Cold War

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Jiro"s apartment.
 
Selina placed her house keys on the dining table.
 
"I'll be moving to my brother"s house." Selina stated.
 
"Suit yourself." Jiro stared at the television.
 
Selina dragged her luggage out of the apartment. Jiro then looked down. Her heart was never with him, so why should he stop her from leaving?
 
---
 
Few days later. Aaron"s apartment.
 
Aaron and Wangzi were eating breakfast together. They are back to takeaway food when Hebe's not around.
 
Aaron hesitated, "Wangzi, are you disappointed with me?"
 
Wangzi paused for a moment before answering, "I'll be lying if I said I'm not."
 
Aaron was right… His brother is a cop, how can he accept a crook as his brother?
 
Aaron assured, "I'll stop after I save Hebe from Mike… That's my promise to you."
 
Wangzi just looked down, without saying anything… 
 
It was the first time the brothers were having a cold war.
 
---
 
Ice Pub. VIP room.
 
"What?! You are giving up Speedy because of that bimbo?!"
 
Danson received a smack from Genie, "Be serious!"
 
"I"m serious!" Danson then turned to look at Xiujie, "If you get together with Selina, she'll eat you up!"
 
"She's the one for me." Xiujie looked away, "She doesn't like me hanging out with you guys. So this is the last time."
 
"You really love Selina?" Aaron asked. He doubted Xiujie's telling them the truth. That night before the 'Tears' exhibition, Aaron consulted him on love. Aaron heard Xiujie's heartfelt words about Sunnie and he could tell that Xiujie really love Sunnie. Now that he's acting this way, there is definitely something amiss.
 
"Of course I love her."
 
"Iceman! So you're choosing her over us?" Danson was fuming.
 
Xiujie didn't look at them, he chose to face them with his back.
 
"If you really choose Selina, what would happen to Speedy?" Genie looked at Xiujie's back, hoping that this cousin of hers would turn back and look at them.
 
"I'll attend to other customers, call Xiaoyu if you guys need more beer." Xiujie walked out of the room.
 
"What's the matter with him?!" Danson don't believe that Xiujie will suddenly get together with Selina out of the blue. There must be a reason behind it.
 
"If he doesn't want to say anything, there's no point forcing him." Aaron commented.
 
"I know my own cousin best." Genie pointed out, "That night when Selina came to pester him, he pushed her away and declared that he only love Speedy."
 
"He must have his own reasons then." Aaron thought about it for a moment. That day when Danson saved Genie, Xiujie went to Sunshine Beach. And not long after that, Mike He told him that the game was postponed. Are all these linked?
 
"But… He even drove us away." Danson looked down.
 
Genie placed her hand with Danson's, "We'll find out the truth one day."
 
Danson smiled and nodded.
 
Aaron felt a cold shiver down his spines. He has became a lightbulb. He need to leave this room now!
 
---
 
Hes' Mansion.
 
Sunnie is watching the television. Mike doesn't let her leave the house and her cellphone is confiscated as well. She has no means of contacting anyone. Well, she could escape easily if she wants. She's one of the Peacemakers too! How could anyone possibly trap her in a big mansion? But she's staying here… She has a task.
 
"Just help me bring it to my room."
 
Sunnie turned back and saw Xiujie with Selina. She stood up to make her presence known.
 
"Ice..."
 
Xiujie stole a glance of her and looked back to Selina, "I'll bring your luggage up."
 
Xiujie took Selina's luggage and went up the stairs. Sunnie just stared blankly at Xiujie's back. 
 
"I forgot to tell you, Xiujie's my boyfriend now." Selina gloated.
 
"Wh-what?" Sunnie didn't believe what Selina just said.
 
"I placed your stuff at the hallway, I didn't know which room is yours." Xiujie said as he walked down the hallway.
 
"Thanks Dear!" Selina gave a peck on Xiujie's cheeks, "Give me 15 minutes."
 
Selina walked up the stairs, leaving Xiujie and Sunnie alone. In fact, she wanted to test his sincerity. She was hiding at a corner, listening to their conversation. Xiujie obviously knew it was one of Selina's tricks.
 
He walked past Sunnie without looking at her. Sunnie turned and stared at his back, "Iceman…"
 
Xiujie stopped at his tracks.
 
"You really got together with her?" Sunnie cried.
 
Xiujie didn't say anything, he walked towards the door.
 
Sunnie grabbed his shoulder, "I need an answer."
 
Xiujie took a deep breath. He turned around and faced her, "I love her."
 
Selina smiled upon hearing it and she walked away. Xiujie knew that she's not looking anymore.
 
Sunnie looked down, "Indeed, Iceman won't like tomboys like me… She's so much prettier than me… So much better than me…"
 
Sunnie continued, "I even… Even foolishly thought that you were that one who saved me when I'm drowning…"
 
Xiujie just remained silent.
 
Sunnie wept, "I guess I was wrong then… You must be quite disappointed that she didn't manage to kill me right?"
 
Sunnie looked at Xiujie, he still has the same old face without any expression. She shook her head and ran up the stairs.
 
Xiujie's eyes then followed her movements.
 
Bang!
 
It was the sound of her banging the room door. Xiujie just hoped that Sunnie can get what he's trying to say… He felt that saying 'I love you' is meaningless and actions speak louder than words. That is the reason why he could say 'I love you' to Selina but he didn't even say it once to Sunnie when they were together. And now, he's doing all these things to protect her… He hoped that one day, she could understand his intentions.
 
At this moment, he felt a hug from behind.
 
"Xiujie, what shall we eat for lunch?" Selina smiled.
 
"Your brother wants you to deal with Hebe."
 
Selina pouted, "Let's have lunch after we settle her."
 
Xiujie nodded.
 
---
 
Pier.
 
"Still no news of Hebe?" Aaron asked.
 
Jiro just shook his head.
 
Aaron looked down.
 
"Don't worry, she'll be fine." Jiro assured.
 
Ding!
 
Aaron's cellphone rang which caught Jiro's attention as well.
 
Message:
Round Two begins.
 
---
 
Police Station.
 
Wangzi was sitting alone at the pantry. He was thinking about the conversation with his brother. 
 
"A penny for your thoughts?"
 
Guigui smiled at him and sat next to him.
 
"Guigui." Wangzi smiled back.
 
"What is troubling you? You can tell me." Guigui volunteered to lend Wangzi a listening ear.
 
"It's about my brother…" Wangzi started, "I still can't believe that the role model who I looked up to is actually a… A crook."
 
Guigui seemed to understand Wangzi's troubles, "Have you talk to him about it?"
 
"He told me that he'll quit after saving Hebe-jie."
 
"He's willing to quit, it shows that he's not as bad isn't it?" Guigui comforted.
 
"I don't know…" Wangzi stood up, "He's always the perfect role model in my heart. He always get good grades when we're in school. In the police force, he's in the elite team. He's the top sniper of Taiwan. Winning shooting competitions seemed to be an easy feat to him. Even if he became a cafe owner, his cakes are the best too. He excel in everything he does. To me, he's like a goal. He's my motivation. I want to surpass him. But now…"
 
"No one is perfect." Guigui patted on Wangzi's shoulder, "Your brother is a human. He has feelings too. If you were him, can you guarantee that you won't choose the same path as he did?"
 
Wangzi kept silent.
 
Guigui smiled.
 
"Wangzi! Guigui! Jiro-sir wants us to set off now!" Xiaogui ran into the pantry.
 
Wangzi and Guigui looked at each other.
 
What happened?