Long Night

Delinquenteens

 

Hey Guys! I'm sorry for the late update, but since summer's here and I have my holiday already, be prepare for more frequent updates, okay? We're coming to the times now and I advise you to read this chapter [ despite the fact that it's super long ] throughly cause this is the first time you aka ___ meet Soonyoung again after the devastating break up time! Yeass, go read it through go go go!

Oh, I also tried a new format for the chapter, is it good? haha

 


 

"Where’re you going?” Seungcheol asked as he put down his bowl of ramen. He looked quite surprise I think, seeing myself to be all fancy at night with simple make up and putting on my sneakers like this. I was never a night person. Well, not that anyone ever ask me out or if I have anything to do at night, anyway. So yeah..

“O-Oh, um.. I have a group project with my friend. It’s due tomorrow so I need to do it now” I said, sounding really awkward and unreliable. Well I was never a good liar in the first place, and I’m not that familiar with lies to say when you’re about to go out at night, so what do you expect?

“At this time?” He asked, looking at the clock “Isn’t it late already?”

“W-Well yeah cause my group members were busy earlier this noon so yeah, we got no other time than now”

Seungcheol scanned me from head to toe. I’m telling you, as creepy as Seungcheol looks like as a gangster leader, to add up the tension, my brother’s actually the best liar-detector in the entire South Korea. He's qualified to be a special FBI agent, I suppose. And lying to Seungcheol, not only that I feel bad since he's my own brother, but also because of the tiny chance of getting him around, cause trust me, whether to lie or to not, are both such a big decision to do.

Surprisingly, he nodded and placed his bowl on the table, "What time will you get home at?"

"I don't know. As the project finishes, I guess"

"Yeah, what time would that be?"

"Past 12, maybe?"

"Past 12?! Are you nuts?!" He said, coming closer to me like a mad person "No, you can't go. I'm not going to let you out till that late. What if you got or something out there?!"

"I won't, oh my Gosh" I said, eyeing him with what-so-called an eagle eye. I can never eye him cause he's not the type of person you can dominate with, but the thought of me getting is something so creepy and made me look weak, so I can't help but to try to intimidate him.

Even though it's quite impossible to do.

"Alright, if you're going there, then I'll come with you" he said, taking his coat from the hanger.

"What, no!" I popped my eyes "I'll be okay, oh my Gosh! Geez, just trust your little sister for once, okay?!"

"That's the point, you're my little sister and I will never let you go out this late alone" he said sternly "And it's not that I don't believe in you, ___. It's for your own safety. I can never ever risk your safety again. Remember that last time you slipped out of my attention? Yeah that's an enough warning of how bad of a brother I am"

I remained quiet. Too taken aback on how straight forwardly Seungcheol claim to be such failure in protecting me. He was obviously referring back to how I got the scar on my hand, about the accident. I never thought that the accident gave him such a big punch on the heart like that. I mean, I sure did think it was such a big deal, but I've let it go now, so why can't he do the same?

He put on his snapback, "Where's the home of that friend of yours? Is it Doyoon's house?"

"W-What?" I snapped back "O-Oh, um, no.. It's my other friend's house"

"Your other friend?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What's with the face? Yeah, I do have another friend but Doyoon. I'm social enough, okay" I said, getting quite offended "And maybe if you can just give this little sister of yours an extra attention at school, you might know which friend of mine I was talking about"

Now Seungcheol shuts his mouth tight. Shoot, I said the wrong thing now, didn't I?

“Which is why I want to make it all up by getting you there" he said with a softer voice "I know I've done a very bad job at being someone you can rely on, someone to protect you. And I want to pay it all up now, so.. Yeah"

I stared at him softly, "You don't need to pay it all up now as in this very own second, right? I'll be okay, I promise. I'll get my phone alert at any time and I'll call you right away if something gone wrong. I can take care of myself, I promise"

"It's not that I don't trust you, ___, I want to-.."

"I know, but this isn't the time" I said, softly but bold and straightforward. We haven't spoken for quite sometime, ever since that day when Seungcheol left the house for a 'meeting' with the boys, and our relationship had never gone smooth these days, anyway. He always look so tensed, stressed, and down every time I saw him. But whenever I try to talk to him, either he’s gonna walk away or he’s gonna yell at me to just mind my own business. No what choice do I have in my hands, really?

We literally look like a disfunctional family now. With the amount of arguments we have, cold treatment, and secrets the both of us have, I don't even think we can call ourselves as real brother and sister anymore.

What a family, huh?

“Are you sure you don’t need me to come with you?” Seungcheol asked once more.

