Serena

Peacemakers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tin Street. At the rooftop.

'Wangzi, your brother and Jiro-sir know each other?' Guigui asked curiously. Wangzi just smiled without answering her question.

Jiro walked towards the three of them, 'Did you guys find anything?'

The three of them shook their heads. Jiro walked towards the edge.

'Is he gonna commit suicide?'

Wangzi knocked Guigui's head, 'Don't be silly.'

'You'll be dead if Jiro-sir hears you.' Xiaogui added on.

Jiro looked around the area, this place is a good spot for a sniper. He confirmed his doubt and he thought about Aaron again. He was lost in his own world of thoughts…

Flashback:

Aaron punched Jiro in his face.

'Jiro Wang! I'll never forgive you!'

---

Ice Pub. In a VIP room.

Aaron was drinking bottles and bottles of beer. His teammates just looked at him in silence, no one dared to stop him.

'What happened to 007?' Sunnie asked the two guys.

'I heard from Wangzi that he met Jiro today.' Danson replied.

'No wonder…' Xiujie looked down. Upon seeing Jiro, it would definitely trigger all of Aaron's unhappy memories. Looking at how Aaron is now, even Xiujie's bad memories came back to him. He took a bottle and gulped it down.

'Iceman, even you…' Danson shook his head.

Sunnie looked at the two guys, 'What's going on? You guys have to share the story!'

'Shhhh!' Danson tried to keep Sunnie from overreacting. It's no surprise that Sunnie didn't know. It all happened before they knew her. Aaron lie on the sofa. He finally knocked out after countless bottles of beer.

'Serena…' Aaron mumbled in his sleep. Sunnie managed to catch what he said.

'Who is Serena?' Sunnie asked.

Xiujie suddenly laughed a little. It was full of bitterness. He continued drinking.

'Iceman!' Sunnie tried to stop Xiujie by grabbing his beer bottle but he pushed her away.

'Speedy, let him be.' Danson urged Sunnie to go out with him. She nodded.

---

Ice Pub. At the bar counter.

'Serena was 007's first love. She died two years ago.' Danson summarized the whole story in two sentences.

'Just like that?'

'What do you expect?'

'Like… How did she die?' Sunnie asked.

'She was killed… I can't tell you the exact details because 007 will kill me! It's a taboo to even talk about Serena!' Danson explained.

'What does it got to do with Iceman then?' Sunnie just wanted to know why Xiujie was affected too.

'He likes Serena too.'

Danson's answer was a wakeup call for Sunnie. All these while, it was only her wishful thinking. Xiujie doesn't like her at all… She thought that she could melt the 'Iceman'. She was too naive...

'You liked Iceman right?' Danson asked abruptly.

Sunnie just nodded.

Danson patted on her shoulder, 'Give him some time. 007 and I know him for years. We can tell that he sees you differently from other girls.'

'I know that… He sees me as a brother. I know…' Sunnie put up a weak smile.

'That's not what I meant!' Danson wanted to clarify but Sunnie just stopped him.

'DT, I know that 007 forbid you to talk about Serena, let's drop the topic!'

Sunnie forced out a smile.

Danson sighed, was it right to tell Sunnie about Serena? Both Aaron and him could tell that Xiujie was opening up to Sunnie, but Xiujie himself didn't realize it.

At this moment, Xiujie walked towards them.

'What are you guys talking about?' Xiujie asked. Sunnie looked away.

'Iceman, you okay?' Danson asked.

'I won't get drunk that easily. Still have to work later.' Xiujie walked into the bar counter and picked up his cocktail shaker. He added ingredients into the shaker.

'You guys have a good chat, I'll be leaving.' Sunnie walked out of the pub swiftly.

Xiujie glanced at her back, 'What's wrong with her?'

Danson shrugged his shoulders. Xiujie closed the shaker and started mixing the ingredients. His mind went blank as memories flashed by.

Flashback:

'Thank you for loving me.'

Serena's smile was etched in Xiujie's mind.

---

Jiro's apartment.

Jiro closed the door behind him.

'Welcome home!'

Jiro was greeted by his wife, Selina.

'Sel.' Jiro smiled weakly. Both of them sat down on the sofa.

'Are you okay? You seemed really tired.' Selina asked in concern.

'I met Aaron today…' Jiro looked down.

Selina was shock for a moment but she patted on Jiro's shoulder, 'It's not your fault. He'll forgive you someday.'

Jiro grabbed Selina's hands, 'Do you blame me?'

Selina shook her head, 'I never once blamed you for it. I believe Serena doesn't too.'

'Thank you… Really…' Jiro felt better… He won't know what to do without Selina. He caused the death of her sister and yet she forgave him…

'Let's eat dinner, shall we?' Selina smiled.

Jiro nodded.

---

The next day. Soar High Company. Marketing Department.

Hebe sat on her own desk, staring at space. An office job of 9-5 isn't her cup of tea. She can't wait to complete her mission and get out of this hell. During these days, she didn't get to see Mike He. How is she gonna get close to him and check on him?

At this moment, a figure appeared in front of her.

'It's lunchtime.'

Hebe looked up, it's her target Mike! She stood up, 'Mr He.'

'Care to join me for lunch?'

'Sure! I meant… Better not. I'm just a normal clerk.' Hebe hesitated, she shouldn't let her guard down.

'It's fine, we're friends right?'

'Okay then…' Hebe seemed to be uneasy but she was happy deep inside her heart. She is one step closer to her goal.

---

Peace Cafe.

'Guys, I've got some news. There's a gold transaction tonight.' Danson sat down and started eating the cake.

'It's time to earn some pocket money!' Sunnie brightened up.

'Materialistic.' Xiujie teased Sunnie as usual.

To his surprise, Sunnie didn't rebut his words this time. Is she alright? She won't take his words seriously, will she? They've always been bickering…

'That Mike He is up to no good again…' Aaron commented.

Aaron glared at the wall, 'If the law can't do anything to him, let us punish him instead.'

Xiujie, Danson and Sunnie looked at Aaron. He is definitely still affected by yesterday's encounter with Jiro. But he's the boss, what can they do about him?

'Let's start planning.'