Online

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Later that night. At a rooftop.
 
'Why did you call me up?' Jiro walked towards Hebe. He told Hebe that they shouldn't meet up so often. If Hebe asked for a meet-up, there must be something important.
 
'Jiro-sir, can you tell me what happened between Aaron Yan and Mike He?' Hebe asked. She felt that Jiro will know the answer.
 
'Is it related to your mission now?' Jiro didn't want to reveal anything about Aaron, since it was his scar as well.
 
'Yes. It will help me a lot.' Hebe's stern tone convinced Jiro that she isn't joking.
 
'Three years ago, I sent an undercover to work for Mike He, just like how I sent you to work for him now. When Aaron's in SDU, he killed Mike's parents and Mike bear a grudge towards him. Mike realized that the undercover was Aaron's girlfriend, Serena. Soon, her cover was blown and Mike killed her in front of Aaron.' Jiro didn't want to talk about it… But if it will help Hebe in her mission, why not? He didn't want Hebe to become the second Serena.
 
Hebe shut her eyes for a moment, 'Mike He wants me to get close to Aaron Yan, and cheat him of his money.'
 
'What?!' Jiro had a mini shock, what is Mike He plotting?
 
'Anyway… Thanks for the information…' Hebe walked away, leaving Jiro at his spot. She was behaving weird. Jiro couldn't pinpoint what's wrong too. There's another thing that Hebe wanted to ask… But she didn't know how so she didn't voice out in the end. Why did Mike say she resembled Aaron's girlfriend? She wanted to ask Jiro if she really does resembles her.
 
---
 
The next day. On the streets.
 
'Iceman! Where are you?!'
 
Sunnie's voice literally screeched through Xiujie's cellphone.
 
'I'm coming.' Xiujie kept his cellphone in his pocket. It's their Peacemakers' meeting later and he was responsible for the drinks. He was just a little late and Sunnie called to rush him. If it was Danson, he will slap him for sure. He didn't know how did he even fall for such a crazy woman. Thank god he didn't confess to her or it'll be so embarrassing!
 
'Xiujie?'
 
Xiujie looked up and saw Selina standing in front of him. He smiled politely.
 
---
 
Peace Cafe.
 
'Stop looking, you looked like you're gonna devour her up.' Danson joked when he saw Sunnie staring at furtherest table from them. Xiujie and Selina were chatting.
 
'Who is she?' Sunnie looked at Selina. Her face seems familiar but she couldn't remember where she met her... Nevertheless, she's really pretty and elegant, unlike her… People would obviously choose the pretty one!
 
Aaron could guess what Sunnie's thinking and he smiled. 'She's married. She won't fight with you for Iceman.'
 
Sunnie paused for a moment, 'Married?'
 
She looked at the two guys. They nodded together. Sunnie heaved a sign of relief.
 
Suddenly, Danson thought of an awesome idea. 'How about I help you confess to Iceman?'
 
Sunnie smacked Danson's head, 'Don't you dare!'
 
'I'm just kidding!' Danson touched his own head.
 
'Eat your food!' Sunnie stuff the plate of cake into Danson's mouth.
 
'Ahhh! Iceman! Help!'
 
Over at the other side, Xiujie could see Sunnie's and Danson's interactions. He frowned immediately. Selina sensed that Xiujie was looking far and she turned her head behind as well. She saw Danson and Sunnie fooling around with food. She chuckled and turned back to Xiujie.
 
'Is she Danson's girlfriend? They are compatible.' Selina commented. Xiujie didn't respond to her question. He just drank his water.
 
'How are things going for you and Jiro?' Xiujie changed the topic.
 
'We're fine… He's nice to me…' Selina forced herself to smile. She didn't seem to be happy at all.
 
'Good to hear that.' Xiujie smiled.
 
'You? Are you… Attached?' It took Selina courage to ask this question… Ever since Serena's death, Aaron and his friends kept a distance away from Jiro. As his wife, she stayed with Jiro through those hard times. She didn't contact any of them. Until recently, their paths crossed again.
 
Xiujie thought about the question for a moment, 'I'm not attached.'
 
Selina felt a glimpse of hope. She knew it was wrong to feel this way but she couldn't help.
 
'I'm not available too.' Xiujie dashed her hopes completely. She thought that she finally had a chance.
 
'You still love my sister?' Selina felt her tears coming. She controlled it.
 
