron asked. 
 
'I did what you told me to and kept 4 million. I returned the rest of the stuff to the crime scene. Genie will handle the 4 million and she'll transfer us the money when she's done.' Xiujie does a clean job every time.
 
'007, why did you return them the money?' Sunnie didn't really understand his rationale this time. They normally keep all the loot for themselves.
 
'We can't take things that does not belong to us, that 4 million is our reward for saving the bank.' Aaron explained. 'So we're getting 1 million each this time.'
 
'Yes! I can buy a new car now! Hehehehe!' Sunnie beamed at the thought of it.
 
'Spendthrift.' Xiujie commented.
 
'How could you say that of me! Take that!' Sunnie threw another bun at him and he caught it with his right hand. He took a bite of the bun, 'It's quite nice.'
 
'Argh! Why you this-' 
 
Aaron and Danson laughed, the two of them are really a match made in heaven. Sunnie's loudness compensate for Xiujie's silence while Xiujie's meticulousness make up for Sunnie's recklessness. A pity that both of them didn't realize it themselves.
 
---
 
Later that night. Ice Pub.
 
'Another one please.' Hebe drank countless glasses of whiskey and she was a little drunk. Coincidentally, the bartender was Xiujie. In fact, he's the owner of this pub. He placed a glass of whiskey on the table. Hebe drank it in a shot.
 
At this moment, a group of men walked out of the VIP room. Hebe walked towards the group of men and slipped.
 
'Ahh!'
 
The man caught her before she fell to the ground. He looked at her for awhile and recognized her. She was the girl he met this morning chasing a pickpocket!
 
'It's you again?' Hebe smiled politely and took a step back.
 
'You looked different.' The man complimented.
 
Hebe just smiled, 'Thank you. Since we've met twice just today, I should introduce myself. I'm Hebe.'
 
'I'm Mike, nice to meet you.'
 
Suddenly, one of the men whispered something to Mike, Hebe couldn't catch their conversation.
 
'Well, I got to go now. See you again.' 
 
'Sure.' Hebe smiled.
 
Mike smiled and walked away with the group of men. Hebe stared at their backs. Her expression was unreadable. Hebe recalled what happened at Jiro's office earlier on… He wanted her to go undercover in Mike He's company. She was a little shocked when she realized her target was the man who she met in the afternoon. But a crook is a crook, if he's really a bad person, she'll find evidence and send him to jail personally. 
 
Suddenly, she feel like the whole world is spinning. She lost consciousness and fell backwards.
 
'Miss!' Xiujie saw her falling but he knew he won't be able to reach her in time.
 
TA!
 
A pair of hands grabbed her shoulders and she fell into someone's chest.
 
'007?'
 
'Iceman.' Aaron greeted his teammate and looked at the person in his arms, 'Blur Penguin?'