A Visit from a Friend

Delinquenteens

 

I randomly change the tv channels with the remote for God knows how long. It’s like the good program were all up and leaving only rubbish news and other inequality programs that shouldn’t be aired.

“This is so boring!” I said as I throw a pillow to the floor. Soonyoung oppa had gone to school which is why the room feels so empty right now. I wanted to call him but I know he’s in class. Or at least, I think so.

Finding out that there’s no good movies to watch about, I turned the tv off and pulled up the blanket. The oxygen wire were off already and I was only left with an IV on my right hand with some casts. I personally think that this is a good sign, but Seungcheol and Soonyoung keeps having this poker flat face when they saw how happy I was. Geez.

I turn my head to face the window already to get to sleep, but then there was a sound someone coming in. I sit up and stare at the door, “I thought you’re going to-.. W-What’re you doing here?”

He smiled, “Am I not suppose to come?”

“Oh um.. Sorry” I said as I cleared my throat “Sit, please”

He walks closer and take a seat. He then puts his bag down and take out a small box, “I brought you chocolate”

“Really?!” I said with twinkling eyes as I gladly take the box. I quickly unwrapped the cover, only to be welcomed by a box of God knows how many types of chocolate. Truffles, kisses, chocolate bars, everything was there. “Oh my.. I think I won’t be leaving this hospital soon..”

“Why’s that?”

“Because I’ll be diagnosed with diabetes as I finished this holy chocolates in a night”

He chuckles, which makes him show his pearly teeth, “Then don’t eat all of it in a night”

“How can I? I wouldn’t be able to resist myself to keep on taking a bite. And if I ever gained some weights, you better prepare yourself a grave yard, Doyoon-sshi

“Oh, so you’re being a scary girl, now? I thought you’re different than your brother” he said with an amused smile as he raised an eyebrow.

“No, I’m not scary. I’m just stating the truth” I said proudly as I open a kisses “Talking about my brother.. I thought you’re afraid of me that.. You know.. You wanted to just pretend that I’ve never existed or something”

“Well I was thinking to do that, but.. I think about your words that I shouldn’t be judging you by who your brother is so.. Here I am”

I was really touch on how honest he was and feeling like God had finally gives me some hope about my problems. I could finally find someone who would willingly hang out with me, even though he knows that my brother is the rebel of the school.

I was about to smile and celebrate our new friendship with a big hug, but then someone barged in as he opened the door with loud bangs. Our eyes turned to the person who was fuming in anger, “What the hell are you doing here, Doyoon?”

S-Seungcheol

“Get. Out. Now”

Doyoon quickly take his belongings and ready to get out, but I held him back, “No. You have no right to tell him to go, Seungcheol. I’m the one who’s sick here and he’s-..”

“Oh hell, I do have rights here, ___. I’m the one responsible for you and I don’t want that kid to be here” he said sternly as he gripped his backpack strap. His face was red in anger and if it was possible, I’m sure that there would be gas coming out of his ears. He stared at Doyoon with deathly glare and said, “If you don’t leave now, I will tell the boys to-..”

“Oh no, you won’t!” I cut him and tried to stood up, but failed miserably. If only Doyoon didn’t caught me on time, I would surely hit the floor harshly.

“What the hell were you trying to do, ___?!” Seungcheol shouted at me and pushed Doyoon away. He harshly carried me up to the bed and laid me, “Do you not know that you’re still weak from the accident?! The doctor strictly said that you can’t even move too much, and now you’re trying to stood up?! Are you out of your mind?!”

“Yes, I’m out of my mind! But at least, I’m not that crazy to beat a shiz out of someone’s pants for no reason, like you!” I shouted back as I pushed him away “Can’t you just see him as my new friend and stop bothering him?! I have no friends at all, Seungcheol! Not even one that would visit me in this kind of pitiful condition!”

“You have the Seventeen boys! You have me! You have Soonyoung! What else-..”

