Prom [ part I ]

Delinquenteens

 

Okay, I want to apologize in advance for the very very very late update and to tell you the truth, this chapter would obviously not pay anything for my apologize, but I hope it would somehow decrease my owe to you guys, and happy reading! 

 


 

I smile to myself as I stare at my own reflection. Satisfied was obviously the word I feel right now as I look at how pretty I actually look like in my aquamarine cocktail dress. My hair was done beautifully with two small braids on each side. My dress was not that sparkly but it was still pretty in a simple way, just like how I love it. My make up was also done as natural as possible since I only use mascara and lip gloss. I’m not really a big fans of make up, so I think this simple look is already enough.

The genuine smile of satisfaction is now plastered in my face, but my eyes were still blank and empty as I stare at my phone. My date for tonight had texted me that he’s already at venue. We agreed to not let him pick me up because Seungcheol would definitely beat the heck out of him if he comes. Though, even when I picked him myself as my date, I still don’t feel the funny little butterfly in my stomach as I saw my phone vibrated from his text. I’m happy that he’s my date, that’s for sure, but we can’t ignore the fact that the only person I actually hope to come with is none other than Soonyoung.

To tell you the truth, I’m not even sure if I could still count him as my boyfriend. After the fight we had which resulted on the physical abusement he did, I hadn’t been talking nor texting him. I didn’t have any intention to, to be honest. Cause everytime I remember him, I would feel the stinging pain in my heart on how he hurt me that time.

Never in my entire life I felt very disappointed over someone until that very time he done it to me.

In on hand, I wanted to ignore and forget everything about Soonyoung as I try my best to avoid him, but on the other side, I can’t help but to feel  that I miss him so much that I feel like I’m dying in silence. As much as I hate his action, a part of myself can tell that he was just frustrated over the problems he’s having right now.

What problems? I don’t know. Not that he wanted to share it with me, anyway.

"Feeling satisfied with your appearance, I see" someone said from behind, leaning over to my room door as he stare at me with amused face but no smile "I still think that dress is too small for you, though. I mean, look at your thigh and your shoulders an-.."

“Seungcheol, just shut up, okay? Don't ruin my night" I said coldly as I turn my face back to the mirror.

"I'm just stating my mind, geez" he said as he walk into my room "Are you really going to that stupid prom thing?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Of course I am. Why would I not? I spent over than 5 hours to get as perfect as I am right now. Real question is, why are you not coming? It’s your last chance to get to prom anyway. You’ll be graduating next year"

"Cause it's stupid" he said with a long sigh. He jumped to my bed and burry himself under the pile of blankets I have. From the mirror, I can see him snuggling in with that stupid face like he had just dip himself into a cotton candy paradise or something "Why are your blankets smell and feel so nice"

"Cause I wash it, duh?!"

"Why don't you wash mine?"

I turn my body to face him with my ‘are-you-serious’ look but he only shrugged and cover himself with the blankets. I was about to come over him but my phone vibrated again. Another text from myd ate came in, asking when would I get there cause people are starting to crowd the place.

"I'll be going now. My date is already there" I said. Seungcheol made a face as I mentioned the word 'date' and I could only roll my eyes, "What, don't give me your never-ending speech now about how you hate him cause I told you already, don't ruin my night. And I mean it, Seungcheol"

"I'm not going to give you a speech, I'm just trying to safe you form-.."

"No, I don't want to hear any of those 'safety' related word tonight. I'm so done with it" I said, grabbing my purse.

I was about to leave my room, but the I felt a hand helding me back, "Can you please not go for the prom, ___? I know you really wanted to, but can’t you just ditch this one for me, please? You're still in your junior grade, anyway. You'll have your senior prom, so why rushing tonight?"

"Look Seungcheol, we went over this for hundredths of time already, okay? I won't ditch on this and I won't let my date down tonight. I promised him I would come and I will do "

Again, as I turn myself to get out of the room, Seungcheol stopped me again but this time instead of holding my hand, his words were the one that froze me, "Well then can't you just change your date to Soonyoung?"

My body froze. As much as I try to ignore that name, especially tonight, I just can’t. Like I said, no matter how hard I try, Soonyoung would still be in my mind. And even when I feel like I’ve done my best to look perfect tonight, it just dones’t feel right. I don’t have any butterflies in my stomach or princess-like feeling when I’m actually dressing up as one. It just feel empty.

