Double

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
'He's the Top Sniper of Taiwan, Aaron Yan?!'
 
Jiro patted on Hebe's shoulder, 'I'll be leaving. Take care.'
 
Jiro left Hebe alone frozen at her spot. was still wide open. That Rude Panda is Aaron Yan…? It's unbelievable! How could he be Aaron Yan?! It's impossible! No way!
 
Hebe ran out and stopped at the noticeboard, there was a picture of Aaron with captions.
 
Caption: 10th Eagles' Annual Shooting Competition Winner - Aaron Yan
 
Hebe stared at his photo… It's really him. Rude Panda is Aaron Yan. The one who she's been carrying a torch for, is actually him…
 
---
 
Ice Pub.
 
'Don't drink too much.' Xiujie watched Genie gulped down another glass of wine.
 
'I'm fine.' Genie took another glass and drank it.
 
Xiujie shook his head.
 
'Iceman… You know that guy… He's a joker! All he does is play games! Why did I even fell for him?!' Genie cried everything out.
 
'DT started gaming after you left him.' Xiujie reminded her.
 
'I really hate myself… Why can't I forget him…' Genie's tears streamed down her face. She buried her head on the table. Xiujie looked at Genie, she seemed to be asleep. One is his buddy and the other one is his cousin… He didn't know what to do with them too. He gave a long sigh before he reached for his cellphone. He typed a message to Danson.
 
Message:
Genie is drunk at my pub.
 
---
 
Aaron's apartment.
 
'Ge, you're home.' Wangzi greeted Aaron as he walked into the living room.
 
'You don't have to work overtime tonight?' Aaron asked.
 
'There's not much crime recently. It's a peaceful world.' Wangzi replied.
 
Aaron nodded, and thought about the empty room they have. 'Wangzi.'
 
'Yeah?'
 
'Have you found a tenant yet?' Aaron asked.
 
'Nope! Still looking for one.'
 
Aaron nodded and went into his room. Wangzi continued watching his news. The two brothers are looking for a person that can cook and do household chores. Both of them hardly have time to clean up their home and they don't have much food in the kitchen. That's why they often dine out or settle with cup noodles. It's the sad life of two men living together.
 
---
 
Genie's apartment.
 
Danson carried Genie back to her room and laid her down on her bed. He covered her with blanket. He looked at her for the last time then he walked out of the room. She's the woman he wants to protect for life. Even if she misunderstood him, it doesn't matter as long as she's fine.
 
---
 
The next day. Peace Cafe.
 
'Welcome!' Rainie greeted as Hebe walked into the cafe. Hebe looked around.
 
'Can I help you?' Rainie smiled.
 
'Is your boss around?' Hebe asked.
 
'You're looking for him? He's not back yet. How about I give him a call?' Rainie offered.
 
'I'm not looking for him! Can I have a slice of cheesecake?' Hebe smiled nervously.
 
'Sure, have a seat.' 
 
Hebe nodded and she walked towards the window seat again.
 
'Here you go.' Rainie placed the plate on the table and went back to work.
 
Hebe looked at the cake and smiled. She heard from her friend that the desserts and snacks here were made by Aaron. The last time she was here, she was too busy bickering with Aaron that she didn't bother to savor the food. She placed a mouthful of cake into and tasted it. It's really delicious. He's such a great chef.
 
