Fishy

Delinquenteens

 

I purposely throw my tray of food down and let out a big ‘pang’ voice to echoed around the cafeteria. I don’t care how scary or weird I look like right now, but I was seriously in the worst mood. Everything went wrong today. As in, everything. It’s not Friday the thirteenth, right? Then why am I having this much of bad lucks?!

“What’re you staring at?!” I yelled at a group of kids who were staring at me from their table. They bowed apologetically and left the table with murmurs of ‘I’m sorry’ or ‘we won’t bother you’ or worse, ‘please don’t hurt us’. What the heck is wrong with these kids?!

I messed my hair in stress and take out a hair bend, making a messy bun. I stared at my tray of food but my appetite went away with no trace when early this morning, I was really hungry since I didn’t have dinner last night and I was in a rush this morning that I didn’t even had the time to make some toasts.

I look at my watch and let out a small sigh. Around 3 more hours for school to end and it already feels like hell here. How can it not? The first day of school and I just known that my brother and his group is actually the baddest and most fearful group at school. Incredible.

Not to mention my boyfriend was in it too.

The bad lucks didn’t stop there. I think, since the students saw that Chan came to me and kissed my cheek this morning, they’re thinking that Chan and I have this ‘love bonding’ or at least, we’re close to each other. Close to each other. Well that’s true but saying that I’m as scary as the Seventeen boys turns out to, was a whole different story.

I know I should’ve make friends on my first day of school but the kids seem to really have a phobia of me and they’re keep on trying to avoid me. Everytime I’m walking on the corridor, they would bow at me like I’m the teacher or something.

Trust me, it’s so annoying!

I was too caught up in my thoughts about how awful today had been that I didn’t realize the cafeteria went quiet again. My gaze moves to the noises, coming in from the cafeteria’s door. Again, the Seventeen boys were walking in like nothing’s happening and just completely ignore enjoy the sight of the kids, feeling scared of them.

My brother was walking ahead of them and he was scanning the whole cafeteria, looking for me, I guess. We exchanged glances and he let out a small smirk as he saw me, sitting alone in this massive oval table like a loner. Very funny, brother.

I turned my stare to a boy who was taking someone else’s food which I reckon to be a Choco Pie. The boy scold the poor kid until he gave his whole lunch to him. He was grinning like a kid getting a big red balloon, but then another kid which was the tallest one of all came and wishpered to the boy. He points at me with his index finger and like magic, the other boy nodded and gave back the poor kid’s lunch with small whines and big frown.

I was about to look away when I saw him, again, walking on the last row of the group with his hands on his pockets. He was scanning through the cafeteria like Seungcheol did but he did it more secretly. Almost like he wasn’t looking at all, but I know him better than that.

I met up with his eyes and he smiled a little. He didn’t give this funny look like Seungcheol did. In fact, he show me this pitiful look like he wanted to just sit next to me and have lunch together but something was holding him back for sure, and I don’t know what it is.

Come to me.. Come to me.. Or at least, wave at me..

I keep on repeating that ‘magic spell’ under my breath but he didn’t budged to take a step closer. In stead, he was pulled away by the derp King, Seokmin, and all of them were now sitting far enough from my table that I could barely see their heads.

I let out a small sigh as I realized how much of a loner I actually am at the moment, but then my phone vibrated.

Meet me at the back garden after school.

***

I pushed the rusting gate as I walk to the back garden. It looks like it was the abandoned part of the school since it was dark when it was actually shining bright outside, and there were loads of dust here and there. It was a bit hard to walk since there were so many trashes, but he clearly said that he’s waiting at the back garden and I really can’t wait to demand explanations from him.

“Hello?” I said as I actually got the the real part of the back garden. I look around but there was no sign of living thing around. I puckered my lips in a pout, I thought he said the back garden..

I walk around the fountain that’s working properly. It was beautiful for something that’s labeled as ‘abandoned’ but the fact that the surface was green by algae was a real pity. The other part of the garden was beautiful and it clearly show that someone’s taking care of the place. The roses were blooming, white and red. The place was having enough tensity of brightness and warmth that it actually feel nice to just stand there for a while.

“Hey baby” someone said in my ear and I could feel a pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist. He snuggled closer to the crook of my neck and buried his face on my long brunette hair. “I missed you so bad”

“Well if you really do, then you should’ve at least talked to me” I said as I turned around to see him. I fold my hands on my chest and glare at him, demanding his explanations.

He let out a small sigh and looked down, “I know.. I’m sorry.. It’s just that.. Things are getting too hard nowadays. With you, moving to this school, it didn’t help at all”

“Oh, so you’re saying that it’s a bad thing that I moved to this school?”

“No, not that!” he quickly cut me “I love it to be in the same school with you. I really do. To see you everyday, see your smile every morning and have the chance everyday to walk you home was everything I could ever ask for. But things didn’t come quite as planned..”

I was waiting for his further explanation but he only sighed and look down. Clearly showing that he doesn’t want to bring up the problem now. Just not now, I guess..

I cleared my throat to reduce the awkwardness between us and walk aroud the fountain. My finger trace around the curve of it. Slightly admiring how beautiful it is. “So.. Out of all spots in this school, why here? Why the abandoned garden?”

“I just have the feeling that no one would follow us here”

“You tell me” I said as I stare at him. He let out a small chuckle and followed me from behind. “But seriously, why here? You know that this is the first day of school and finding this hidden place wasn’t that easy for someone who’s being an outcast”

His smile fell down as I mention the word, outcast. Well what can I do? That’s what I really feel today and he’s the only one that I wanted to talk with right now, remembering that my own brother turns to be the most annoying pants of all.

