Lunchmate for me, Enemy for you

Delinquenteens

 

 “Good morning”

“Morning” I greeted awkwardly and take a sip of my lemon tea. Seungcheol’s confession last night was still something to be think about. Why did he mentioned that he would die, just to see me protected? What’s happening? Why do I feel so lost?

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. He eyed me from head to toe and I bet my spacing out was really obvious that he had this confused look on his face.

“Um, nothing” I lied “Are you going to fetch me to school today?”

He nodded, “Of course. We go to the same school anyway. Might as well fetch my little sister there. You know, just to make sure you’re safe”

Again with that topic..

“ .. But I’ll drop you on a few blocks away. I don’t want the kids to see us together.”

You don’t say.

“Why not?” I carefully asked as I tried to loosen the tension on my shoulders by biting my toast. I’m getting a bit paranoid with the word ‘safe’ and ‘protect’ right now, and it’s really disturbing to see Seungcheol trying to hide his stress to himself. I feel like I wanted to shout to him on the face, saying ‘Hey, I’m your sister and I can help!’

“Because I don’t want the kids to see us together”

***

“You’re kidding me, right?” I said as I throw him my glare. We were stopping at this one dark alley that looks really scary and shows that it’s somehow, home of hobos and rapists.

“I’m not” Seungcheol said and unbuckle my seatbelt. He open the door and urged me to get off the car with his chin, “This is as far as I can get. The school’s not that far but it would take some time to get there, too. So I suggest, you better get off and begin walking. The school doesn’t tolerate late students”

“Oh, so now you care about the school rules?”

“I don’t, but you should”

I stare at him with disbelief eyes and grabbed my bag in a harsh way. Not caring if it hit him or anything. I slammed the door shut and before I walk away, I said to him from the window, “If Mom or Dad knows about this, you’re so dead”

“Mom and Dad are not here” he said sternly and the look on his face turned into a stiff one. He look back to the road and I can see his knuckles becoming white from the tight grip he was doing to the wheel. “You better start going. It’s getting late”

My shoulder defleated as I realize how stiffen up my brother is and how he clenched his jaw. I don’t know what I did wrong but it surely make him mad. Mad as if I’ve almost got myself expelled from the school or something but I know, it was a whole bigger matter than that.

I cleared my throat and poked my head in from the window, “I’ll see you in school, okay?”

He didn’t reply and keep on starring at the road. His grip from the wheel was still tight and the muscles on his hands were starting to show. His jaw was still clenched and his breath was still uneven, trying to control his anger.

“Drive carefully, okay?” I said, trying to get his attention but he didn’t move an inch. “Love you.. Seungcheol oppa..”

Now that caught his attention..

He looked at me for a moment and I could only smile at my brother, sincerely. The look on his eyes were changed and it looked calm and soft. His expression was meaningful and soon, his lips turn into a small curve. “I’ll see you later”

And with that, he left..

***

School was really boring and the fact that I’ve made 0 friends up until now was actually making it worse. I was expecting for the Seventeen boys to at least be my friends or just simply wave at me when we walk pass through each other but the only thing I receive was glare and arrogant image as if they don’t know me at all. Especially Seungcheol. He walked passed me like we don’t know each other when he was fetching me to school today. When he confessed his feeling last night. When he’s actually my biological brother.

He didn’t show any affection either. I tried to smile at him but he only stare at me and continued his pace, walking through the corridor like I was no one. On another time, I tried to walk to him on his locker and gave him his papers that fell down from his books. He gladly take the papers with smile, but his expression soon darken and he hurriedly take his books away and slammed the locker door, walking away from me.

I was really confused on what game the Seventeen boys were playing with, but it surely has something hidden, so I tried to play around. I wanted to ask them what’s happening but I’m 100% percent sure that none of them would speak up and spill it out. Instead, they would lie to me and I’m sure it would only hurt more when I actually find out the truth so I figured, maybe I should just stay silent and wait for the right time to come so that they’ll voluntarily spill it.

So here I am, as usual, eating lunch alone on this massive table like an Alien or something. I don’t mind with the kids’s stare anymore since I figured, if there was a girl sitting alone in the cafeteria like she’s positive of Alien decease or something, I would obviously stare at her too.

I munched down my salad quietly as I stare at the Seventeen’s table from afar and suddenly, I felt someone, sitting right next to me and placed down his tray. “Good afternoon, sweetness”

God, why him again.

“Hey Aron” I said with my uninterested tone and keep on muching my salad. I was trying to show how bothersome his presence is as I purposely crunched my chips in a loud sound so that he could see how annoyed I am, but he chuckled about it.

“You’re really cute, you know that?”

I mentally rolled my eyes, but I only showed him a sheepish smile, “Thanks”

I can hear the students to whispered to each other as they stare at me. Some even shamelessly points at us with their finger, thinking that I won’t see it? Psh, even a blind kid can see that clearly.

“Why’re you eating all alone, here?” Aron asked as he placed a piece of bulgogi meat to his mouth. “I thought you’re the all new School’s doll, so why so lonely?”

I let out a half hearted chuckle and slapped his shoulder playfully, “Trust me, I’m asking the same question, myself” I saw his ears getting a bit red as the sudden skinship so I placed my hand down and placed them on my blazer pocket again. I cleared my throat and tried to talk about another topic, “Where are your friends?”

