Realization

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The next day. Win Hotel. Ballroom.
 
Jiro looked around the 'crime scene'. According to Wangzi and Guigui, it was a masked man who brought the model away. Due to the theme yesterday, everyone was masked so it's impossible to know who the culprit actually is. However, the security was tight and no trespassers can get in that easily. As for the model, Xiaogui said that the original model was unconscious in the changing room and someone else took her place without anyone realizing. The Peacemakers made use of different identities to get into this ballroom. The model, the man who seized the model away and lastly, the waiter who he fought at the entrance. Now, it is confirmed that there are at least three people in the Peacemakers. Not forgetting about the bank robbery, there's a sniper. Could one of those three be the sniper?
 
'Jiro-sir.' Wangzi broke Jiro's trail of thoughts as he and Guigui walked towards Jiro.
 
'Have you found anything?' Jiro asked.
 
'The hotel manager said that the waiters and waitresses last night were all temporary workers. He doesn't have their details.' Wangzi reported.
 
'I've checked the guest list, there's no one suspicious.' Guigui handed the guest list to Jiro.
 
Xiaogui walked towards Jiro and reported, 'Jiro-sir, I've checked with the models. All of them were temporary hired for the week so they don't know each other. They said they didn't notice there was anything amiss with the last model. They don't know how she looked like too, nor where she came from.'
 
'So we have no clue at all?' Jiro sighed.
 
---
 
A few days later. Eagles' Shooting Club.
 
Bang!
 
Bang!
 
Bang!
 
Aaron stood at the firing point as he looked at his aiming picture. He cleared the round with perfect score as usual. He unloaded the remaining bullets and dismantled the gun. 
 
After awhile, he was reading the newspaper at the cafeteria, along with Danson.
 
'007, the annual shooting competition is coming up, you sure you don't want to sign up for it?' Danson asked.
 
'Not interested.' Aaron was reading his newspaper leisurely.
 
'But the grand prize is 3000 dollars!' Danson made it sound like they were in lack of money. Aaron rolled his eyes, they are earning like 6 digit figure every month! Who cares about 3000?! Aaron guessed that Danson had some ulterior motive but he doesn't want to care about it. Danson continued scrolling down his cellphone, perhaps he should sign up for Aaron! Aaron won't have any means to escape!
 
Aaron knew what Danson is plotting, 'Don't ever think about it. Even you sign up for me, I won't appear.'
 
'007! How could you do this to me?! We've been friends for years!' Danson decided to use his last resort! Aaron's heart will soften for sure!
 
'Why do you want me to go for it all of a sudden?' Aaron asked.
 
Danson smiled devilishly, 'The first prize includes My Happy Town limited edition!'
 
Aaron almost fell off the chair, 'Haven't I been paying you?! Can't you buy that game yourself?!'
 
Seriously this Danson Tang… Just for a computer game…
 
'It's a limited edition! No money can buy it!' Danson retorted.
 
'Then you win it yourself! It's not like you can't shoot!' Aaron regretted immediately once his words are out… He saw Danson's face changed.
 
'D… DT, I didn't mean to-'
 
'It's okay.' Danson cut off Aaron's words and put up a smile. It made Aaron felt guilty.
 
'So, you're gonna win this competition okay?! I'm signing up for you!' Danson announced proudly.
 
Aaron nodded reluctantly, he had no choice but to agree.
 
'Oh right, I'll go tie up the loose ends for yesterday's mission.'
 
Aaron nodded. Danson stood up and walked away. Yesterday they successfully saved a kid from the kidnappers and snatched the ransom away. As usual, they only took part of the ransom and returned the rest of the money to the kid's family. Xiujie always does a clean job so there isn't anything to tidy up. Aaron knew that Danson was just finding an excuse to be alone… 
 
Aaron stood up and prepared to leave.
 
'Aaron?'
 
Aaron turned back, he saw Jiro standing at the entrance. Aaron didn't acknowledge Jiro's presence. He walked past Jiro without looking at him. Jiro clenched his fists, he walked briskly towards Aaron and stood in front of him. Aaron glared at him.
 
