Ditching Date

Delinquenteens

 

“Wait!”

“Quick! We have to hurry before the security finds us!”

“But I-.. Ouch!”

“Oh come on, we have to finish this, fast!”

“But it’s hurting! God, it’s too big!”

“Man, it’s too tight!”

“Why are you blaming me?! It’s not like I want to-.. Ah, wait it hurts!”

“I’m being as gentle as I can!”

“But it’s still hurting! God, ah ah wait stop!”

“Shh! Keep your voice down low! We’ll got caught, if you keep on screaming like that!”

“Well I can’t help it! It’s too hurting!”

I was sweating hard and I can see from his forehead that drops of sweat were beginning to fall down. His eyes were really concentrating on my part of body and I know he was being really gentle but it I still can’t help but to feel pain on my lower part.

Oh no, wait..

“Aah, it’s coming out!”

“I told you to keep it down low!” he said as he keeps on his determined face “God, it’s really really tight”

“Ouch ouch! Oh my God, careful!”

“I am!”

“But it’s still hurting!”

“Well what do you expect?!”

“Wait, it’s coming out!”

“It is! Now would you please volume your voice down so I can concentrate on it better?! Geez, it’s too tight!”

“Well I can’t imagine to have a bigger one, to be honest!” I said in my sarcasm word as I tried to held the pain in. It was stinging hard and I know that it would be really sore. Leaving some marks here and there that I’m sure that I wouldn’t be able to walk without limping tomorrow.

With one big push, he finally got it done. That part of body was really red and it was twitching in pain. He on the other hand, slomped down on the ground next to me and I can really hear him trying to catch his breath. I stare at him who was now a bucket of sweat. He stood up and examined me, “Exactly why should your leg got stuck on the whole when we’re on our mission to ditch school?”

Got’cha..

***

I walk with a limp as we exited the school. I was half bare foot since my shoes were left on the whole that I got stuck on. The shoes were too big, which is why I tightened the lace. But to my bad lucks, I got stuck on a hole and since the shoes were too big, it didn’t came out easily. I tried to just kick the shoes off but the lace were too tight that my right leg actually got stuck for more than 30 minutes.

Way to go on your first ditch of school, ___..

I stare down at my ankle and the surface of the socks around it was torn from how hard he tried to pull me ankle out. It was really red and stinging in pain, which is why I’m starting to limp right now.

“Wear these” he said and handed me his shoes. “I’ll wear your shoe”

“What? No way”

He sighed, “But your ankle’s hurting already!”

“Exactly! If I wear your shoes, then you’ll get hurt for wearing a too smalled shoe, eventually! If both of us got hurt, then what’s the use of ditching school, now?”

He twitched his eyebrow as he thought about it and sighed, “Yeah, you get the point” he kneeled down and wear his shoes again. Done with lacing his shoes, he didn’t stood up. Instead, he squat down with his back facing me, “If you won’t wear my shoes, then at least let me piggy back ride you until we found you a new pair of shoes”

“B-But..”

He looked back and showed me his stern look from his small eyes, “Now”

“You’re annoying” I said as I hoped on his back. He held my legs protectively, avoiding me to fall down. I put my arms around his shoulder and inhale his masculine scent. His back was so warm that when the wind blew, I just want to close my eyes and drift off to Dreamland.

I didn’t know how far he has been walking since I was too busy caught up in the comfy position until he broke the silent, “Babe, I think you need to cut your Choco Pie snacks”

“What?!”

I slapped his shoulder loudly that my hand got red but he only chuckled. I was frowning bad and keep on slapping his shoulder but it only make him chuckle even more.”You’re being heavier when you’re hitting me shoulder, you know”

“That’s it. Put me down”

“Um, no”

“Put me down!” I said as I begin to kick things around and throw small punches on his shoulder. I was whining like a 5 years old girl and I can see people were starting to stare at us, looking how weird it is for a couple of High Schooler, walking around in school time with their uniform and the girl was only wearing one shoe.

“___, stop moving around! You’ll fall!”

“I don’t care! Put me down, right in this instance!”

“No”

“Mister, I order you to put me down,now!”

“Sorry, no can’t do, Ma’am”

“God, put me down now!”

“Stop struggling! You’re making it harder for me to keep balance!”

And he was right. Righ after he said it, he stumbled upon some rock and he almost fell flat on the cold ground. Good thing that his agility was good enough to keep him standing.

He turn his head and I can see from his side that he was glaring at me for moving too much. I showed an innocent grin and dust off his shoulder, “Sorry”

“Yeah, sorry” he snorted and continued walking “We should really get you a pair of shoes soon”

I pouted at his words. Was I really that heavy to be carried off?

“No, you’re not heavy”

Did he just read my mind?!

“Yes, ___. I just read your mind”

“God, you’re creepy!” I said as I slapped his shoulder. He only let out an amused laughter which makes me pouts even more. How can he turn into this kind of paranormal dude?! What’s happening here?!

