The Kiss

Delinquenteens

 

It has been a few days since that explanation morning I got from Seungcheol. My relationship with the Seventeen boys are back to normal that we’re talking and joking to each other with no more awkwardness in between. Though, not everyone actually..

You see, I haven’t said a word to Soonyoung yet since that ‘kissing’ event on that damn alley. Don’t talk about having any conversation with him, just to stare at him or meet eyes with him already make me blush and do random stupid and stuffs. I would do weird things and all if I caught him staring at me and.. Urgh, damn this feelings!

I still have these butterflies in my stomach every time I think about him. Okay, call it an embarrassment or anything, but he was my first kiss.

I know, I know. How nerd-er can a girl be to get her first kiss on the age of 16?!

Yeah well, unfortunately, I can.

Well I wouldn’t say I’m regretting it in this point. I mean, I’m actually planning to share it with someone that I’m sure I wouldn’t regret it later on, and I think Soonyoung wouldn’t fail me in the future. I mean, if he doesn’t want Seungcheol to cut every fiber in his body, then he better not fail me.

So I was walking to my locker with the folders and insanely thick books on my hands, and suddenly someone came out of nowhere and bumped into me, making me drop all of the things I was hugging to my chest, “Oh my God, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking”

“It’s okay” he said as he squat down to help me pick up the things “You should loosen yourself with the books and all, you know. You’ll hurt your hands, babe

I popped my eyes as I heard his last word and when I look up, I literally backed off as Soonyoung smiled at me genuinely.

I quickly pick up the papers and stood up, making him to stare at me with confused face. I bowed at him awkwardly like he’s just a senior that I have no idea who he is and quickly leave the spot. Again with this heart racing game, gaah!

***

-   No one’s POV    -

Soonyoung walks to his locker with a raised eyebrow and keep on thinking on the accident that had just happened to him. Did he do anything wrong? Did he do any mistakes? What has gotten into her?

“Are you alright, bro?” Jisoo asked as Soonyoung opened his locker. He was looking really devastated and the older boy can’t help but to make sure that his saeng is okay. Like Seungcheol always said, Seventeen always takes care of each other.

“Yeah, I’m fine” he lied and take some books out of his locker “Um, hyung.. Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah, sure”

“What do you do when someone gives you this kind of silent treatment when you have no idea what did you do wrong?”

Jisoo raised an eyebrow, “Well you ask out what you did wrong, of course. You ask, and when they give you the answer, you fix it and try to be a better person than before. Simple as that”

“Yeah, but I don’t think I did anything wrong in this situation. In fact, I actually did something very good! I have no idea where did I go wrong and anything, but she just keep on giving me this silent treatment and all” Soonyoung said as he closed his locker and messed his hair “But even if I try to ask her about her problem, I don’t think she would answer it. I mean, it’s freaking hard to get some time with her and the best we could get after these 2 weeks were just glance at each other. How am I supposed to ask her the problem, then? Telepath?!”

“Woah woah, you do know that we’re talking about girls here and if Seungcheol knows you’re talking about other girl than ___.. Dude, he would turn you into a dumpling soup!”

“What are you talking about? I’m obviously talking about her, right now. Who else am I suppose to be talking about?”

“Wait, ___ still gives you her silent treatment? How come? I thought her silent treatment has been off for like a week ago” Jisoo said “I mean, to the other boys, yeah it has been a week”

“A week?!”

“Yeah, I’ve been talking to her since that day when I got PE class with her and if it isn’t mistaken, it’s about a week ago” Jisoo said, making Soonyoung to be in a complete shock. Is he the one receiving her silent treatment now?! “I thought she’s not mad at us anymore. She even invited us to come to her house this weekend since we haven’t hanged around with her for quite some time, don’t you know?”

Soonyoung eagerly shook his head and the look on his face was still priceless. She had been talking to the rest of the boys but she’s still avoiding him? Why’s that?!

Oh no, wait.. Was it because of the kiss?

Soonyoung became pale at the thought and he would never forgive himself if that reason was true. All he wanted was to show her that he loves her, not to freak her out till he got this kind of silent treatment!