“Seungcheol, please, I-..”

“I don’t know what happened between you and him, but I beg you to not come tonight, ___-ah” Seungcheol cut my words “Or if you badly want to come, I can call Soonyoung now and tell him to be your date instead. I’m sure he’ll be glad to be your date cause he’s your boyfriend and you’re-..”

“No, no he’s not” I cut.

“W-What?”

“I don’t want to talk about this, okay?” I said, feeling the tears to build up “Just please, Seungcheol. Let this one go, okay?”

I didn’t wait for Seungcheol to answer as I just walk away from my room as fast I could. Tonight was suppose to be the night that I could finally feel relaxed and enjoy every moment of it, not to cry myself over a guy that ended up to hurt me the most. I shouldn’t let this get in my mind. I shouldn’t ruin my own night. I should just enjoy this.

But no matter how much I’m trying to tell myself this, I just still can’t.

***

“Woah, didn’t expect the school basketball gym to turn into a sparkly dance floor” my date said as we walked in, hand in hand.

“I know. It feels weird, doesn’t it?” I said with a small giggle.

“Yeah, it does, kinda” he said “I’ll just go grab some drink. The flashes dries my throat. Do you want some too?”

“No, I’m good” I smiled.

“Okay, I’ll be right back” he said as he helped me sit like a gentleman. It wasn’t that surprising to see him do this cause he’s the type to do whatever he needs to when he likes someone, I guess. But It’s still amusing for me cause no one other than ‘someone-I-don’t-want-to-mention-cause-I’ll-be-crying-a-river-if-I-do” does this.

I nodded with a smile. He was about to walk away but he suddenly stops and turn to face me, “Don’t go anywhere or dance with anyone, okay? I don’t want anyone to steal my date”

I stared at him with my ‘what-the-hell’ look but he only raised his hands and shrugged, “What, I know I wasn’t the one asking you out, so I’m just trying to make sure you know that you can’t go with anyone but me tonight”

“Just go get the drink” I said, trying to hold in the proud in my tone that what he said was right. Hey, two dudes asked me out for this prom, how can I not feel proud about it, right?

He just smiled and walk away, finally going to get the drink he was craving. The room soon gets more crowded as more people come. The dance floor is also soon filled with people dancing. I was just staring at how beautiful the couples were as they dance on the floor until someone tapped my shoulder. She was smiling at me and wow, she’s definitely someone with queenka materials even when she looks younger than I am.

She raised her eyebrow as her smile gets even wider and greeted me, “Hey ___ sunbae”

“Um, hey?” I replied. I raised an eyebrow as I question who is the girl sitting next to me right now. I don’t know that many juniors in this school since I’m not that ‘socialize’ but this girl seems like she knows quite lot about me from the way she speaks.

“I’ve been dying to finally get the time to talk to you” she said with a smile “Chan had spoken about you for sooo many times that I feel like we’re sisters already”

“Wait, what? Chan? How do you know Chan?” I questioned. How can she be close to any of Seventeen boys? I mean, as much as I love it to hear that he speaks about me, this is quite a big surprise. Seventeen is a closed group and they wouldn’t share any private things to strangers, so why would Chan talk about me to this girl? Either he’s a very close friend of Chan or-.. “Oh my God, are you Pinky? They girl Chan’s crushing on?!”

Whoops, shouldn’t said the last words..

The girl blushed and awkwardly play with her hair, “Y-Yes I’m Pinky but I’m not sure if Chan’s crushing on me, so..”

“O-Oh, nevermind about that. I was just talking rubbish” I said, trying to save myself from the later on furious Chan which is obviously not working.

“O-Okay, sunbae” Pink said as she take a gulp of her drink “Um, by the way, pleased to meet you, sunbae! I’ve heard a lot about you from Chan and I’ve been wanting to talk to you a lot sooner but it was quite hard to find you around school, so I try to make this tme count. Sorry if I talk too informal or anything, I just want to boost up the friendship as soon as possible and when we-..”

I raised an eyebrow. This girl is obviously a very talkative girl. She’s also confidence on whatever she’s saying like she doesn’t think of what she’d say. She’s like a replica of Chan, only that she looks somehow a bit more mature and she’s a girl. I mean, they would look like a real good cute couple, but I don’t think I would hang around them that much. Too much noises from a couple is not a good thing to hear, you know.

“..- So eonni are you up for it?”

“H-Huh? What?”