“I’m not creepy. I’m your one and only boyfriend”

“You know I wasn’t going on that kind of topic”

“Yeah, but it makes sense, right? And, oh!” he didn’t finsihed his words but he speed up his pace to this one lady who were selling these painted shoes on the park naerby. “Excuse me, but how much are these?”

“Oh, this are for orphan donation, dear. You can pay as much as you want on that small box”

Donation?

“Oh.. We’ll take two pairs, please” he said and put me down on the pedestrian side. I take a seat on the ground as I watch the old lady preparing her drawing stuffs. Paints, brushes, pallets, everything was there. It’s like you’re watching someone painting a rainbow over a storm.

“What do you want me to draw, dear?”

He look at me with a questioning face, asking for my opinion when I actually had none. Whatever it is, I’ll absolutely treasure the shoes since it was our first couple thing and I can really careless about the drawing on it, to be honest.

“Up to you, ahjumma” I said politely with a smile. She wasn’t that old for a lady but she surely have wrinkles on her face but it didn’t decrease any of her beauty. I can tell she was someone who loves to smile from her eyes and I bet she’s one of those good person on dramas if we were a movie.

“Oh please dear, choose one. It would loss its magic if the drawing wasn’t base on the person’s wish”

Magic?

“Oh um.. I think.. I think leopard pattern would look cute”

“Leopard?”

“Yeah, I mean.. His birthday present from me was a leather jacket with leopard pattern on the sleeves, so when I wear the shoes, I’ll always remember him. Right, oppa?” I look up at him who was looking down at the shoes. He nodded in agreement and smiled.

“Leopard pattern, it is”

***

I grinned ear to ear as I walk with our new paired shoes. It was full color but it wasn’t exaggerating. It was just fine, I think. And I know, he was happy with his new shoes too since his eyes keep on disappearing from smiling, here and there.

Satisfied with our shoes, we continued our ditching date and grabbed some bite on the restaurant he was talking about. It was just as perfect as he said, the taste was so good that I feel like I’ve tasted the best cheesecake ever but the price was so low that I promise to myself that I’ll spend all of my money someday to just buy the chef and make him bake me cheesecake everyday.

Done with our meals, we continued walking around the park and bought some ice cream. The whole date was paid by him since I forgot to bring my wallet which is very stupid since I’m feeling really bad for him to pay it all up, but that he would only say, ‘I’m just trying to be a gentleman here. No need to feel bad or anything, babe’

We enjoyed our ice cream on the empty swing and talk about ourselves. It was nothing special since we saw each other everyday now, but it was still interesting for me to find new facts about him like how he loves it when I smell like a fresh baked cake from my perfume, or how he was no different than my brother when it come to strictness, or how amusing it is to hear his dreams and how determined he is to approach them.

The more he talks about himself, the more I realized that he’s very similar to Seungcheol, only that he could maintain his anger a lot better than my brother. But the rest of his character was the exact same as my brother and it feels weird actually. It’s like I’m dating my own brother, only that he was a lot better version than Seungcheol.

“I think we should start going now. I don’t want your brother to cook me alive for walking you home late when he knows that we ditched school”

“He knows?” I said as I stood up from the swing and dust off my skirt “How?”

“Well, let’s just say.. He has his spies around us”

I chuckled at his words and gladly take his arm as we walked away from the swing. We were about to get across the street when he suddenly let go of my hand and scanned his pocket. “What is it?”

“I think I lost my wallet..”

“What? How?!” I said panickly as I helped him scan his school bagpack “Where did you put it?”

“I put it on my pocket after I paid for our ice cream” he said as he look at me “God, this is bad..”

I nodded.

“.. How can I walk you home if we don’t even have money to buy a train ticket?!”

Oh my.

“Oppa your wallet is missing and you’re still worried on how to walk me home?! Your credit card was there! Your money was there! Everything was there!”

Now he looked more panicked, “You’re right! Our first photo booth picture was there too!”

Oh boy.. I thought as I mentally face palmed myself. “Can you please stop thinking about those and just concentrate on where your wallet might be at?! We can take another picture on our other dates. Right now, your wallet is the most important one”

“Why? I can earn money again, don’t I? My credit cards? I could just blockade it when I get home. But our picture was the most valuable one cause it was our first selca together without Seungcheol hyung, having to torn it in pieces like any other pictures before!”

I rolled my eyes. Man, this boy can be really stubborn when it gets to our relationship matter, can’t he?! I mean, it’s just a photo! Compare to every other thing on his wallet, it was actually the least thing that I could ever be worried about. We can just easily take another picture and keep it like the last one, but his money and his credit cards? I bet his mom is going to scold him to death from Japan.

“Okay, you know what? You’re right. How are we going to get home without a single penny on our pocket” I said and rubbed my temple “This is so not one of my days..”

“Does your phone work?”

I checked on it, “Nope. Battery drained”

“Damn, so does my phone..”