Hebe looked at her watch as she approached the entrance. Thank god she's on time or Jiro-sir will kill her!
 
'She won't want to see you like this.'
 
Hebe seemed to hear Jiro, she looked up and saw the two guys blocking the entrance. She looked at the person Jiro was talking to. Isn't that the Rude Panda?! He and Jiro-sir knew each other? She hid behind the wall and peeked.
 
'You have no right to mention her.' Aaron was clearly displeased. Hebe looked at him, he's different from usual…
 
'One day, I'll nab her killer and repay her with justice. When the day comes, I hope you'll forgive me.' Jiro said with determined eyes.
 
Aaron sneered, 'I don't believe in justice.'
 
Aaron walked away, leaving Jiro standing at his spot. Hebe quickly turned, in case Aaron spotted her. After Aaron's nowhere at sight, Hebe heaved a sign of relief and walked towards Jiro. Jiro nodded and walked into the place. Hebe waited for a moment before she walked in as well.
 
---
 
Graveyard.
 
Danson placed a bouquet of flowers on the grave. The photo on the grave was a young girl in her 20s. Three years ago, Danson was working in the Criminal Intelligence Bureau(CIB) and his computer skills has helped to solve many cases. He met Genie during his course of duty as an undercover and they both fell for each other. At that time, he was just a hooligan but Genie still chose to hang out with him… He wanted to ask her out officially when his mission is over. He wanted to regain his police identity before he give her any promises. But Heaven made a prank on both of them…
 
'What are you doing here?' Genie's voice snapped Danson out of his thoughts. He looked at her without knowing what to say. Genie walked towards the grave and picked up the flowers.
 
'Geni-'
 
Genie threw the bouquet far away. 'You can leave now.'
 
Danson's heart ached as he closed his eyes. He don't blame her… He deserved it. He walked away. Genie squatted down and broke into tears. Danson clenched his fists. He knew that she was crying… He knew… Yet he couldn't comfort her.
 
He's pathetic.
 
---
 
Eagles' Shooting Club.
 
Bang!
 
Jiro loosened his grip on the piston. He recalled how he and Aaron always come here in the past… He sighed.
 
'Jiro-sir! You're good!' Hebe complemented as she looked at Jiro's score.
 
'Thank you…' Jiro was listless.
 
'Well, I've checked on the Dark Series… It is manufactured by a different factory, not from Soar High's usual factories. I couldn't find much details on the factory though.' Hebe reported.
 
Jiro nodded, 'At least now we know there is something wrong with the Dark Series indeed.'
 
Jiro thought about the fashion show again, 'Hebe, besides the models and guests, who can have access to the ballroom on that night?'
 
Hebe thought about the question for awhile, 'Soar High employees and the hotel staff.'
 
'I fought with a waiter that night.' Jiro pointed out, he suspected that the waiter is not a simple character.
 
A waiter? Hebe thought to herself as she recalled Mike He having a squabble with a waiter as well. It might as well be the same person. Oh right, Rude Panda was a waiter that night too! It's really a coincidence! Speaking of which, should she ask Jiro what happened between him and the Rude Panda…?
 
'Jiro-sir, can I ask you an irrelevant question?' Hebe's curiosity is killing her.
 
Jiro nodded.
 
'Who's the guy with you at the entrance? Do you two know each other?' Finally, she's going to find out!
 
'You saw us?' Jiro questioned Hebe instead.
 
'I… I didn't mean to-' Hebe began to panic.
 
Jiro breathed out a smile, 'Just kidding. You don't know him? He's famous in our line.'
 
Hebe was bewildered, she is supposed to know who he is?
 
Jiro laughed a little, 'He used to be a friend of mine. He's Aaron Yan.'
 
'Ohhhhhhh!'
 
Hebe finally had a answer. She blinked her eyes a few times. Wait a minute, what did Jiro-sir just said?! Did she hear wrongly?! She stared at Jiro.
 
'He's the Top Sniper of Taiwan, Aaron Yan?!'