“I’m sorry..” he said and take my right hand that’s been holding the outer line of the fountain. He squeezed it a little and showed an apologetic eyes. Now that we’re close, I can really see that he’s having this black panda eyes.

“What’s wrong with your eyes?” I asked worriedly as I placed my hands on the side of his face, cupping it so that I could see it clearer how black his eyes had got. “Did someone did it to you?”

“What’re you talking about? I’m just lacking in sleep” he said and put my hands down. “I’m fine, don’t worry”

“But your eyes..”

“Hey babe, don’t you think the roses are just pretty?” he cut me and walk to the bushes of rose “I planted them myself since I know you like roses”

I smiled a little, feeling touched about the roses. But I can’t ignore the feling that the’s hiding something from me. Something so big and bothersome that he wanted to act like it wasn’t there when I know so well that he’s the kind of guy who would take care of any problems in a blink of an eye and get it all done right on that instance.

I stood next to him who was squatting down to the bushes level. He stood up and face me. We stare at each other for God knows how long and didn’t even bother to speak up. I examine his tired eyes, smaller cheeks and his innocent smile. How could he still smile like that when he’s surely hiding something?

He tucked some of my hair strands and let out a small sigh, “We should get back. I’ll walk you home, okay?”

***

“Just about time you get home! Where have you-.. Oh”

“Yeah, oh” I said as I purposely walk passed my brother with a bump on his shoulder. I turn around to face him and showed a genuine smile, “I’ll go wash up first. Don’t get home before I get out, okay?” I ordered. He nodded like an obedient kid and smiled. I smiled in acknowledgement and walk to my room.

After placing my bag on the bed, I walk myself to the toilet to get a long warm shower. I wanted to get relaxed a bit and just simply forget about whatever happened at school today.

I the hot water and stood there, trying to imagine that my burden were flashed away as the water dripped down my body.

Forget it, ___.. Forget it all..

I sighed after what feels for an eternity on the shower and turn the water off. The coldness of the air immediately met my skin and I shivered a little after the sudden change of temperature. I covered myself with a towel and change into pajamas in no time.

My hair was still dripping wet but I know that he’s still waiting for me outside and it’s getting dark. It’s not like he’s a coward man (the fact that he looked like a badass kid at school didn’t show it anyway) or anything, but I still wouldn’t have the heart to keep him too late that he’ll need to get home alone in the empty street. No matter how brave it is, it’s still dangerous for someone to get home alone on the dark.

I was about to walk out of my room but then I heard their conversation,

“.. But what can we do, hyung? It won’t help her at all, I know it”

“Well do you have any better ideas?! God please, having her in our school was already a real big threat! Not only to us, to Seventeen, but to her too! Now that they know that she’s close to us, they would hurt her too!”

Hurt me too? What are they talking about? Who’s going to hurt me?

“But doing it wouldn’t help at all, hyung. It’s only a matter of time that they would find out about her. Heck, it’s only a matter of time too that she’ll discover who we really are!”

“I don’t care how fast it’ll be, but I’ll do anything to cover up this mess from her and you better swear on your name to do so, too”

I put my ear to the door but there was no voices coming out again. It’s like their discussion is finished already with a hanging final. What was they talking about anyway? Who’s hurting?

I figured that they won’t continue their discussion so I just walk out of the room and act like I didn’t hear anything. I sit next to him and showed an innocent smile. He smiled back at me and take the small towel I was holding and gently dry my hair, “Had a nice shower?”

“Yeah, it was fine” I said with a shrugged. I can see from the corner of my eyes that Seungcheol was looking away when he usually scold us everytime we’re doing lovey dovey in front of him. His face was red in anger and his hair was really messed up. I’ve never seen him so helpless before, but I know that if I ask what’s going on, he’ll only turn into a beast and throw things here and there.

“Baby, can you get us some drinks? We’ve been craving to have some for quite some time” he said with a warm smile. I only nodded and walk to the kitchen with eyes still glued on my frustrated brother. What has gotten into him?

In no time, I walk back with two glass of orange juice on my hands. I put the glass down to the table. He thanked me and drank it empty in a sec. He was sure to be thirsty after the discussion, wasn’t he?

“I think I need to get home now” he said and stood up. “I’ll see you tomorrow at school, okay?”

I nodded and smiled at him when he kissed my forehead. He bid goodbye to Seungcheol too but my brother was too caught up on his mind that he didn’t react at all and keep on spacing out. I wanted to snap him out but he forbid me as he shake his head in disapproval.

I walk him out of the house and bid him goodbye before he’s out of the sight. I stare at the empty road and think about the discussion I accidentally over heard. What’s happening actually?

---

[Hey guys! Sooo, how’s the chapie? A bit long, eh? But I’m very happy to write it since he’s appearing a lot and being all romantic in this chapter! Don’t you think so?

Talking about he.. Has anyone figured out who he is? If you haven’t I’ll give you another hints;

  • Definitely not Seungkwan since he was the one who take someone else’s lunch and your boyfriend would never do that, even when he’s being the baddest kid on school.
  • Not Mingyu since he’s not the tallest kid on Seventeen. But he’s tall, I’m telling you.
  • Definitely not Seokmin since he was the one who pulled your boyfriend away on the cafeteria

So how’s that? That’s about 6 hints from the previous chapter. Can anyone guessed who he is? Kkk]