“How are we going to get home, then?”

He looks around as he walks back in forth, thinking s his eyebrows twitched. He placed his right hand on his chin and put on that Einstein looking face as he tried to figure out a way. I watched him with a raised eyebrow as his face suddenly change bright and take out his portable speaker. “We need to earn money. You bring your iPod, right?”

I nodded, “Yeah.. But how are we going to get money from it? I’m not going to sell it, just so you know”

“We won’t sell it, silly” he said with an amused chuckle “We’re going to use it to dance”

What?!

***

He placed the speaker on the center of the field and put his backpack down, getting ready to dance. Me on the other hand, was looking dumb founded at him. Has he lost his mind or what?!

“Are you not going to help me earn money?”

I shake my head.

“Oh come on. I won’t earn any pennies if I dance alone. I need a partner!”

“Yeah well, just pick a random girl here and ask them to dance with you. I bet it would be more interesting to just randomly grab someone from the crowd and ask them to dance with you”

He raised an eyebrow, “You want me to dance with other girl rather than you are? Are you sure?”

I look at him with disbelief eyes. Did he just teased me, right now?!

“Come on, I need you to get some money so we can get home soon” he said with a chuckle as he pulled me and placed my bag down “I know you can dance. I watched you perform on your old school, didn’t I? I bet you’ll be just fine”

I let out a desperate sigh, “What song?”

He held his fist up and yelled ‘yes!’ to the air. He runs to the speaker and scanned down the songs from the iPod. His frown then turn into a smile as I think he picked a song already and runs quickly to me. He stood next to me with a big grin and I can feel that people were starting to stare at us.

I take a moment to listen to the song better and as the sound get louder, my eyes got widen. “Really?! Call me maybe?!”

“Can’t help it. You know that the choreo was so cute and I’ve been wanting to do the dance with you. So what would be a better opportunity dance to dance with you now?”

I was about to complain but the song started and I know it’s our time to dance. I’ve never really dance to this song but I watched the choreo of Kyle Hanagami and I know that he was aiming for that choreo.

I was a bit too slow on the moves but I quickly caught up with him and in no time, we were dancing in sync. People were starting to stop and watched as. Some of them were already clapping for us when the song was barely on it’s middle part.

You’re stare was holding.

Ripped jeans, skin was showing.

Hot night wind was blowing.

Where you think you’re going, baby?

We got the the chorus part where we need to do this body wave. I was literally facepalming from the move but he seems to be enjoying it as he grin wide at the audience who were now cheering for us. I was embarrassed at first, but the clapping and cheering makes me forget about the shameful move and just let me enjoy the dance with him.

It’s hard to look right, at you baby.

But here’s my number, so call me maybe?

The last verse was played and I was in the edge of victory from this shameful dance. I was really happy when the song was about to end, but then just before it got off, he pecked my cheek which makes me widen my eyes and made the crowd to cheer even more.

I was blushing so mad and I was positive that my face was even redder than a tomato. I stood there, dumb founded and he starts to pick the money from the audience. Some of them were giving us these pieces of money papers that I know has a big amount of money. An old lady even pecked on his cheek as she placed her money on the small box he was walking around with. He didn’t complain, but his face was really priceless when the grandma kiss her.

I laughed at the scene and soon, the audience left. I sit on the grass and take a rest. The dance wasn’t that energetic but it was summer here and it’s getting really hot that I think I’ve drained all of my energy in one dance.

“You’re not gonna believe how much we earned from the dance..” he said as he picked up the box “It’s enough for us to buy 2 new pairs of shoes, eat 5 plates of cheesecake and get home with train!”

“You’re kidding me!”

I squealed in happiness as I saw how much of money we earned. It was a lot, as in a lot. I didn’t know that just by dancing like that we could earn this much of money. I thought we would only earned a few pennies but this was far than my imagination.

“Hey babe, I think I know what should we do to earn money when we’re married”

“What’s that?”

“Dance”

---

[OMG he dances! Lmao at  the scene cause I thing it’s too exaggerating, but.. I hope you guys like it! Kkk~

And yeah, I know that I said I’ll blurting out who the ‘he’ is but I think it’s not that bad to keep the secrete a little bit longer than the plan, eh? I mean, the end for this wait is coming really soon that I’m sure you guys would rolled your eyes once you know who he is and mentally shouted, ‘I knew it! I knew it all along!’

And on the first scene of the chapter, did I get you back then? What did you think they were doing, eh? Kkk~

Oh! And did anyone watched the Geurilla Broadcast today?! I can’t help but to scan over the boys’s new hair cuts. God, Seungcheol got really cut with it, isn’t he? And Mingming’s piercing made him.. I can express it with words, lol. Oh, and did you see Soonyoung with his cap again? Aigoo, that boy is a super cutie, isn’t he?

And I can’t help but to notice that our Jihoon changed his hair color again.. Might want to remind him that changing hair color to often would cause an early baldness *slapped]