“But how can you guys get forgiven firstly than I am?! I mean, I’m her freaking boyfriend!”

Jisoo chuckled, “It doesn’t matter if you’re her boyfriend or not. Couple weeks ago, you’re as guilty as we are and she didn’t see you as her boyfriend, did she? So I think that this silent treatment she’s giving is not because of her finding out who we really are. I think it’s more of your personal problem with her”

“B-But we don’t have any problem!” he shouted as Jisoo begin walking out of the spot, leaving Soonyoung to look dumbfounded as he think about it more.

Or do we really have any problem?

***

-   ___’s POV     -

I was lying lifelessly on the couch as I wait for Seungcheol to come home. It was night already and we just realize that we’re running out of food that we have nothing else to cook, not even an instant ramen. So I told, no scratch that, ordered him to buy me some food on the stall by the end of the alley. There’s usually some food stands there that sell some sea food and all, so I hope my hunger could be saved by it.

I stare at the TV blankly as my stomach began to growls even louder. I was really hungry since I didn’t have time to eat my lunch (too busy having butterflies in the stomach because of me-bumping-to-Soonyoung incident this morning) and now I’m feeling so starving that I could eat an entire cow without even having to cook it first!

I rolled my hair with a pencil and impatiently wait for Seungcheol to come with some bags of food. What takes him so long?!

Soon enough, there were some noises from the front door and judging it to be Seungcheol, I quickly jump from the couch and yelled, “About time! I’m freaking hungry and-..”

“H-Hey” he said with an unsure smile “Sorry I didn’t bring any food with me..”

Oh my God.

It’s not Seungcheol.

It’s Soonyoung!

“H-Hey, have a seat” I said as I awkwardly pointed at the couch. He didn’t move an inch though. Instead, he stares at me with blank eyes and as I followed his eyes, he was eyeing my thighs!

The pajama I was wearing now was some long sleeves shirt and some shorts. A very short shorts that it shows more than half of my thighs. I popped my eyes at the realization and quickly run to my room to change into something better wearing. Oh God, this is so embarrassing!

Done with changing into some baggy long pants, I get out of my room and showed an awkward smile as he stared at me with uncomfortable look. Seungcheol hasn’t got home, I see. Urgh, more time to wait, more starve to feel!

“Seungcheol’s not here, if you were looking” I said as I sit on the couch next to him. I could feel my cheek burning at his gaze and I swear, I so hate myself now!

“Yeah, I wasn’t looking for him, actually” he said“Do you always wear that kind of pants at home? I mean, what if someone barged in and sees you in that..”

“Isn’t that what you’re doing right now?” I said with a raised eyebrow. His ears got even more red and he looked away. “What do you want?”

Shoot, that was harsh..

“Well um.. I wanted to just talk to you but.. I think you’re not in a good mood, so..”

He was about to leave but I tried to take his hand which was shamefully failed that I ended up gripping his leather jacket, “No, spill”

“Oh um.. Okay” he stare at me and I waited for about a few seconds but he still didn’t speak up. I raised an eyebrow at him and he finally cleared his throat. “Oh um.. Right. I want to talk with you”

“I know. What I don’t know is, what you want to talk about”

“Oh right.. Um.. God, why does it become so bad to talk to you, right now” he mumbled. He cleared his throat once more and played with his fingers “How have you been?”

I raised an eyebrow, “I’ve been fine, you?”

“Same here”

Awkward..

I stare around the room at the awkward atmosphere since none of us make any more noise. We just stopped in that part of conversation without any useful endings until he breaks the silence, “Are you mad at me?”

“No, why?”

“Because you still give me that silent treatment when the other boys are done with it”

“O-Oh..No, I’m not mad at you”

“Oh, good then”

Another awkward moment..

The time was ticking and I have no idea how loud it feels right now. It’s like the clock on the table had been plugged into some kind of mega bass speaker that I could feel it striking down to my spine.

Okay, exaggerating much.