It was nearly three years back when Hebe fell for him. At that time, she was just a normal civilian trapped in a finance company when all she wanted was to borrow a toilet. They were trapped in the company for two days and the police engaged the help of SDU. The members of SDU broke into the company and subdued the robbers by force. A robber held Hebe as a hostage and managed to escape along with her. One of the SDU members chased after them and they ended up at the rooftop. The robber ended up fighting with him and Hebe just stood at a corner. At the end, Hebe witnessed the SDU member fired his gun at the robber and killed him. Hebe was frightened and she moved backwards. She slipped and fell backwards. The SDU member saw that and pulled her into his arms. Both their eyes met and stared at each other. Hebe felt her heart beating abnormally fast and she fainted. Later at the hospital, a policeman was taking Hebe's statement and she asked for the SDU member's name. Even though she don't know how he looked like under his SDU's mask, she's grateful to him for saving her life. He probably won't remember her since he's saving people everyday… She thought of a crazy idea of becoming a policewoman to get closer to him but there's a problem with her heart. She is not fit to become a cop. Not long after that incident, she finally had a heart transplant surgery. Using the healthy heart she has, she fulfilled her wish of becoming a policewoman. But the moment she stepped into the police force, she realized that he quitted during the period when she was recovering from her surgery. Despite that, she felt the passion for this job and she decided to carry on. Was it the effect of the new heart? She didn't know.
 
'Rainie, I'm back.'
 
Hebe heard his voice and peeked at the door. Aaron carried a box and placed it at the counter.
 
'Here's the ingredients.' Aaron flashed his smile at Rainie. Rainie and Aaron began chatting. Hebe felt herself blushing as she stared at Aaron's face. His eyes, his eyes, his mouth… He has such nice features. How could she escape from his charm?
 
Aaron spotted Hebe and he walked towards her. Hebe felt her heart beating really fast. Aaron is standing right in front of her now.
 
'We really met again.' Aaron smiled.
 
Hebe just nodded. She didn't know what to say. His face is really irresistible.
 
'I'm Aaron Yan.' Aaron reached his hand out. Hebe stared at his hand.
 
'Blur Penguin, are you at outerspace or the universe? Time to return to Earth.' Aaron waved his hand in front of Hebe's face.
 
Hebe looked away, 'I… I'll be going.'
 
Hebe ran out of the cafe. Aaron looked at her back… She's acting weird today.
 
'Boss! I think she's mesmerized by you!' Rainie guessed.
 
'What?! No way.' Aaron walked into the kitchen.
 
---
 
Few days later. Soar High Company. Mike's office.
 
A knock was heard on the door.
 
Hebe walked into the office and shut the door behind her.
 
'Mr He, you were looking for me?' Hebe smiled.
 
'Have a seat, Hebe.' Mike grinned.
 
Hebe had a bad feeling about it. Nevertheless, she took a seat.
 
'Take a look at this.' Mike handled Hebe a document. Hebe opened it and saw Aaron's information.
 
'I don't quite understand-' Hebe's words were cut off by Mike.
 
'I want you to get close to him.' Mike stated his intention.
 
Hebe was really confused now, 'But why?'
 
'Do you know why did I hired you in the first place?' Mike asked.
 
Hebe shook her head.
 
Mike revealed, 'You resembled his girlfriend.'
 
She resembled Aaron's girlfriend? So he has someone he loved already?
 
Mike continued telling Hebe his motive, 'I want you to make him fall for you and cheat all of his money. I'll pay you a large sum of money every month.' 
 
'But why are you doing this to him?' Hebe tried to conceal her concern for Aaron.
 
Mike clenched his fists, 'He killed my parents. Killing his undercover girlfriend is not enough for him! I want him to lose everything!'
 
Hebe froze at her spot… Did she heard it wrong? Aaron killed Mike He's parents? And Mike killed Aaron's girlfriend? What undercover is he talking about? What's going on?
 
Mike placed his hand on top of Hebe's, 'Hebe, I understand your feelings for me. I felt the same way too! After I've gotten my revenge on him, we'll be together!'
 
Hebe nodded. Mike then smiled at her.
 
So she's going to be a double agent?

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ok I've been addicted to writing this until it's close to the end LOL. I can only say that there's going to be some unexpected twist and turns.
Some not-so-obvious spoilers:
I feel sad for Jiro for the upcoming chapters ):
Aaron's going to find out that he likes Hebe really soon! :) But our dear Hebe being slow, won't know about his feelings that soon.
The bane of DT's life is coming! Her appearance will reveal why DT and Genie are not together
And of course, Xiujie and Sunnie will be together soon. :)