Seungcheol's Confession

Delinquenteens

 

Tick tock. Tick tock.

The clock on my room keeps on ticking and it clearly showed that it’s 2:35 AM in the morning. My lamps were off, I was comfortably tugged in my bed, I was hugging my favorite teddy bear, but I still can’t shut my eyes tight and simply drift off to Dreamland.

Now that they know that she’s close to us, they would hurt her too!

Those words keep on ringing on my mind like an alarm, wanting to be dismissed so that I could sleep in peace. Those words were hiding things that caused him to be this stressed out but I can’t figured out what it is. I only heard the last words of the conversation, so how am I suppose to know the whole problem?

I keep on rolling on my bed, here and there, to find a good spot for me to drift off to Dreamland but it was like my bed was betraying me and turned into the hardest stone in the world. “Gaah, this is so frustrating!”

I was about to walk off my bed and take a glass of water but then my door made a sound of click, indicating that someone’s coming in. I quickly closed my eyes shut and pretend to be asleep. I don’t know why, but I just have the feeling that I’ll be dead if Seungcheol caught me still awake in this time, even when he knows that I’m used to have insomnia.

He walks closer and sit on my bed. He put the bangs that had been covering my eyes away and caressed my cheek. I wanted to laugh at how clingy my brother had become but I can’t stop my acting right now. It would be so awkward if I just shot my eyes out and laugh at him.

“I’m sorry..” he said in his pathetic voice. It was the most desperate voice I ever heard from him and it was really leaving a big question mark in my head. Why’s everyone saying sorry today?

“I’m sorry I can’t protect you..”

Protect me from what?

“I’m sorry that you have to be involved in this mess..”

What mess?

“I’m sorry I can’t be a better brother for you..”

Seungcheol, what are you talking about?

“I’m sorry, I..” his voice was shaky and he can’t even continue his words. My pajama sleeve was getting wet from his tears and it just confused me even more. He never cries except if he’s really lost and desperate. Why’s my brother crying right now?

I was about to stood up and wipe his tears away when he let out an awkward chuckle and squeeze my left hand, “You must be laughing at me if you see how helpless I am right now”

No Seungcheol, I won’t..

His sobs were getting louder and my heart was aching. I hate to see him weak like this. My brother is the bravest and smartest guy ever, then what could’ve gotten into him that he cried so helplessly like this?

He played with my hair and I wanted to laugh at it since it was a bit ticklish as my hair touches my neck. He was sobbing while playing with my hair and said, “Do you remember.. When we were little, we used to play Prince and Princess but you never let me be the Prince so instead, you tell me to be the horse and always sit on my back, ordering me to go here and there like you’re a real Princess and I’m just a dumb horse”

Oh, I remember it just fine, Seungcheol..

“And do you remember, when you were about 8 or something, a girl pushed you over the swing and made you cry. You had a cut on your ankle and I was really freaked out to see you crying and bleeding. I wanted to punish the girl but she was crying too, feeling afraid already when she saw me running to you, so I was really dumb founded on who to be mad at since both of you were crying”

You were really protective at that time, Seungcheol-ah..

He stopped playing with my hair and let out a big sigh, “Sometimes I just wish that.. We could just stay as children and continue playing on the playground. Being careless about other things that matter in this world. We could just keep on playing Prince and Princess, I could just push you on the swing, I could always protect you at time..”

You’re still protecting me now, oppa..

“.. Right now I can’t even think on what to do.. Why did Mom moved you to my school when you were perfectly fine on your old one? Doesn’t she know that my school is the worst in Seoul? Doesn’t she know that you need to fight for your existence in my school?”

Existence?

“..Maybe this is one of the side effects of having parents to live abroad to their children, huh?”

It is oppa, it is..

“Or maybe I should just ask Mom to bring you with her to Paris, hm?”

Wait, what? No way!

“But if I do, I would feel so lonely here.. Who would I protect then? Who would make me breakfast every morning? Who would do my laundry? Who would wake me up when I’m late? Who would clean the house?”

Great, now you’re showing that I’m actually your maid. Thank you so much.

“And what would he do if you’re away? I bet that kid would lost his mind and turn into a mad boy that we, Seventeen boys, would need to send him to a mental hospital” Seungcheol chuckled to himself and squeeze my left hand.

Oh, you’re still thinking about him too? I thought you wanted to kill him the moment we told you that we’re officially dating.

For a few moments there, Seungcheol didn’t speak up again. He remained silent and it actually making me nervous. What’s he doing? Why doesn’t he make any sound?

He clicked his tongue and I can hear him glaring, “You’re causing me nothing but pain in the , aren’t you, baby sister?”

Gosh, why so harsh, Seungcheol?!

I was about to shot my eyes up and smack him on the head, but then his sudden action surprises me. Yet, it melted my heart. He kissed me on the cheek and whispered, “I love you, ___.”

Oh brother, how sweet can you get sometimes..

“And I promise to keep on protecting you, no matter what happen. I’ll assure you that you can always lean on me. You can hang on me. You can trust me. I’ll keep on your side forever, I promise”

God, Seungcheol oppa..

“And I wouldn’t let them touch you. Not a single strand of your hair would ever be hurt by them. I’ll make sure of that”

Huh?

“Even if I have to bleed for you. To be hurt just to protect you. Or even died to see you safe, I would”

Oh no..

---

[Such a short story for the week, eh? But, oh my, Seungcheol’s so sweet in this chapter, isn’t he? Geez, I laughed and shed a tear as I write this chapter! *exaggerating much? Kkk~

So, he didn’t showed up in this chapter but can you still take a guess on who he really is? I bet some of you would already get the picture of him on your minds, eh? Geez, how much of a tease I could get kkk~

So another thing, you saw how I mentioned Nu’est at the top, right? Yeah, yeah, you get the point of the story, I know, I know. But don’t worry, there would be thousands of plot switching and I can guarantee with my pure love for Seventeen that this story wouldn’t let you down.

Don’t forget to comment and subscribe!]