Coincidence

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ice Pub.
 
'What happened between you and Selina?'
 
Xiujie knew that Genie would ask him about it, he didn't intend to hide it as well. 'She likes me.'
 
'I want to know the whole story.' Genie persisted, 'How am I going to help you hide it from the rest if I don't know anything?'
 
Xiujie drank a glass of wine, 'When 007 and Serena got together, Selina confessed to me. I rejected her. That's all.'
 
'Why do I have a feeling that you're not telling me the whole story?' Genie doubted.
 
Xiujie knew that Genie's lawyer instincts would see through him, 'I realized that I do like her but it was too late. She got together with Jiro before I could confess.'
 
'That's all?'
 
He replied, 'That's all you need to know.'
 
Genie pouted, 'Fine then.'
 
At least he stopped Genie from probing. Xiujie then went into his deep sea of thoughts, where everything replayed in his mind…
 
'Thank you for loving me…'
 
It was a private conversation between Xiujie and Serena.
 
'I really wanted to tell you that I love you too. But I can't accept you because I know you fell for my sister.'
 
She accepted Aaron in the end because she knew that Xiujie likes Selina. It was a secret between Xiujie and Serena. He can't imagine what will happen if Aaron finds out the truth…
 
---
 
Few days later. Sunrise Car Garage.
 
Xiujie stopped his motorbike in front of the garage.
 
'Mister, your vehicle looks alright! I don't think it needs repair!'
 
Xiujie smiled upon hearing Sunnie's voice. She was wearing technician's clothes with a spanner on her hand.
 
'I think I need repair.' Xiujie stated.
 
Sunnie chuckled, 'Are you injured? You should find a doctor instead.'
 
'You are my doctor.'
 
Sunnie melted instantly. Who says that Iceman can't humor girls? See what's he doing now!
 
Awhile later, both of them were sitting inside the garage, eating lunch together.
 
'Don't you have to work?' Sunnie asked.
 
'My pub opens at 3.' Xiujie replied.
 
Sunnie scratched her head, 'How did you know that I'm working here? I don't remember telling you guys about it.'
 
'007 told me.' Xiujie answered.
 
Sunnie still felt the warmth in her heart. He may looked nonchalant, but he actually cares about her. Although he has never said the three words to her, but she could feel it deeply.
 
Sunnie tapped Xiujie's shoulder, 'Iceman.'
 
Xiujie looked at her.
 
Sunnie gave a peck on Xiujie's face. Xiujie was stunned on the spot.
 
'I… I'll get back to work!' Sunnie ran towards a car and start to examine it.
 
Xiujie looked at her and smiled.
 
---
 
Aaron's apartment.
 
'So you're the penguin he's been talking about?!'
 
Danson greeted Hebe the moment he stepped into the living room.
 
'You're…?' Hebe looked blankly at Danson. The members of Peacemakers are all here, except for their leader.
 
'We are all Aaron's good friends! I'm Danson.' Danson smiled.
 
'Xiujie.' Xiujie introduced himself. His impression of Hebe wasn't good because he remembered seeing her making friends with Mike. Now that she's living with Aaron, something just doesn't feel right.
 
'I'm Sunnie!' Sunnie smiled at Hebe.
 
Hebe smiled, 'Hi, I'm Hebe!'
 
'Aaron's out doing some stuff, he'll be back soon.' Danson explained.
 
Hebe just nodded.
 
Well, the Peacemakers don't usually visit Aaron's house all at once. They gathered here tonight because Danson heard an exclusive news from Wangzi! So they came to 'show concern' for Aaron's new tenant.
 
'Hebe! Come let's chat!' Sunnie held Hebe's hand and pulled her to the sofa. All of them sat down.
 
'What do you think of Aaron?' Sunnie went straight to the point.
 
'Huh?' Hebe stunned for a moment. 'Oh, there's some fruits in the kitchen! I'll go grab them.'
 
Hebe took the chance and went to the kitchen. Xiujie's gaze followed Hebe's movements.
 
Sunnie looked at Xiujie, 'What are you looking at?'
 
Xiujie shook his head, 'I don't know why, her vibes just reminds me of Serena.'
 
Hebe was startled by Xiujie's comment. She paused her movements.
 
Sunnie pouted, 'Oh…'
 
Xiujie grabbed Sunnie's hand, 'Don't be jealous.'
 
Sunnie smiled and nodded.
 
'Get a room!' Danson did the puking action, 'I'm still around! You guys have to consider my feelings!'
 
'Sorry then!' Sunnie sticked out her tongue and leaned on Xiujie's shoulder. Xiujie wrapped his arm around Sunnie's shoulders.
 
Hebe took a plate of fruits and placed it on the table, 'Here you go!'
 
'Thank you!' They started eating.
 
'By the way, Hebe do you want to come with us tomorrow? Wangzi will be joining us too!' Danson asked.
 
'What's happening tomorrow?' Hebe wondered.
 
'Aaron's participating in the Annual Shooting Competition!' Sunnie replied.
 
'Ohhh!' Hebe knew that he's the Top Sniper of Taiwan but she didn't actually see him in action. 'Sure, count me in!'
 
She smiled. It was fun knowing these people. So they are Aaron's closest friends. She's glad to be able to participate in his life, even as a minor passerby.
 
---
 
Later that night.
 
Chat Window:
Seven: You seemed to be cheerful today, something good happened? ^o^
April: I've straightened my thoughts, I'll stay by his side silently. :)
Seven: Good for you.
April: How about you? How are things going?
Seven: All good. By the way, I'll be attending a shooting competition tomorrow. The prize is $3000 dollars.
April: Is it the one organized by Eagles' Shooting Club?
Seven: Yup!
April: Really? What a coincidence! I'm going for it too!
Seven: You are into shooting as well?
April: No, I'm just going to root for him. He's competing tomorrow. :D
Seven: He's really a blessed man… :)
April: How about this, I'll try to spot you tomorrow!
Seven: Sure, I'll try to find you too.
April: Let's fix a dress code!
Seven: Ok! I'll be wearing dark blue checkered shirt.
April: I will wear a penguin top and pink skirt tomorrow.
Seven: See you there. 
April: See you!
 
Aaron opened his cupboard but he didn't see his checkered shirt. He forgot he sent it to the laundry. He went back to his computer, wanting to inform April the change in his dress code. She wasn't online anymore. Maybe he'll try to spot her instead.
 
---
 
The next morning. Aaron came out of his room with a light green tee.
 
'Morning!' Hebe greeted him as she placed two plates on the table. Aaron stared at her. She was wearing a penguin shirt along with a pink mini skirt…
 
'Ge, hurry up and join us!' Wangzi smiled as he already started eating before Aaron came. Aaron sat on a chair and started eating. It might just be a coincidence…