I nodded, “I’m 200% sure. I’ll call you if anything happened or if I need something. But don’t worry that much, I’ll be fine”

He stared at me once more, trying to see if there’s any ‘weak’ point that I’m showing for him to protect about. But hey, I want to show him once in a while that I can take care of myself. What happened in the past, is the past. I can’t really change anything now but to try to be more conscious about what’s happening around me now, can I?

I put on my sneakers and straightened up my sweater again, “I’ll be okay. Don’t worry that much and don’t wait for me. Just trust me, okay?”

Seungcheol nodded and walked me to the front door. I smiled at him and bid goodbye, trying to get out of there as fast as I could before he changes his mind. Cause no matter how wise Seungcheol is, he’s still the type of person to change his mind when he got a new bizarre idea.

As I walk on the street, I can see from afar that Seungcheol was calling someone or maybe someone called him. The thing is, he got his phone out and he was obviously calling someone. A part of me was feeling scared cause that might be a call from the boys that they might have a sudden gang fight or something, but I also got that idea that he’s calling someone to follow me. Either way, whoever’s calling Seungcheol or is called by Seungcheol, must be a quite important person cause Seungcheol rarely touch his phone. He’s not the type of typical teenager to get engaged with their phone that much.

Whom he might be talking too?

***

“Oh my God, where the hell am I at right now” I complained to myself as I walk to this dark alley. I had never been around this place before and it was quite creepy to be honest. Random graffiti on the wall, dark alleys, dim light, everything that you can call as a reality nightmare. Why in the world am I here anyway?

I pulled up my bag that was sliding down from my shoulder as I take out my phone. From the text, it was really clear that this is the right way to be wherever place she texted me to go to, but somehow I lost the feeling of going there since the way is just too creepy to walk on.

Where in the world is Pinky telling me to go to, I thought. The thing is, other than the address she texted me to go to, she didn’t tell me on what we’re gonna do, who’s gonna be there, or what am I suppose to wear. She mentioned that I should dress a bit fancy, that’s why I have my make up on, but she didn’t tell me what kind of dress code is used.

Over-size maroon sweater with white pair of skinny jeans is okay, right?

And oh yeah, now you see why I was quite stressed out when asking permission to go out from Seungcheol, right? The thing is, I’ve never had a group project before. I mean, either that none of the people of my group would care about their grades, or they’ll do the job by themselves without trying to ‘burden’ me or anything. I wasn’t going for any school related thing right now. In fact, I’m not even sure what kind of thing am I going to, so yeah. You see why I was really sweating then, right?

“Oh my God!” I shouted as I heard a loud pang behind me. I was thinking too deep about where Pinky was taking me to that I was really shocked when a cat jumped on a metallic can and spilled the whole thing on the ground. I mean, it was quite late already and there was no sound at all in the alley, so how would you expect me to do when such surprising thing happened?

‘Yah, Zhou Pinky! You’re so dead when I got there, okay! Where in the world are you taking me to?!’

I texted her. I’m getting more and more paranoid of the whole atmosphere that I want to just ditch this. I don’t care how far I’ve gotten now, how much of time I’ve wasted to apply my make up on, or how hard I tried to lie to Seungcheol, but this is just too much. This place is just too creepy.

“___?”

I turned around. My eyes popped even more as I saw who was calling me. He looked like he just ran quickly to my place from the pants and how red his face is right now. He was wearing a long sleeve stripes shirt with a pair of ripped off jeans, just how his style is. And even when we’re still parted about 2-3 meters like this, I can feel his fresh scent and that special perfume he always use. Oh boy, how I miss this guy.

“Are you okay? What’re you doing here?” he asked again, walking closer to me.

“I-I, um, I have some hang out with my friend around here” I said, snapping back to reality with quite stutter. Great.

“Around here? Are you sure?”

I raised an eyebrow, “Yeah.. My friend clearly texted me that it was around here. Why? Something wrong with this place?”

He chuckled, surprisingly. He shook his head and look up to me, eyes still gone from the huge grin he’s showing, “You don’t know this place, do you now?”

“Why, what’s wrong with this place?” I questioned. Honestly my cheeks were quite burning cause I didn’t expect to see him here, out all time and place. I mean, I wasn’t ready. Physically and mentally “What’re you doing here too, Mr. Dumbbell?”

He looked away, smiling slightly, “You’re still gonna call me with that one nickname you gave me about, huh?”

I remained silent. Shoot, out of all names, why shall I call him that?! It’ll only add up the awkwardness around us now, wouldn’t it? Geez, how stupid-er can you get, ___?!