I puffed my cheeks and rolled my eyes. Come on Soonyoung, say something!I shouted mentally as I pout a little. He might be a gentleman, but he should really learn that I’m the kind of girl who needs a little push before spilling everything out.

“I can’t take it anymore” he said as he spun my body to face him. I was shocked, of course, but his small eyes were locked into mine that I can’t yanked his hands away or simple looked away. “Why’re you doing this to me?”

“Doing what?”

“This!” he said “You’re ignoring me. You don’t reply to my texts anymore. You don’t call me. You don’t even talk to me lately and you keep on avoiding me like you have some problems with me. What’s wrong? Tell me”

“Nothing’s wrong” I said as I finally put his hands away.

“Come on, that’s the lamest lie you can ever come up with, ___” he said as he unamusedly chuckled “Why haven’t you talk at me when you’re done with your madness to the other boys? Why didn’t you answer my calls and reply my texts? Why are you doing this to me? I deserve my explanations, ___-ah”

“Oh that..” now I’m the one who’s losing words. Geez.. “Well, we’re talking now, right?”

“Yeah, but that’s not the kind of talking I was taking about. Are you sure you’re not mad at me? Did I do anything wrong?”

No you didn’t. You did something so right that I felt embarrassed to say that it’s right!

“If I’ve done anything wrong, I’m really sorry. Whatever it is, I just want to say that.. I can’t bear to be ignored by you and thinking on the worst idea that I don’t even want to mention it.. It already gives me goosebumps and I would never want it to happen, if you know what I mean..”

I look at his eyes with confused look. What is this guy talking about? I was just too embarrassed about the kiss, that’s all. Why’s he talking too far about it? “I don’t understand, really”

He sighed, “You know what.. Let’s just forget it”

“Woah woah woah, where are you going?” I said as I pulled him back. He was standing up (again) to leave with a long sigh when I was trying to process what he was talking about. I mean, do you understand what he was saying? Cause I don’t..

He sat back down and stared at me, deeply, “Are you or are you not mad at me, ___-ah? Be honest”

“I’m not” I said with a sigh “It’s just that.. I was shy about the kiss, okay!”

Now he’s the one looking dumb-founded.

I bit my lower lip, “I never had a real kiss before and the other day on the alley was.. I don’t know it was just-..”

I didn’t have time to finish my sentence because Soonyoung pulled me into a hug all of sudden and it just made me stunned for a moment. His manly scent was smelled and I was getting more frozen as he gently patted my back and said, “Geez you worried me to death! Just don’t ever ignore me without any clear reason again, okay? It really kills me”

“O-Okay”

I smiled upon the hug and eventually hug him back as I begin to feel comfortable with the warmth and protective embrace. God, how I missed this moment..

“Oh, how I missed this kind of moment” he said with a grin. I look up at him with disbelief eyes since he just spilled the words I thought and it was just.. Amusing. “What?”

“Nothing” I smiled.

“Okay” he said and snuggled to me closer. “Say, have you told Seungcheol hyung about.. You know.. That we’ve kissed? As in, a real one?”

“No, actually..” I said as I pulled from the hug “I mean, you’ll be a dead meat if I told him about it, I’m sure about that”

“Aw, is baby ___ scared that her brother would chop me into a tenderloin steak if he knows that I’ve stole his sister’s first kiss?”

“You’ve done what?!”

Someone said from behind. I stood up from the couch and saw him, Seungcheol, standing with some plastic bags of food on his hands. He look at us with confused yet pissed off expression. God knows how long did he stand there and eavesdrop us, but for sure, he had hear about the kissing moment.

Oops..

 

---

[ an update, yeay! So what do you guys think about this story? It still needs some fixing here and there, I know, but do you guys find the story to be more interesting? No? Well, tell you what, I'll be revealing someone important on the next story and the 'Guessing Game' is back on!

Can you guess whom I'll be writing about on the next chapter?

*wiggle eybrows

 

Oh! And have you guys check on my new story, Seventeen? It's featuring our Vampire man, Mingyu, and our American boy, Hansol! Would you guys please click on it and just check it out? kkk ]