“Yeah, well can any of you be there when we were having lunch at school?!” I snapped him, making him to shut his mouth. He stared at me with disbelief eyes and backed off. I throw him light punches on the shoulder as tears start to stream down my cheek, “I’m a complete loner, Seungcheol.. I’d love to have a company who would always be there when I need them and I know the Seventeen boys were royal, but you guys were just.. You were not there when I needed you. I needed someone who would always hang with me, not only when we were at home”

“But we were doing this-..”

“For my protection, I know” I said as I cut him off “I don’t know what kind of protection are you guys talking about, but it’s surely not the thing I hoped for all of you to do. If only you could tell me what’s happening, Seungcheol..”

Seungcheol stared at me with that blanked eyes and said no word. He scanned my messed up face and asked me the most shocking question of all, “Do you believe me better as your brother, or your new friend here that you don’t even know a damn about him?”

I stared at him with disbelief eyes, “S-Seungcheol, what are you talking about?”

“Do you believe in me to protect you better, or would you just pick this dude to be your friend? But if you choose the last option, then don’t ever count me as your brother anymore

“Seungcheol!”

He look at me with flat expression and turned his head to meet Doyoon who had been quiet all along. He turned back at me and nodded, “Okay, if that’s what you want. I hope you have the best friend you could ever ask for”

***

It was late evening already and Doyoon was still here. He wanted to get home as long as Seungcheol left us, but I told him to stay. I needed someone to lean in at that time, and he was the only person I could ask the favor to.

We were talking about small chit chats but it was enough to lightened up the mood and made me feel a lot better. He was never the guy you expected to have jokes and be funny, but he has this aura that would obviously make anyone feel calm and warm when he’s around.

He was showing me this one video from his phone when someone comes in. He had a plastic bag of food on his right hand while his left was still holding the door knob, probably shocked at the scene he was seeing. He cleared his throat and take a step closer inside, “How do you feel?”

“A lot better” I said with my flat expression. I have no idea how to react and I know that Seungcheol must’ve spilled everything out already. And the fact that Doyoon was still here might even make it a lot worst than before.

“Good to hear that” he smiled a little before turning his head to Doyoon, “I brought some food. You must be starving, right?”

“Yeah” Doyoon nodded at him as he stood up “But I’m fine, don’t worry”

“No, I bought these for you” he said as he handed him the plastic bag. Doyoon was shaking his head as he tried to politely denied to food, but he keeps on forcing him to take it. Most likely to tell him out of the room, “Please, I insist”

Doyoon slowly take the plastic bag as he finally get the message. He turned his head to me and smiled, “I’ll be back later, okay?”

I nodded in respond and in no time, he had left the room, making it to feel so quiet and empty even when there were 2 people in it.

I take a glance at him who was staring down at me, not taking the seat. I wasn’t sure what he was feeling or what would he say, but I’m starting to brace myself if the worst thing happened. I need to take the full responsibility on what thing I’ve ‘choosed’, even if it includes breaking up with him.

He finally sit down as he gently pats my head and my hair. He stare at me gently and it was getting hard for me to read his expression. He was acting all calm which makes me even more scared of him. Seeing him to burst up in anger was a lot better than to look at his gentle side, like this.

“Seungcheol hyung told me about everything” he started “..and I’ve only heard from his side only. Now I wanted to hear you version of the story too, so could you please tell me what happened ?”

I sighed a little and take a big breath before telling him ‘my version’ of today’s story. I told him about how Doyoon came in and accompanied me when I was so lonely. I told him that I was feeling happy when I know that someone was there to visit me but the Seventeen boys. I told him that I was feeling comfortable to talk with him. I told him everything. I know he could control his emotion way better than Seungcheol does, but his blank eyes yet calm expression was making me nervous as each words come out of my mouth. What would he do when I finished my story?

I lowered my head as my story is getting closer and closer to its end. I was too afraid to see his eyes and too scared to imagine what would happen if he didn’t react to what I was expecting him to be.

He let out a sigh as I finished my story. I played with my fingers as nervousness starts to climb up to my spine. The room was too quiet that it took some time for him to speak out and let out some words, “Are you happy with him?”

