Friends

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ice Pub. In a VIP room.
 
Xiujie opened the door and Aaron carried Hebe into the room.
 
He placed Hebe down on the sofa. 
 
'Warm water's here!' Sunnie walked into the room.
 
'I'll leave her to you.'
 
Sunnie signalled a 'OK' sign to Aaron. He then walked out with Xiujie.
 
Aaron closed the door behind him.
 
'You know that girl?' Xiujie asked.
 
'Not really.' Aaron replied.
 
'She made friends with Mike He.'
 
Aaron's face changed upon hearing the name. He immediately diverted the topic, 'Let's have our meeting when DT reaches.'
 
Aaron and Xiujie walked into another room.
 
---
 
Aaron's apartment. Living room.
 
Wangzi was watching the news on the television while Aaron opened the door.
 
'Ge, you're home.' Wangzi greeted him. 
 
'You're still awake?' Aaron smiled.
 
'Yup, just watching some news. By the way, there's a letter for you again. I placed it on your desk.' Wangzi added on.
 
'Thanks. Do sleep early.' 
 
'I'll.' Wangzi replied and Aaron went back to his own room.
 
---
 
Aaron's room.
 
Aaron sat down on his chair and opened the letter.
 
'Hi Seven!
I've read the books you recommended me, they were great!
Especially CBT! I could have never guessed that the female lead was actually the mole!
And the way she found out that who the male lead really is!
It was really amazing!
I'm currently reading Who I Love, it's a nice story between bodyguards and assassins too!
You should have a read!
Hope to see your reply soon.
Signing off,
April.'
 
Aaron breathed out a smile and kept the letter back into the envelope. He opened the drawer. It was full of envelopes with the same handwriting. He placed the envelope inside and closed the drawer.  Ever since that incident, only reading April's letters could make him relax. Who I Love is it? He shall have a look at the book really soon.
 
---
 
Soar High Company.
 
Hebe was dressed in her formal office wear and black heels. She approached the girl at the counter.
 
'Hi, may I ask where do I head for the interview?'
 
'You can take the lift up to 30th floor, the colleagues there will assist you.'
 
'Thank you.' Hebe smiled and walked to the lift area. She reached for the button but someone beat her to it. Hebe looked up, 'It's you again?'
 
Mike looked at her from top to bottom, 'You looked different again.'
 
Hebe smiled, 'Thanks, I'm here for an interview. You?'
 
'I work here.' Mike stated.
 
'It's such a coincidence!'
 
Ding!
 
Mike cleared his throat, 'Well, the lift is here. See you.'
 
Hebe walked into the lift, 'You're not coming in?'
 
'I'll take the next one.' Mike replied. Hebe nodded and the lift door closed. Mike reached for his cellphone and dialed a number.
 
'Hi Fred? One of the interviewees is my friend. You get what I mean?'
 
---
 
Police Station. Open office.
 
'Jiro-sir, the report is out. There are no fingerprints found on the garbage bags.' Xiaogui reported.
 
'Even the cameras were beyond repair.' Guigui added on.
 
'So it's a cold case?' Wangzi came to this conclusion.
 
'No matter how foolproof a plan is, there are bound to be loopholes.' Jiro pointed out.
 
'The Peacemakers always does a clean job.' Wangzi reminded Jiro.
 
'Wangzi, we caught the robbers' accomplice on another street right?' Jiro asked.
 
Wangzi nodded, 'Xiaogui was in charge of his statement.'
 
'According to his statement, he was chasing after the Peacemakers' van and his car started swerving around Tin Street.' Xiaogui stated.
 
'Have you send the car for examination?' Jiro asked.
 
'Yes I did, there was a gun bullet on one of the tyre.' Xiaogui explained his findings.
 
Jiro thought for a moment and stated, 'Let's all go to Tin Street.'
 
---
 
Tin Street.
 
Jiro, Wangzi, Guigui and Xiaogui were standing at a side. Jiro looked across the road and stared at the building. The building has a perfect angle for shooting. His eyes flew back to ground level and spotted Peace Cafe, which was at the same building.
 
'Wangzi, isn't that cafe…'
 
'Yeah, it's my brother's.' Wangzi answered Jiro's doubt. Jiro and Wangzi crossed the road and headed towards the cafe. Guigui and Xiaogui didn't know what's going on and they just followed behind. Jiro stopped at the entrance and peeked through the glass door. There were a few customers in there, with a girl at the counter. He's not around.
 
'Looking for me?'
 
Jiro heard the familiar voice and turned towards him.
 
'Ge.' Wangzi greeted Aaron as usual. 
 
'Wangzi, shouldn't you be working now?' Aaron totally ignored Jiro's presence and smiled at his own brother.
 
'We're out to investigate a case now.' Wangzi explained.
 
'Wangzi, bring the two of them to the rooftop.' Jiro commanded. Wangzi nodded and led Guigui and Xiaogui up the stairs. It was left with Aaron and Jiro now. Aaron rolled his eyes at Jiro and turned away.
 
'Aaron!' Jiro called out and Aaron paused at his spot.
 
'What do you want?'
 
'Don't be like this, we used to be best of friends.' 
 
'Friends? Hahaha! What a nice joke! Who are you? The great senior inspector! I'm just a lowly citizen that runs a cafe. How could we be friends?' Aaron's words were full of sarcasm as he glared at Jiro.
 
'What must I do for you to forgive me?' Jiro asked sincerely.
 
Aaron's eyes turned cold as he clenched his fists.
 
'Unless you die.'
 
Aaron walked into the cafe, leaving Jiro alone outside. Jiro looked down. Aaron has all the rights to be angry at him. It was all his fault…