Prom [ part II ]

Delinquenteens

 

“H-Hey” I greeted him. My palms are getting sweaty and I get more and more nervous as he stepped closer to me. Oh my God, why should I meet him now? I’m not ready yet, geez!

“You look stunning in that dress”

“Um, thanks” I said awkwardly “You look nice in that suit, too”

He shrugged, “I could’ve look better if I was dressing up for a date”

A-Aron, look, I’m so sorry for not accepting your invitation, okay? I was just-..”

“Chillax, it’s okay. I’m totally fine with it. It’s your right to choose anyway” he said with a chuckle, looking like he really doesn’t give a damn about it “So, who’re you ended up going with? Who’s the lucky guy that you choosen over me, eh?”

I raised an eyebrow, “What, are you going to bully him?”

“No, that’s so childish. Is bullying still even exist these days” he chuckled “But seriously, who’s he?”

“Jang Doyoon. You might don’t know him cause-..”

“Oh, him? Yeah, nice choice” Aron said as he sips his punch “As long as he’s not that bad looking or anything, I’m fine with it. I mean, I’m still a better looking guy than that punk, but he’s not that bad, so”

I chuckled, “Shut up”

Aron only smiled at me but it was far form one of the smile he usually give to me. It was more of a smile when you need to stop a converstation when you actually have bunches of things to say in mind. His eyes were also showing things like, I don’t know.. Was he worried? About me?

“So um, anyway, I need to go. My date is waiting for me” Aron said.

I raised an eyebrow, “Your date? Who?”

“No one” he chuckled “Apparently someone broke my heart too much that I didn’t even have the heart to ask another girl to be my date”

“Aw, come on, don’t be such a douche now” I chuckled.

Aron chuckled and surprisingly pulled me for a hug. It was a quite strong pull as I almost spill my punch to his tux, “Be safe, okay ___?”

I raised an eyebrow. Okay so after the Seventeen boys, now Aron’s starting to worry about my safety? What’s actually going on behind my back?!

Aron let go of the hug and smiled at me with that same sincere smile that I found it weird to see it from him. I mean, how often will you ever see that playboy guy Aron to smile at you like he’s really worried and cared about you?

“I really need to go now. Be safe, okay?” he said and surprisingly kissed my cheek. It wasn’t one of those goofy kisses he usually tries to throw at me, it was more of a caring kiss you get when you’re insecure or lost. He didn’t give me any time to answer his words as he just walk away and disappear in the crowd.

I raised an eyebrow and gently caress my cheek. Aron was acting all nice and sweet right now that I can hardly recognize him. If someone was telling me how his embrace felt so secure and warm, I would never believe it cause Aron was never the type of person to show his real feeling to someone. All he does is flirt around and does nothing but having fun. What’s really happening here, actually?

I bite my lower lip as I stare blankly on the empty spot Aron left. Something must be really going on. I mean, Seventeen and Aron are never a good friend, but for once they’re worried about one same thing. They’re actually agreeing in one thing to think about. One thing that matters for them.

My safety.

***

I lean myself closer to Doyoon’s shoulder as we slowly move. We’re not sure how to specifically move in certain notes, but the slow music just leads the two of us to simply enjoy the moment.

The masculine sweet scent of Doyoon is strongly smelled now. I can’t help but to inhale it even deeper as it somehow soothe my mind for a moment. All I could think right now is how comfortable and warm his close embrance is and I swear to anything, I could’ve just drift away to slumber if this is not a romantic scene.

“You’re not asleep, are you?”

I chuckled, “I’m trying not to”

“Don’t be” Doyoon said “I don’t want to support your whole body. It’s heavy as hell”

“Hey!”

“Kidding” he said. I can feel his body shakes as he chuckled. He moved his head so I could get closer to the crook of his neck. Not trying to be flirtatious or anything, but I would be lying if I say I don’t crave for more of his body warmth.

I closed my eyes as I try to enjoy the moment even more, but my body quickly stiffen up as Doyoon asked me the least thing I want to think about, “How’re you and Soonyoung?”

“What do you mean?” I asked, pulling my head back to face him “We’re not even talking anymore or anything so I’m not sure how to answer your question. And you know exactly I don’t want to talk about this, oppa

“I know, I just couldn’t help but to ask. As much as I enjoy this moment, I can’t help but to feel guilty if there’s actually something still going on between you and him. He’s a guy, I’m a guy, I can totally understand how he’d feel if the two of you are still something yet you’re now dancing with me”

I rolled my eyes, “Come on. It’s not like he cares anyway”

“Trust me, if you guys are still a couple, he would be really jealous by now” he said “How did you two ended up, anyway? I mean, what really happen in the end? Did you guys like really break it all up or just-..”

“I don’t want to talk about it”I cut him.

“But I still need to know” He reasoned “I don’t want to be the destroyer or someone’s relationship. I don’t want to ruin my own best friend’s relationship, to be exact”

“Come on, you’re not ruining anyone’s relationship, please”

“Still, I need and want to know”

I let out a big sigh as I try to remember the things happened back then. I try to tell the truth, not being biased over myself or anything. I try to be neutral as in how would I say if I’m actually an innocent witness of the scene. But I’m telling you, it’s hard. It’s really hard. I tried my best to tell the truth by not exaggerate the things happened but somehow my chest filled like it’s being pressed down and my breath is getting shallower. The memory suffocates me a lot and I start to feel tears forming on my eyes.

Doyoon pulled me for a hug before any tears could escape my eyes. He patted my head as he try to calm me down. It works, not surprisingly. I mean, he always have the charm to calm me down everytime I’m upset or anything. He just have that one touch to soothe my mind.

“Don’t cry, it’s over, don’t worry” he said between the pats.

