Prom Invitations

Delinquenteens

 

I mess my hair on the cafeteria table and stare blankly at my food. I feel lost, depressed, devastated, wasted, whatever you would want to call it. These past few days are just not my days and it feels like the most cursed weeks of my life.

Seventeen had been gone with no trace ever since that day I talked to Chan. Seungcheol and Soonyoung were really gone and I have no idea where they are or how are they doing. They don’t answer my calls nor reply my texts. The old building that used to be their base were long emptied too since when I came there about 2 days after they’re gone, it was locked and nothing was left inside.

Back on the day where I learned that they’re going to have a fight, I tried to run my as fast as I could to the back garden but Soonyoung was long gone and no where to be found. I was late. I was damn late that I didn’t even have the time to say a word to him. I just need a God damn 3 minutes to tell him to be safe and just a small hug would suffice, but no, u ain’t got no time for it gurl.

I open my drink and gulp it down since I have no appetite now. I’m anxious about how Seventeen did on the fight and the fact that none of them is giving me a word is really devastating. What if something happened to them? What if someone is hurt? What if-..

No, enough ‘what if’s. Seventeen would be fine, I’m sure of that.

“Are you okay?”

I snapped back to reality and turned my head, just to see the ‘worried looking’ Aron to raise an eyebrow at me, “Since when are you here?”

“Since you were too busy thinking about something that deep” he said and placed a piece of fries to his mouth “What’s wrong with you, though? Seriously, you’ve looked like you’ve spaced out so much nowadays. Anything in mind that you wanted to share?”

“Oh, um, not really. Just some school works and stuff, you know..” I lied “I haven’t seen you around these past days.. Where have you been? How’s the boys?”

Aron asked an eyebrow, “You care about my group?”

“Um, yeah? Why? Is that weird?”

“No, not at all. It’s just new for someone to actually pays some attention to my boys” he let out an amused laugh “Most of them just try to keep some distance away from us. I don’t know, mostly because of our creepy appearance I think”

“Can’t blame them. You guys do look scary” I exclaimed.

“Then why are you not afraid of me now, then?”

“Who says I’m not?”

“You’re cute” Aron said with a chuckle.

“Yeah you’ve mentioned that before” I said as I throw him a smile. To tell you the truth, it kinda feel nice to actually talk to Aron like this. It makes me feel more, I don’t know.. Calm? And I’m not even sure since when we can talk comfortably like this, but we just did.

I smile secretly to myself and finally found my appetite to finally touch my food. Having Aron as a lunchmate actually feels nice now that there’s no Seventeen boys to forbid me or anything. And it’s not like I’ve forgotten Doyoon, no. He had an extra class to attend so that’s like another reason why I felt lonely back where Aron hasn’t come.

Having a new atmosphere with new lunchmate wouldn’t hurt, right?

Aron on the other hand, suddenly cleans his hands up and cleared his throat, looking like he’s going to say something important, “So um, ___, listen” he started “You know that the Senior Prom is coming really soon, right?”

Oh, that prom..

To tell you the truth, I actually had never paid attention to it until Aron mentioned it now. Not that I don’t care or anything, I just didn’t really have time to think about it. I mean, come on, thinking about Seventeen required a lot of space on my mind already, so I can’t really think of other things like Prom and such, now.

“Yeah.. I haven’t think about it that much actually, so um, yeah, what about it?”

“I was just.. Wondering. Have you have any dates yet?” He asked. A bit.. Blushing?

I raised an eyebrow, “I’m not sure.. But-..”

“Well then would you be my date for the Senior Prom?”

Now I raised an eyebrow at him. Is he seriously asking me to be his date? I mean, not that I hate it or anything, I just find it.. Really weird? Out of all girls in this school and to look at how not so good looking girl I am, why must it be me?

“I-I, um..”

“I know you have plans already and I won’t push you to give me an answer now cause the D-day is still days away, but please tell me as soon as you can, okay?” Aron said, still with that one special smile that I found really charming.

I nodded to him, feeling like I had lost all the words in my head. His smile was just so charming by that time and how sincere he looked like when he asked me kinda melted my heart. I mean, not that I have any feelings to him or anything, I just find it super sweet for him to ask me like this. The way he’s asking is surely the other thing on why I feel flustered like this.

***

-  Aron’s POV –

I smiled at ___ sincerely as I see some insecurities on her eyes. Can’t blame her though. I know it must be super weird to actually have a senior that doesn’t talk to you oftenly and all of sudden, he came up and ask you to be their prom date. And I know that it’s not the only reason on why she looked uncertain like this. I know that she must be thinking of that boy, Kwon Soonyoung, and it’s not surprising if she does. I mean, I’m not sure if they’re still a thing at this stage, but I can obviously see that ___ still have some feelings and still care about that kid.

I was quite surprised when I officially know that she’s the girlfriend of Soonyoung. To know her dating any of those damn Seventeen boys is already shocking, and now looking that Soonyoung is actually one of the main boys that are tougher to be beaten, it kinda amuse me on how he would actually risk her safety like this.