“Of course, I am. I mean, he’s the only friend I have, right now. But-.. Wait, you’re not thinking that I like him the way I like you, right Soonyoung?”

He smiled a little and messed my hair, “Of course”

“Good. Cause I don’t want you to misunderstand things and ended up like Seungcheol”

“How did Seungcheol hyung ended up, anyway?” he chuckled “And besides, I wouldn’t mind it if you like him the way you like me or what. If you’re happy with it, then why not? I haven’t been a very good boyfriend recently, anyway. So-..”

I glared sternly at him, “Stop. Don’t talk in such words”

“What, I was just stating the-..”

“I said, stop” I said and eyed him “Do you know that you’re acting all jerky like Seungcheol did this afternoon? Only that you’re using the calmer version and stuffs. But still, please stop. I don’t want you to end up, asking me who would I choose between you and Doyoon”

“Why? If I ever ask you that, who would you choose?”

“Soonyoung, stop” I whined as I covered my face with a pillow “It’s enough choosing for a day”

He smiled a little and take the pillow away. He pulled me up to my sitting position and surprisingly, he kissed me. He placed an arm around my waist and gently pulled me closer to him. I was dragged down to the moment as his kiss was getting deeper but it was still gentle and passionate one.

After a few moment, he backed off and gasped for air. He was panting but that smile never leaves his handsome face. He kissed my forehead and hugged me, “If I ever ask you on who to choose and if you ever choose him over me, I would never complain and would fully respect your decision. If he could make you happy, better than I do. If he could be the one for you to lean on. If he could be the person you always needed, then I’ll be happy to see you smiling with him”

No..

“Stop it! You know how I hate it when you compare yourself to someone else, oppa” I said with a pout

I was about to scold him again, but then someone knocked on the door. We thought that it was Doyoon oppa and Soonyoung sighed at the disturbance, but as the person poked his head in, he changed his body gesture, “May I help you?”

“Oh yes.. I got a bouquet for.. Ms Choi ___?”

“Oh, that’s me” I said with a smile to the guy “A bouquet? Who from?”

“I don’t know miss. You can check if there’s any card inside”

The man bowed once more before exiting my room. I stared at the bouquet with a confused look. It was an orchid. Who might send me this? The only close friend I have now is the Seventeen boys and they know exactly that I don’t like orchid. The only kind of flower I like is red rose.

Wait.. How bout Doyoon oppa?

Naah, he won’t be having the time to buy a bouquet when he’s with me all the time. He’s out for dinner and if he really does buy me any, he should’ve just give me in person, right?

“Who’s it from?” Soonyoung asked as he smiled at me.

“I-I don’t know.. No cards here..” I said as I pout “Oh wait, here it is!”

I quickly place the bouquet on my lap and open the card. It was a simple white card with small pink-ish love sign in front of it. Soonyoung was eyeing me with an uneasy look. Jealous much, eh?

 “Hey, ___-ah!” I said as I read it “I’m sorry that I can’t visit you, even when I really want to.. And I also know that we’re not that close or anything, but I hope that this bouquet could pay it all up. It’s not much, but I hope you like it. Get well real soon”

“Whom did you say it was from?”

“I didn't say any.. There’s no name on it” I said as I check the card once more “But there’s a sign here.. 93? What’s 93?”

Soonyoung shrugged. He’s as oblivious as I am. I mean, who could it be? The only people knows that I’m sick were the Seventeen boys and Doyoon oppa only, so who else could give me this bouquet?

I mean, they are the only one who knows.. Right?

 

---

 

Hey guys! Another chapter for the week haha No? You're not excited about it? Oh okay

*sobs

 

So anyway.. Has anyone seen the latest update of Nu'est? ARON DYED HIS HAIR BLONDE AND REN DYED HIS HAIR RED-ISH!

OMG I can't stop fangirling over them! I mean, I honestly can't stop swooning over Pledis artists in general, but still.. 

 

So anyway, can you guess who sent the bouquet is? I think I'm making it too obvious already haha 

*wink wink]