“I said, we’ll be a very good friends, sisters perharps! Are you up for it? I mean, I talk a lot and your day would never be the same ever again, so”

“O-Oh, um.. Yeah, sure. I bet we can be sisters. I mean, if you’re really going to go out with Chan or anything, you’ll eventually be my sister” I smiled “Talking of Chan.. Are you here with him? I mean, is he here?”

“Yeah, I am. He’s in the baby blue tux, haven’t you met him?”

I shook my head, “Is.. Is the other Seventeen boys here too?”

“Oh, I don’t know about that, eonni..”

I only smiled and nod to myself. If Chan is here, then there would be a very tiny little chance that the other boys are here too, and that could mean.. That could mean that Soonyoung is here and-..

“Eonni, I need to go now. It’s been a very nice time to talk with you” Pinky said and hugged me “I hope we can talka again soon”

“Yeah, looking forward for it” I smiled.

I watch Pinky walksaway in her peach dress and can’t help but to compliment Chan mentally from his good choice for girls. I mean, she looks like someone who’s fun to hang out with but cares and serious in times, and I bet she’s really that worthy for Chan that he shares almost everything with her, so now I can only wish that those two can really be a good couple and last long.

Better couple and last longer than how me and Soonyoung did..

“Hey, are you alright?”

“H-Huh? Oh yeah, I’m fine” I said as I realize that my date was already sitting beside me now “Is this for me?”

“Oh, yeah. I kinda get an extra punch just in case you get thristy now”

“Thanks” I said as I sip the drink.

“No problem” he smiled “So.. Who was that? The girl that just talked with you. I didn’t know you’re close with the juniors”

“I’m not. She’s Pinky, the girl Chan’s crushing at”

“Oh, that’s her? Wow, Chan could really pick a girl” my date said, amused.

“Yeah, I know right? And I’m pretty sure Pinky’s older than him”

“A noona? Geez, wow. So unexpected from a Chan”

I laughed, “What do you mean by ‘so unexpected from a Chan’? You’re not even that close to him”

“Yeah, but he was one of the guy that didn’t beat me that bad back then, so I can tell that he’s one of the good dudes”

“What, are you saying that my brother is not a good dude, Doyoon oppa?”

“I’m not saying that, you’re the one that interperterating it that way” he said as he wiggled his  eyebrows.

 “Whatever” I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. As gentleman as Doyoon can be, he’s still an annoying pants some times, but that’s just what makes him an even more interesting guy to be friend with. He’s nice, smart, caring, and-.. Is that Mingming?

I stood from my chair as I thought I saw Mingming from afar. He was in a white shirt with black tie. Looking simple as ever, but he definitely did something to his hair as it somehow looked more messy but in a good way.

“I-I think I need to get some more punch” I said as I excuse myself “I’ll be back in a sec, okay?”

I just walk away before letting Doyoon to say another word cause I saw Mingming to start walking away. I tried to chase him but the heels I’m wearing doesn’t seem to help in any way. The moment I reached the snack bar, Mingming had already left the spot and I couldn’t find him cause people are crowding the scene.

I tried to stretch my neck to look around for him, but found no trace. He disappeared like a ghost and it’s kinda creepy to think so cause Mingming isn’t the type of guy to get disappeared so fast like this. He has a big board body anyway, so how can he disappeared this fast?

“Hey”

Someone greeted me from behind and as I turned around, I face one of the least people I want to meet tonight. I owe him an apologize, that’s why, and I don’t exactly know how to express it just yet. I mean, I was busy looking for Mingming and now he just appeared out of no where? Geez, so many surprises for a night, huh?

“H-Hey”

You’re so dead, ___.

 

 

---

[ollo Guys!

I. Am. So. Sorry. For. The. Very. Very. Very. Very. Late. Update.
I honestly have no good reason or excuse to not give you guys any update, so I understand if you guys are disappointed or mad at me.
I also understand that this chapters pays nothing at all compare to your waits and I'm really sorry for it.

What can I do now is to promise you guys that the net chapter would be a better one. This is only the one part of prom and I honestly think that this is a crappy one, but the next one would be all better, I promise you.
There would be an appearance of someone unexpected, some drama, and action that you guys would probably not expect, so please look forward for it!

 

Anyway, about SEVENTEEN, have you guys watched the dance video of Jihoon, Soonyoung, Hansol and Chan for Money Money Money?
It was so damn epic ><
]