Soonyoung looked up, staring at me with a smile. I swear to God, I want to slap him for that. I mean, why would you stare at someone that deeply when we haven’t met for quite some time and we obviously had something in the past?! Doesn’t he know that I was driven mad by his stare?!

“You look pretty” he complimented “Is it some kind of special hang out?”

I bite my lower lip, “No.. I don’t know actually”

“You don’t know?”

I nodded slowly.

“Wow” he chuckled “I wonder how Seungcheol hyung gave you a permission to go out if you don’t even know where you’re going to”

And then it hit me.

“You’re the guy Seungcheol called when I left, aren’t you?!” I asked, a bit pissed off “He told you to follow me, didn’t he?! Oh my God, why can’t you guys leave me alone for once! Geez, have some trust in this girl now, can’t you?!”

I turned around, walking away from the guy I’m seriously pissed off at right now. And I thought he still cares for me and somehow fate brought us together. How more naive can I be, huh? And wow, now I even have the idea that maybe my life was already scripted and directed by Seungcheol.

“He did call me” he said. I was still walking away, but soon stopped as he continues “But that’s not the reason why I followed you”

I turned, hands folded on my chest, “Then why? Cause you think there’s still something left for us if you just follow me and rescue me when a appear or something happens?”

He stood still, quite taken aback on my words. His body got a bit tensed as I mentioned ‘something left for us’ but he quickly cover it with a cool ignorant image that you might think he wasn’t tensed at all. But hey, I know this guy better than himself.

At least, I used to.

“I followed you, because I care about you..” he said with a force smile “as a friend”

Now I was the one taken aback. ‘As a friend’. Is he for real, now?! The Kwon Soonyoung whom showed that much love and cares that I thought it was just a mistake of him to end our relationship, said that he cared for me as a friend only?!

“As a friend?” I repeated, showing much confuse and disappointment in my tone.

Soonyoung only nodded with a small smile. I don’t know whether that smile was a ‘yeah, I’m sorry I said that, I didn’t mean it’ or a ‘yeah, we surely have nothing left to fix so I’m treating you as a friend now’. Either way, I don’t like the idea and boy how I wish I can punch his face right now.

But instead, I inhaled deeply and smiled back. If this is some kind of joke Soonyoung’s throwing to show how I’m the one who needs our relationship back more than he does, then no, I’m not losing in this game. “Well then, I’m glad we can still be friends”

Soonyoung stopped smiling and stared at me with a shocked expression. I smirked as I feel like I’m in victory but to be honest, it feels like I’ve just stabbed my heart with a cold ice dagger. It feels even more hurting than when I was hit by that random car. Not physically, but mentally. And I know that I’m not only hurting myself by those words, but also Soonyoung.

At least, that’s what I thought.

“I need to go” I claimed, trying to escape from the quite tensed atmosphere. The cold feeling and how we’re silently in pain right now just doesn’t help the whole situation at all and I swear I’ll break down in tears if I stand any longer with him. “I need to go now. My friend’s probably waiting for too long already.

“I-I’ll come with you” he said, taking a step closer “I’ll make sure you get there safe”

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry”

“But you don’t know this neighborhood and-..”

“Just trust me for once, okay? That’s what’s friends are for, right? Trusting each other” I said with a forced smile. Soonyoung went quiet again as I said the friend-matter again. I swear to anything I want to break down in tears now, but I can’t do that obviously. I’ve been holding my pride this long and strong, I can’t just break it down now. No, not in front of Soonyoung.

“I’ll be okay” I said softly, sounding like I wasn’t even sure on what I was saying. I smiled once more to Soonyoung, seeing his breaking down body that I’m desperately wanting to hug. I turn my body and walk away from the spot. As I take more steps away, a tear dropped from my left eye and I was starting to sob by the time I came out of the alley. As much as I thought I’ve completely gotten over Soonyoung, with the same amount of feelings, I still want him to be my Mr. Dumbbell.

All of sudden, my phone vibrated, signing that there’s a new text coming in.

‘I’m sorry, eonni! I’ll pay it all up when you come, I promise! Tonight’s gonna be one of the best night, I promise you’

I sighed at the text. After the scene me and Soonyoung was involved with, I’m not even sure if I can face Pinky. I mean, my make up must’ve been all smudge off and everything. There’s no point on seeing her now. But another side in my head says that I deserve some relax time. Maybe I can talk this problem out with Pinky too, right?

Come on, ___. You deserve a break. Just forget about what just happened and relax yourself. Everything will fall in the right place eventually. Just give it a time. Give it a time..

***

You’ve got to be kidding me..

