Tears

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ice Pub.
 
Aaron sat down at the bar counter, 'I need help…'
 
Xiujie looked at his watch, 'At 4am?'
 
'I knew you'll be awake.' Aaron pointed out. Since Ice Pub operates from 3pm-3am, Xiujie's definitely awake.
 
'You came to find me at this time of the day, it should be something serious.' Xiujie asked.
 
Aaron sighed, 'Iceman, how do you know if you like a person?'
 
Xiujie looked at Aaron, is he possessed or something? He came to him at 4am to ask this question?!
 
'I'm serious.' Aaron replied.
 
Xiujie decided to share with Aaron his experience with Sunnie, 'I didn't realize I like that crazy woman, until you guys made her go on a mission. I was genuinely worried for her. I have the urge to protect her… Also, I was jealous of DT sometimes… She seemed to be happy when she's with him. Even if I knew that DT only have eyes for Genie, I can't help feeling that way…'
 
'What about Serena?' Aaron asked.
 
Xiujie smiled, 'Serena is always in my heart… I kept her at the bottom of my heart while Speedy occupied my whole heart.'
 
Aaron sighed, 'I might have feelings for someone else... But recently whenever I see her, she'll remind me of Serena…'
 
Xiujie seemed to read Aaron's mind, 'You're afraid that your feelings for her isn't real?'
 
Aaron nodded, 'I don't want to hurt her.'
 
'You're worrying too much.' Xiujie stated. He then continued, '007, maybe you didn't notice but you no longer have the feeling of despair when you mentioned Serena's name.'
 
'Really?' Aaron didn't realize until Xiujie pointed it out.
 
'I'm going to catch some sleep, we have a mission tonight.' Xiujie walked away, leaving Aaron alone.
 
Aaron was still trying to figure out his heart.
 
---
 
The next morning.
 
Aaron woke up with an irritated throat. He held his head and started coughing. He then walked to the dining table and he saw a plate of eggs and bacons.
 
'You're awake? Here's your breakfast.' Hebe smiled at him.
 
Aaron looked at Hebe. She can cook?
 
'Don't worry, I won't poison your food. I'm off to work!' Hebe walked out of the apartment, leaving Aaron staring at the food. It looked appetizing. It had been a while since he had home-cooked meal. He smiled.
 
---
 
Soar High Company. Mike's office.
 
'Hebe, There's an art exhibition tonight. I want you to come with me.' Mike placed his hand on Hebe's.
 
Hebe wondered, 'Exhibition?'
 
Mike nodded, 'It's an invitation from the government.'
 
Hebe smiled, 'You don't looked like someone who likes art.'
 
'I don't have a choice. It's all part of socializing.'
 
'I'll go with you then.' Hebe reassured him.
 
'Thanks dear! How's the task going?' Mike suddenly became stern.
 
'You meant… Aaron Yan?' Hebe guessed.
 
Mike nodded, 'I deliberately did something to your old flat.'
 
Hebe was shocked.
 
'I didn't expect for things to go so smoothly though. I heard that the brothers are looking for a tenant. But I didn't expect you to meet Wangzi.' Mike explained.
 
Hebe was at loss for words, she didn't know what to say.
 
'Hebe, it's all for the sake of our future.' Mike stated.
 
'I will try my best.' Hebe gave a vague answer and put up a smile.
 
'Hope to hear good news from you soon.' Mike seemed to be warning Hebe. Hebe just nodded.
 
---
 
Prison. Exit.
 
Mike was standing beside his car.
 
A lady walked towards him. Mike looked at her and smirked. 'Welcome back, my dear cousin.'
 
She looked at Mike, 'I have some business to settle.' 
 
'You can't wait to get in again?' Mike was referring to the prison.
 
The lady laughed, 'I can't wait to avenge your parents!'
 
Mike smiled.
 
---
 
Queens' Museum. Later that night.
 
'Why are we here tonight?' Selina asked.
 