“It’s over? You really think so?” I asked, trying to not sound weak or anything “I mean, my relationship with Soonyoung.. Is it really over?”

“W-Well he kinda said he’s tired and done.. And you guys didn’t do anything to make it up. Not like he tried to anyway, right? I mean, I could be wrong, but if I’m in a relationship, saying ‘I’m done and tired’ is like a softer way to break up with someone”

Hearing Doyoon’s words, instead of breaking into tears and scream around like how I thought myself would if Soonyoung broke up with me, I only stare at Doyoon blankly and agree with him silently. I mean, what he said was right. It’s like Soonyoung was trying to break up with me yet he used his words well that he doesn’t necessarily need to literally say, ‘we’re over’.

Doyoon looked at my eyes deeply as I try to gain my conciousness back. My mind was still not working properly and my body was very jelly. If it wasn’t for Doyoon’s arms around me, I might be collapsing down already.

Seeing my lost expression, Doyoon then pulled me even closer. But there was something strange about this pull. He wasn’t just pulling my body closer to his, he was also pulling my face closer as he stares at my eyes deeply.

My mind then jolted back but I didn’t move an inch as I just blankly let Doyoon pull me closer. His eyes were still glued to mine and our face were just a few centimeters away as I could feel his hot breath. He was nervous to death, I can tell. His body was radiating it and his breathing somehow got uneven.

As he got closer and closer, my heartbeat also race faster. My whole body was rigid and my breathing also got uneven as our nose finally touched each other. Doyoon didn’t stop there though. He pulled me closer and closer that I got scared of whatever that would happen and closed my eyes.

A couple moments after, I could feel a pair of soft warm lips to lock mine. Doyoon kissed me. It was only one of those innocent kid’s kiss but it was still a kiss. I could feel his soft lips on mine and I would be lying if I say I don’t favor this moment.

Doyoon kissed me..

***

-       Author’s POV      -

“Bloody ing piece of !” Seungcheol cursed as he pulled his sleeves up and run closer to the couple on the dance floor. The rest of the boys could only catch him and hold him back, trying to not get him close to the couple “Let go of me! Let me give that bastard a piece of lesson!”

“Hyung, calm down! This is not our base, this is our school! People might notice our relationship with ___ noona!” Mingming said as he pulled Seungcheol back.

“I don’t give a ing care about it, okay?! That is kissing my sister!”

“You need to care about it! He’s your sister and our rivals are here! I saw one of them talking to her earlier, so you need to calm your nerves down, hyung!” Junghan said “If you run to them now, people would know that she’s your sister, or at least, she’s related to us. Who knows what would they do to her next?!”

Seungcheol pulled his arms away from the boys and pulled his sleeves down. He tried to calm down but his face was still red from anger. He messed his hair, “Who did you see talking to her?”

“Aron did,” Junghan said “I don’t think he would be a threat for her cause I think he really likes her but I’m not sure about the rest of his gang”

“Does the rest of Nu’est know her, hyung?” Jihoon asked.

“I’m not sure if they know about her relationship with us, but something tells me that Aron knows” Junghan recalled.

“What should we do now then, hyung?” Mingyu asked.

“I don’t know. Not my decision to make” Seungcheol said as he walk closer to one kid “It’s your choice to make. What should we do now? You know Aron knows about her and you saw her and Doyoon.. You know”

The boy didn’t move an inch. His eyes were still glued at the couple dancing close in front of him. Pain was really obvious from his body language but he does nothing to stop the scene. He just stood there, witnessing the whole scene happening. Not sure was he too shocked or just too tired to put a stop on it.

Soonyoung, you okay?” Seungcheol asked, feeling bad for the boy.

“I’m fine” Soonyoung claimed. He closed his eyes and turn his head to his leader, “We’ll do nothing about it. Let it be”

“What?! You’re going to let ___ get close to Doyoon even though he was related to Nu’est once?! And you’re not going to do anything when Aron is close to her?!” Seokmin asked, half shouting.

“We have no rights to forbid her befriend with anyone she wants. At least, I don’t” Soonyoung said weakly “Let it be for now. We’ll still keep an eye for her and watch for her safety, just not straight forwardly”

“Then how would we watch her out?” Mingyu asked.

“I don’t know” Soonyoung replied. He turn his head back to see the couple, still in their close intimate dance position and could only sigh to himself. “I need some air. I’ll see you guys tomorrow”

“Wait hyung, where are you going?!” Mingming asked as Soonyoung walks away.

He was about to catch the older boy up but a hand was holding him back, “Let him go. He needs some time alone”

“But hyung-..”

“Let him go, Mingming. He needs to sort things out by himself first” Seungcheol said “I just hope he’s not as crushed as how we think he is”

The boys then could only sigh as they stare at Soonyoung slowly walking away from the scene. His skinny body soon disappear from the crowd as he gets out of the vanue. He was in pain, hurt, lost, disappointed, everything that resambles desperation. He know that he’s in blame to hurt her in the first place, but he just didn’t expect the revenge to be this painful.

He just didn’t see it coming..

 

---

[ollo Guys!

OMG so much drama in one chapter, eh?
kkk

So the rival of Seventeen finally go revealed in this story < even though I know you guys had guessed it ahaha> it's none other than Nu'est!
Omo, I wonder how would Aron act in this.. I mean, he likes ___ and he knows who she really is but his group is the rival of her brother and just- idk too much drama
LOL

And I also feel so bad for Soonyoung though..
OMG why must he witness the whole thing ;;
And Seungcheol's anger when the kissing happened.. 

I surely think this chapter is better than the previous one ahaha

Anyway, don't forget to subsrice and comment!
They are truly appreciated
 ]