I eyed Pinky from head to toe and can only mentally facepalm myself. She was wearing a beautiful black mini dress that shows her perfect curve and all with pretty jewelry and all done hair and make up. Now look at myself, smudge make up, hair bun, over-size sweater and white skinny long pants. How worse can this night be, oh my God.

“Eonni, are you alright? Oh my Gosh, your eyes are a bit puffy” Pinky asked worriedly and helped me out to fix my make up. I was still blank from how wrong dress code I’m wearing now that I didn’t even give any attention on what she’s doing to my face.

“I look so damn ugly” I said.

Pinky chuckled, “It’s okay, it’s not as bad as you’re thinking. I should’ve told you that we’re going for a club, but I’m afraid you wouldn’t come if I say so”

Now that hits me hard. We’re in front of a club gate right now and I didn’t even pay attention to it, for God’s sake! What am I doing here?! I’m not the kind of party people. How am I suppose to walk in and blend in with the crowd? I don’t even drink or smoke or any other thing the cool kids do. How am I suppose to act later, then?!

“Damn, what am I gonna do when we get inside” I questioned and bite my lower lip.

“It’s okay, don’t stress it out. Just enjoy the time” she said. Pinky opened my hair bun and made my hair fall down messily ‘fashionable’, she said. She also pulled my right sleeve that it made my shoulder to be exposed, showing my bra strap, “Hey hey, what’re you doing?!”

“Well we need to make the best of what’s in present now, right?” she said “I’m not saying that you dress up too.. ‘Lame’, but we still need to work on this, eonni”

“Ouch, talk about sarcasm”

Pinky chuckled. She took off her earrings and gave it to me, along with her pendant necklace “You can wear these. It’ll make you look more appealing and everything. Not that I’m saying you’re any less appealing now, but still..”

I shrugged and put on her earrings. When I was putting on the left one, I saw someone appearing behind Pinky and I popped my eyes so wide that I can feel them about to jump out. My jaw dropped and I was too shocked that I didn’t even close it back up “Oh my God”

“Hey, ___” he smiled.

“Hey, so you guys know each other already, huh?” Pinky said. She looks all relaxed and girly, as usual, but I can sense something that’s not that right about her. Something that she’s hiding behind her all girlish act “Oppa, ___ eonni’s a bit tensed up tonight. She’d never come to a club before, I reckon. So why don’t you help her out and be her date for tonight, eh?”

“Wait wait, what? Pinky!” I nudged her. My cheeks were starting to burn as he keeps on staring at me with that one special smile. I swear to God my heart’s about to explode from all the embarrassment and excitement at the same time. Too much feels to contain, you know!

“Oh come on, JR oppa doesn’t mind at all, right oppa?”

He nodded, “Yeah sure. Who would ever complain to accompany such beauty, right?”

I blushed madly as he said so. And not inly that his words were too sweet, JR also act like a classy gentleman as he took my left hand and kissed it. Oh my , I swear to anything I want to marry this guy in this instant.

Just kidding, but well..

Pinky on the other hand, was staring at the both of us with that one smile I want to wipe off from her face. It looks like she was really pleased by how me and JR was showing quite nice relationship when we barely know each other in the first place. But hey, JR’s one of the sweetest guy on Earth, so no doubt in that.

“Okay then.. I’ll just leave the two of you alone, now..” Pinky said slowly as she left the both of us. I was still too caught up in JR’s eyes that I didn’t realize she was long gone. JR can literally stare at your soul 24/7 without having that ‘awkward’ moment cause you’ll only feel his charm and charisma.

“Um, shall we go in, now?” he asked, snapping me back to reality after a God knows how long too caught up admiration.

“O-Oh, yeah, sure”

JR smiled once more and took me inside. He clinged his arm on my shoulder and I shivered at his touch. He was wearing a long sleeve jeans shirt but the sleeves were pulled up to elbow length that when he wrap his arm around my shoulder, I can feel his skin in touch with my exposed shoulder. Hell, his hand’s now on top of my bra strap for God’s sake!

“Why’re you so tensed up? Just relax a bit, I got your back” he said, a bit chuckling.

‘I got your back’. What a nice pun you got there, Mr.

I flashed a smile to him before looking down to the floor as we stepped in. My cheeks were still burning and hell it burns even more from the skinship we’re having right now. JR looks and act so chill out when I’m really stressing out inside.

 

 

[ollo guys~

So basically what I need to say is already written on the top of this chapter, so yeah, expectmore updates soon, okay!
By the way, what do you think about this chapter? Too long, too over-dramatic, too something?
Don't hestitate to comment down bellow if you have any idea or constructive critisism for Delinquenteens, okay?

I'll be waiting for your feedbacks! 
 ]