Role Model

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ice Pub. VIP room.
 
Sunnie was sound asleep on the couch.
 
Xiujie covered her with his jacket.
 
'Aww… That's so sweet~'
 
Xiujie glared at Danson, 'I can grant your death wish now.'
 
Danson immediately placed a finger on his mouth.
 
'Iceman, let's go out for a chat.' Aaron told Xiujie.
 
'Wait a minute! What about the Dark Series?' Danson pointed out an important issue.
 
Xiujie grinned at Danson, 'You pass it to Genie.'
 
'…'
 
Danson was speechless. He should have known better to offend the 'Iceman'. Now he landed himself in a big trouble!
 
'Iceman! You can't do this to me!' Danson pleaded.
 
'Good luck.' Xiujie walked out of the room.
 
'Iceman!' Danson cried.
 
Aaron patted on Danson's shoulder, 'Retribution.'
 
Aaron walked out of the room.
 
Enough of being dramatic, Danson gave out a long sigh. He stared at the Dark Series which was on the table. Those two rascals deliberately sent him on a difficult task…
 
---
 
Queens' Pier.
 
Aaron and Xiujie stared at the sea.
 
'You do know what I wanted to talk about, right?' Aaron asked.
 
'I can guess.' Xiujie gave out a weak smile.
 
They recalled what happened during the previous meeting. When Aaron announced about Sunnie sneaking into the fashion show, Xiujie's reaction was unexpectedly big. He didn't want Sunnie to take the risk. He told them that she's too reckless to handle it. Sunnie, being agitated by what Xiujie said about her, became more determined to take up the challenge. She couldn't tell that Xiujie was worried and thought that he was just belittling her. However, the two guys saw through his emotions. After the meeting, the three guys had a men's talk. Xiujie didn't admit to liking Sunnie, but he didn't deny as well. Hence, Danson came up with the conclusion that Xiujie likes Sunnie! Since then, Danson has been making fun of Xiujie whenever there's a chance. Even if Xiujie appeared to be irritated by Danson, he didn't mind much since Danson knows when to stop.
 
Xiujie didn't need to hide anything from Aaron. Xiujie likes Serena a lot, it's a fact. Ever since she's with Aaron, he chose to keep her at the bottom of his heart. When she passed away, Xiujie's heart died along with her… As for that crazy woman, he didn't expect her to enter his world, and even make her way to his heart. The feelings are slowly building up as time passes. He will protect the crazy woman at all costs… Because not having to save Serena was a regret of his life too.
 
'I'm glad that you found someone you like.' Aaron said.
 
'007, if you're willing to let go, you'll be able to find your own happiness too.' Xiujie said. Besides Danson, Xiujie's the one that understand Aaron the most. He knows that Aaron refused to let go.
 
'If you're happy, she will be happy for you too.' Xiujie added on. He's the only one that dared to talk about her in front of Aaron. If it was Danson, Aaron would slaughter him a million times.
 
As usual, Aaron chose to avoid the topic. 'Do you want to know how I picked Speedy to join us?'
 
Indeed, it was a good way to divert Xiujie's attention. He didn't know about Sunnie's past. If Aaron's willing to share, he'll gladly listen.
 
---
 
At a rooftop.
 
'Jiro-sir.'
 
Hebe walked towards Jiro and stood next to him.
 
'Have you heard of the Peacemakers?' Jiro asked.
 
'What?' Hebe was baffled, she didn't heard of this term before. But well, it doesn't hurt to make a wild guess.
 
Hebe speculated, 'They are the culprits who stole the Dark Series?'
 
Jiro nodded, 'The Peacemakers only took the Dark Series this time but not the others… There's definitely a problem with the Dark Series.'
 
'Do you want me to check it up?' Hebe asked.
 
'Do it carefully. Safety always come first. And other thing is…' Jiro paused for a moment, 'Be careful of the Peacemakers.'
 
---
 
Danson stood outside an apartment. He stared hardly at the door. He raised his hand but paused. He didn't dare to knock on the door. It was actually 1am on his watch, should he go home now and come again tomorrow? He sighed. He is a coward when it comes to Genie… Oh well, he was the one who ruined their relationship, who can he blame except himself?
 
The door opened.
 
Danson's heart skipped a beat when Genie appeared in front of him. 'Er… Hi!'
 
Danson smiled nervously.
 
'What are you doing outside my door?' Genie doesn't seem to be happy.
 
Danson looked at her attire, 'Where are you going at this hour?'
 
'Supper.' Genie didn't want to continue the conversation.
 
Danson sensed her hostility and handed her his haversack, 'Here's the stuff… Take care, I'll be going.'
 
He walked towards the lift, without realizing that Genie was looking at his back…
 
---
 
Aaron's apartment.
 
'Ge, you're home.'
 
Wangzi greeted his brother as usual as Aaron shut the door behind him. Aaron looked at his watch which read '2:38am'.
 
'You're still awake?' Aaron asked.
 
'Yeah, I was just about to sleep…' Wangzi replied Aaron and hesitated. He was actually waiting for Aaron to come home. Aaron sat next to Wangzi on the sofa.
 
'Ge, today's Sunnie's birthday?'
 
'Yup, we celebrated it at Xiujie's pub.'
 
'Are Xiujie-ge and Sunnie together?' Wangzi asked.
 
Aaron smiled, 'When did you become interested with my friends?'
 
Wangzi laughed it off, 'Danson-ge was the one who gossiped to me all the time!'
 
Wangzi and Danson are game mates, they would play DOTA together once in awhile and chat online about anything in the world.
 
'That Danson…' Aaron shook his head, 'He's been that gossipy ever since Genie left him.'
 
Wangzi nodded in agreement.
 
'Well… I'm dead tired. I'll go back to my room.' Aaron stood up.
 
'Goodnight Ge.' Wangzi smiled.
 
Aaron nodded and walked towards his room.
 
Wangzi's facial expression changed. He didn't manage to get an answer from Aaron… The couple he saw earlier on at the alley resembles Xiujie and Sunnie. The only reason that he stopped Mike's men from going into the alley was because he was afraid… He was afraid that if the two persons were really Xiujie and Sunnie, what will happen? He didn't want to read more into it. Sometimes, when we are getting closer to the truth, we'll choose to escape from it. Because being ignorant is a form of bliss. Wangzi sighed.
 
When Aaron was back to his room, he recalled what Xiujie told him earlier on. Xiujie told him that Wangzi might have spotted them. Now that Wangzi asked about Xiujie and Sunnie has confirmed Xiujie's worry. Aaron's face turned stern. Wangzi's his one and only kin. He don't want to hurt him. But what happens if Wangzi find out his role model was actually the leader of Peacemakers? Can he accept it?