'I know that you liked paintings… There's a new batch of paintings imported from Italy. The museum only let the public come in for three days before the paintings are packed and sent back to Italy.' Jiro explained. Selina nodded and smiled at Jiro. He's really nice to her.
 
Xiujie spotted the couple. He was wearing a cleaner's shirt in fact. He turned back and walked away with the cleaner's trolley. '007, we might have a problem.'
 
Over at the van, Danson was eating his snacks with Aaron sitting beside him. Sunnie took the driver's seat.
 
'Jiro is here.'
 
Aaron frowned as he heard Xiujie's voice over the earpiece. Aaron coughed a little.
 
'Shall we abort today's mission?' Sunnie was worried for Xiujie.
 
'But this is the last night to steal 'Tears', it would be sent back to Italy tomorrow.' Danson pointed out.
 
'I'll go into the museum, don't make a move without my orders.'  Aaron instructed.
 
'But 007, are you sure you're alright?' Danson asked. Aaron's been coughing a lot today. He doesn't look good too.
 
'I'll be fine.' Aaron got off the van. He walked towards the entrance.
 
'Aaron?' Hebe thought to herself as she got off Mike's car. She saw Aaron going into the museum.
 
'Hebe, is there anything wrong?' Mike asked as he stood next to her.
 
She can't let them meet! 
 
'Mr He, I suddenly feel unwell…' Hebe feigned giddiness as she fell into Mike's arms.
 
'How about this, I get my chauffeur to send you home and he'll come here to pick me later.' Mike opened the car door for Hebe to enter.
 
Hebe grabbed his hand, 'Don't leave me alone…'
 
'Alright then…'
 
Mike got onto the car with Hebe. They drove off. That was a close shave…
 
Back to the museum, Aaron stood a distance away from Xiujie.
 
'Everything will go as planned. Iceman, you just do your job. I'll deal with Jiro.' Aaron spoke over his earpiece.
 
'Got it.' Xiujie replied.
 
'Okay, I already hacked into the system.' Danson told them over his earpiece.
 
Xiujie placed road signs at the hall, preventing people from getting close to Tears. He then start mopping the floor.
 
'This area is blocked, let's look at other paintings.' Jiro told Selina as they saw the signs. Selina nodded and saw Xiujie. Xiujie instinctively looked away, in fear that Selina will recognize him.
 
'Is there anything wrong?' Jiro asked. Selina just smiled and shook her head. Both of them walked away. Maybe she think too much.
 
'007, Jiro is coming over to your side.' Xiujie spoke.
 
'Got it…' Aaron coughed a little.
 
'DT, ready?' Aaron asked.
 
'Anytime.' Danson stared at his laptop.
 
'Action.'
 
Danson pressed 'Enter' and the whole museum lights went off.
 
The security guards stayed to appease the crowd, while some went to check the power circuit.
 
Selina clutched Jiro's arm.
 
'Don't worry Selina, it's alright. I'll go check things out.' Jiro assured her and she nodded.
 
Jiro immediately thought of the cleaner. Now that he think about it, why would the cleaners be around during the exhibition? Jiro decided to check the area. A figure appeared in front of him and blocked his way. Jiro looked at the person's face. He's wearing a cap and a clinical mask. He tried to control himself from coughing.
 
He began to attack Jiro. Jiro dodged swiftly.
 
'007, I'm done.'
 
Aaron heard Xiujie and he pushed Jiro away. Jiro held the wall for support. 
 
Aaron coughed.
 
Aaron? Jiro suddenly felt that the person's voice resembles Aaron's.
 
Aaron ran out of the museum. Jiro wanted to pursue him.
 
The lights came back.
 
'Jiro!' Selina walked towards him, 'Are you alright?'
 
Jiro realized that the man was gone. He shook his head, 'Let's go look at the other paintings.'
 
Selina nodded. Jiro brought her to where 'Tears' is. He looked around the area. The trolley is still around but the cleaner is gone. He looked at the painting, it's still intact…