It’s quite amusing too that Soonyoung can manage to hide her from us. The other Seventeen boys are obviously covering her up too, but I know Soonyoung would have to do more part to actually protect her from us. My boys won’t hurt her that way, I think. I mean, I won’t. But to look at her safety point of view, I think hiding her like this is the best way they can do. I mean, we wouldn’t want to hurt our little, ___, right?

The other fact on how she’s actually Seungcheol’s sister is also a big surprise too. I don’t even know that that punk has any family in Korea because all I know is that his parents are abroad. If I know that ___ is his brother from the first place, I might actually bully or hurt her but now that I know her at this point, I don’t think I can ever hurt just a strain of her hair.

To tell you the truth, I think I’ve developed some feelings for her. I’m not sure why nor how, but I just did. There’s just something about her that make me feel like I need to protect her, even when it went against my own group, Nu’est.

***

- ___’s POV –

I close my locker as I sigh due to the heavy backpack I have. School is over and I’m not really looking forward to get home or anything. There’s no Seungcheol at home and it just feels so empty. Not that I’m always glad about his presence, but I would take any day to get irritated by home unfunny his jokes are or how clingy he gets sometimes than to be left with no words like this.

The dilemma, so tired that I want to lay down and get some rest, but I don’t wan to get home just yet. What to do, then?

I check on my phone, hoping to see any text or missed call from the boys but there were none. Nothing to see that I kinda feel stupid to check on something that doesn’t even change at all. Zero notifications, zero nothing.

Come on boys, I need to know how you guys are doing. That’s it.

I was about to leave the locker but then someone called me from behind, “___, wait!”

“Oh hey, Doyoon oppa!” I said with a grin “How’s your chemistry class?”

“Yeah, it was fine. I had to do some extra works and all, but I still survive”

“Good for you, then!” I laughed.

“Yeah.. Hey, I have a question to ask though..”

“Question?” I raised an eyebrow “Ask away then. Don’t act like we’re strangers or anything. You’re my best buddy, just ask anything”

“But it might sound a bit weird or surprising though..”

I raised an eyebrow. Doyoon’s body language was indeed weird and it was a very contrast on how he usually look calm. He was nervous, I can tell. Some beads of sweat were actually visible on his forehead and he was awkwardly playing with his hands, looking down at his toes.

What in the world is wrong with Doyoon?

“I, um.. I was just wonderin,” he said, statturating “I was just wondering if you would.. You know, go to the prom with me?”

Holy ing , is Doyoon asking me out, too?!

I gulped down with a popped up eyes as Doyoon finally spilled his question. Oh my, blame my sassy y personality, but I feel like the queen of the world as two good looking guys are asking me to go to the prom with them at the same day. Am I like the other daughter of Aphrodite or what?!

“I-I..” I lost my words (again). I can’t even think on how to answer Aron and now another request is in the inbox, waiting to be replied. I’m not even sure if I’m going or anything and even if I’m going, I seriously hope that it would be Soonyoung who would ask me out, but no. I better stop day dreaming cause that boy’s location is not even known right now.

“You don’t have to answer it now, though” Doyoon cut “I understand that you’re still with Soonyoung and to be honest I feel really sinful to ask you like this, but I’m just.. I hope you would consider my invitation”

I look at him with a soft look. I can understand that he really is hoping that I would accept his invitation because let’s just say the fact here, does Doyoon has any other girl friends than me? Does he even have any other friend than me, though? No, right? I’m the only one he got and no matter how shy and closed person Doyoon is, I’m sure he wouldn’t want to miss his senior prom.

Though, as much as I want to help him out, I can’t just accept him like this. I still have Soonyoung and even if he won’t ask me out, we’re still in a relationship and it would be irrational if I just go out with Doyoon like this. No matter how big our problem or how messed up our relationship is, I still count him as my boyfriend and I bet he does the vice versa.

I’m going to settle down our problem, anyway. I’ve been planning to apologize to him on my bad behavior and how I’ve disappointed him too much by this point. I’ve figured that if none of us actually take the blame and just apologize to the other, we would never make up and I obviously don’t want that to happen.

Beside, gulping down my pride wouldn’t hurt that much, right? Out of all arguments we had, Soonyoung had always been the first one to apologize, so this might be the chance for me to show him that I’m also trying to keep this relationship lasts.

“I would need to think about this, oppa..” I said “Not that I don’t want to go with you, but you said it yourself that I still have Soonyoung so I need to make sure things are clear between us first before I can actually go with you. But I’ll tell you what, I’ll call you right after I have a clear decision about it, okay?”

Doyoon smiled. It wasn’t one of those bright smile that would refill your energy, but it was more like a glad smile, “Okay”

 

---

ollo!
So another update for Delinquenteens, yeay! It's not that long but I hope it sufficed.. And I felt like I owned you guys some chapters so I promise I will update as often as possible!

How's your holiday anyway, guys?

ouo ]