“Oh they’re still busy with their own business” Aron shrugged and continued eating. I only nod in acknowledgement and looked down to my food again. Soon, we were eating to our food quietly since I honestly don’t know what to say and I think this whole outcast idea had been getting into my nerves that it actually make me uncomfortable to sit with someone during lunch.

I was about to placed another spoon of my salad, but then my phone vibrated. It was a text, either from him or from Seungcheol since I put a special ringtone for them. I peeked at it and saw the ID, it was from Seungcheol.

Get out from that table, now.

I raised an eyebrow as I read the text and look at his table. Our gaze met and he was looking at me with those angry eyes again. I was really confused about what’s going on. Why would he tell me to get away from the table when I’m finally having someone to actually sit with on lunch?

I ignored the text and put it back on my blazer, but it wasn’t even a 30 second moment that my phone vibrated once more.

Get out from that table or I’ll smash that table right in this instance.

I was more confused on his texts and look at him again. He didn’t move an inch from the last time our gaze met and in fact, his eyes were getting redder from anger and I know he was really mad at that time. I was scared, I admit, but I can’t just move away from the table when Aron’s is kindly sit next to me right now.

I figured that I should just pretend like I didn’t saw him and continued munching my salad. I mean, he never even greeted me once in this school, so he must never have the gut to come here and slammed the table down in pieces. I don’t know why, but I’m starting to think that he was doing it for his pride as the ‘baddest kid in school’ and I bet, he would do nothing to harm his reputation.

My phone vibrated again and I have no intention to open it since I know it would be Seungcheol’s other useless texts. I tried to ignore it and continue drinking down my chocolate milk but I think the vibration was so frequent that Aron finally noticed it too, “Are you not going to see that?”

“Oh um.. Right”

I take out my phone and there were about 5 messages but they weren’t from Seungcheol, it was from him.

Baby, could you please move away from that table? You’re done with your food already, right?

Hey, do me the favor, please.

I know he’s your first lunchmate, but please do as I said, ___.

___, don’t ignore me, please.

Baby, please move from there. I’ll pay you something after school, but just please, do as I said now.

I look at the Seventeen’s table to scan him around but he wasn’t there. Seungcheol was still eyeing me with eagle eyes. The other boys were trying to whisper things to my brother but he didn’t budged and keep on eyeing me. I bet if eyes could kill, I’d be dead for thousands of times right now.

“Aron-sshi.. Um, I think I need to leave first.. I forgot to do my math homework last night so I need to do it now.. I’ll see you around, okay?”

“Sure thing” he said with a smile. I was about to stood up and walked away when he gently take my hand, “And it’s an oppa for you. Aron oppa, not Aron-sshi”

My, this dude..

***

I walked out of the cafeteria and quicken my pace to get to my math class. Questions were running through my head, what’s happening? Why can’t I sit with Aron? Why’s Seungcheol acting all tensed up when I’m with Aron? What’s going on?

I sit on my seat on let out a desperate sigh. I was about to put my heads down to the table when I felt a pair of hands, covering my eyes. Everything turned dark and it was a bit creepy to have someone to do that to you when you know that every other students were in the cafeteria.

I touch the person’s hand and my hands slowly move to his watch. Trying to figure out who’s the person behind this, “It’s not funny. I’m not a 5 years old girl anymore”

“I thought you liked that game” he said as he take a seat next to mine and smiled at me. He placed an arm over his right cheek and stared at me, “Did you do something to your face?”

Shoot, he knows! I mentally slapped myself. I was trying this new lip gloss from my Mom and curse his eagle eyes, he realized it! Man, I feel so embarrassed in front of him. Don’t know why..

I cleared my throat, “Um, no. Why?”

“Nothing. I just thought you did something to your face. Like.. A lip gloss or something?”

“No, I’m not using anything”

Liar..

“Oh okay. But if you do applied something to your face, I just wanted you to know, I like it. It makes me wants to taste you”

He winked at me and it turns out to be an epic fail since he ended up to blink. I laughed hard on how priceless his face was and slapped his shoulder playfully, “ert”

“I am, I am” he said and scoot closer to me. “But don’t tell your brother, okay? He’ll turn me into a spaghetti if he knows”

I chuckled at how true his words were and nodded in agreement, “Of course I won’t. If he changed you into a spaghetti, then I wouldn’t love you anymore. Instead, I’ll eat you up”

“Geez, are you saying that you’re secretely a cannibal, hm?” he said “Talking about food.. I’ve found a new good restaurant nearby, wanna come?”

“Now?”

“Of course now. When else?”

“But class would start anytime soon”

“So?” he said s he stood up. He take his bagpack that has been put on the back of the class and walk back to my chair. “Let’s ditch the class, shall we?”

---

[Oh my.. He’s being such a bad boy, isn’t he? But don’t you just love it when your boyfriend turn into a bad boy at some points? I personally think that it’s really cute for a boy to turn a little naughty sometimes, LOL.

I know that these chapters were still a mind confusing plot but it’ll get logic eventually, I promise. Abou who he is, I’m guessing that he’ll show who he really is on the next chapter, don’t you think? And please don’t kill me for such teasing about who the main character is, kkk~]