'Does it matter?' Xiujie questioned her. He wished he was wrong but he felt that Selina wasn't over him yet. He hoped that he was just thinking too much.
 
'Yes. I want to know the answer.' Selina looked at Xiujie, she looked at this guy who she loved a lot. But he only had eyes for her sister… When Aaron and Serena got together, Selina thought that her chance came! She confessed to Xiujie but she was rejected. Other than the two of them, no one else knew that Selina actually liked Xiujie.
 
'Selina, I hope you remember that you're someone else's wife now.' Xiujie pointed out bluntly. He stood up and prepared to join his friends.
 
Selina stood up as well, 'Xiujie.'
 
Xiujie paused to hear what Selina wanted to say.
 
'Have you ever liked me before?' It was her last question. If it's yes, she'll forsake everything just to be with him. If it's no, she'll forget about today and go back to being a dutiful wife.
 
Xiujie faced Selina and decided to tell her his true feelings. 'The reason why I'm nice to you, it's because you are Serena's sister. If my actions made you misinterpret anything, I'll apologize to you.'
 
Selina's heart sank. She took a deep breath and stopped her tears. 'Leng Xiu Jie, I hope you remember what you said today. Don't regret.'
 
She dashed out of the cafe.
 
'DT, let's go have a look at Selina and send her home.' Aaron commanded. Danson nodded and the two guys ran out.
 
Sunnie approached Xiujie slowly. 'Ice… Iceman, are you alright?'
 
Xiujie glared at Sunnie. Sunnie felt her hair standing up.
 
'What were you and DT doing?' Xiujie asked coldly, still staring at her.
 
'Huh?!' Sunnie was a little taken aback. That's what they usually do… Is there anything wrong?
 
'I'll get jealous.' Xiujie walked towards the kitchen, leaving Sunnie rooted at her spot.
 
Sunnie was still in the state of shock… Did Xiujie just say he's jealous? Does it mean that he likes her?!
 
---
 
Later that night. Aaron's room.
 
'Ge, your letter.' Wangzi handed Aaron his letter.
 
'Thanks.' Aaron smiled. 
 
Wangzi left the room. Aaron opened up the letter.
 
'Hi Seven!
Like what I mentioned on the previous letter, my boss sent me on a difficult task so I didn't have time to write to you. :(
Due to some reasons, I moved out of my old house too.
So I can't receive any replies from you.
But here's my email! We can chat online instead of writing letters right?
Hope to see you online soon.
 
'April Penguin? What a weird email she has.' Aaron thought to himself and he his computer. April is the one who Serena donated her heart to. At the start, he just want to know more about her. As time passes, he and April could click and so they became pen pals. He felt the serenity whenever he talk to her and he enjoyed their relationship now. He didn't want to change anything. That is why he didn't want to have a meet up. Now that she requested to chat online, it's fine with him too. But the only problem is… He can't use his real email to talk to her, can he? He has to create a new one… What should he call it?
 
---
 
'You have a new notification!'
 
Hebe sat down on her chair as she just finished bathing. She saw a new friend request from [email protected].
 
Seven Panda?!
 
Hebe almost burst out laughing. What kind of weird name is it?! Nevertheless, she accepted the request.
 
Ding!
 
A chat window appeared.
Seven: Why are you april penguin?
April: So why are you seven panda? Do you have seven pandas at home?
Seven: …
Seven: So how are you?
April: All good! Don't worry, I'll protect this heart. :)
Seven: Good to hear that, thank you. :)
 
It was a moment of silence while Hebe was thinking of what else to say…
 
April: Oh right! I went to the cafe you recommended me!
Seven: You did? How was it?
April: The cakes are delicious!
Seven: Glad that you liked it. :)
April: The girl at the counter is really nice and cute!
Seven: Agreed! What about the boss?
April: …
Seven: What's wrong?
April: *sighs* I'm troubled now…
Seven: Why? You can share anything with me. ^0^
April: I think I fell in love with someone that I shouldn't have.
Seven: Oh… It's alright girl, you'll get pass it. :)
April: Thanks 7… Well, I'm going offline! Chat with you next time!
Seven: Goodnight :)
April: Goodnight.
 
Aaron felt happy chatting with her. Other than his buddies, she's really a person who he can confide in…
 
It's been awhile since he met the blur penguin… She seemed so lost the other day. He wondered what happened to her… He wondered if they would have a chance to meet again. He wondered- Wait a minute! Why is he even thinking of her?!