Mission Impossible

Delinquenteens

 

Today I would get the cast on my left hand off for good. I could barely feel my hand anymore and the only thing I could feel is the itchiness because of this thick white thingy that had been hanging on my hand for more than 3 weeks already. I was so happy and excited to can finally see my left hand again, but what scares me is, what if the itchiness comes from some kind of larvae eating my hand like a gigantic hotdog or something?

Ew, that’ll be super grossed..

So here I am, walking to the hospital, still in my uniform and carrying my backpack. I had no time to get home and changed because the appointment was set too early, somehow. So I needed to move my fast to the hospital before the doctor got his shift off.

“So, ready to see your left hand, again?”

“Of course! It has been such a long time that I haven’t seen it, so yeah..”

He smiled and messed my hair, “Good then! Just don’t be afraid, okay? I’m sure your hand is still in one piece”

“Hey, what do you mean by that, Doyoon oppa?!” I said with a shocked yet horror face. He only chuckled and messed my hair again, thinking that his joke really got me. Geez, joking with someone’s part of body is not funny, okay!

And yeah, I’m going to the hospital with Doyoon. Not Seungcheol. Not Soonyoung. Not one of the Seveteen boys.

Seungcheol hasn’t been home after our little ‘settling down’ thing on the other day. He never shows up in school, anymore. Neither does the Seventeen boys, which is such a pity because I have loads of questions to ask but they weren’t there. And because of their disappearance too, I’m starting to thing that they went to this gangfight again or something.

Soonyoung on the other hand was no far different. He never texts me anymore. And even worse than before, he never replied to any texts, voicemail, and calls that I send. I don’t know what’s his problem with me. I mean, we were just fine a few days ago, then why did he suddenly give me this cold and ignorant treatment like Seungcheol did? Does he feel like he had been replaced, too?

“Hey? Earth, to ___, hello?” Doyoon said as she snapped his finger in front of my face, making me to snapped back in reality.

“Oh, um.. I’m sorry, what?”

“What were you thinking, about? You look like a lost person”

I am a lost person.

“Oh, nothing. Just some unimportant stuffs and others..” I lied “Hey, look at the time! We better get hurry now!”

I linked arms with Doyoon and tried to fastened up our pace as I tried to change the subject. He seemed to bought it, though. Which means it’s a good sign. But I know this is wrong. I shouldn’t lie to my only friend.. I shouldn’t be lying to someone who always been there when I needed him. But what can I do? The problem is just too sensitive that I’m afraid if I tell him more about the details, he’ll be involved and I seriously don’t want him to get into this complicated problem.

Oh God, help me..

***

I jumped on the couched with a bowl of pop corn on my left hand. The cast were off and the doctor said that everything’s fine. The bone has never been better and the most important thing, no larvae’s eating my hand.

I was still home alone since Seungcheol hasn’t got home yet from whatever business he had, and-..

Wait.

I quickly grab my phone and dialed his number in horror. Oh God, ___, how stupid can you be, right now?! Why didn’t you realized it any earlier?!

I tried and tried to call him but it was no avail. He didn’t pick up the phone and it just make me a lot more worried. What has happened to him?!

I run to my room and changed, getting ready to find him tonight no matter what happened. I grabbed my jacket and was struggling with it when my phone rings. I quickly grab it even though my other hand was still stuck on the jacket’s sleeve and said, “Hello?”

“Why did you call?”

“Oh my God, Seungcheol! Where have you been?! I’m so worried about you! I thought something happened to you!”

Seungcheol didn’t respond for a while and it just scares me. What’s wrong with him? Where’s he? What has-.. “How’s your hand?”

“G-Good.. I got the cast off this afternoon”

“I know” he said shortly but I could sense some guilt on his tone “Did you got the hospital alone or..”

“I went with.. Doyoon oppa” I said carefully “But I just-..”

“Okay”

“Okay?”

“Yeah.. It’s good to hear that you didn’t go alone” he said with a flat tone “He didn’t do anything to you, right?”

“N-No” I said. I was confused on what kind of path was running on Seungcheol’s mind right now. One moment he would be furious and throw things around, but now he’s saying that it’s okay for me to go with Doyoon? What’s wrong with him? Does that mean we’re back to normal again? “Seungcheol, where are you?”

“Somewhere”

“Somewhere, where?” I asked “Are you not going to go home again, tonight?”

He remained silent. I don’t know what he was doing or thinking in wherever he is right now, but I know something serious had happened. Seungcheol wouldn’t leave me alone like this even when he’s really mad at me. He would still protect me by staying on my side, or at least, he would tell one of the Seventeen boys to guard me or something. I know it’s over acting, but he just did. So when he left with no words and left me alone in the house like this, something serious must’ve happened.

“Seungcheol, are you there?” I asked. As he keep in his silence, I could hear faint groans from the back sound. I raised an eyebrow, “What was that?”

“Nothing”

“What do you mean by nothing? I heard someone groaning in pain, just now! Seungcheol, is everything alright? Did you guys go for a gang fight again?! I thought-..”

“___, listen to me!” he yelled as he cut me “I won’t be home tonight, so you better lock the doors and windows securely. Keep your phone near you so if anything happens, call me. Do you understand?”

“Y-Yes, but what-..”

“I gotta go. I’ll call you back in the morning. Bye”

And he hung up..

***

It’s 1:30 A.M and I can’t sleep now. My mind was flying away as I thought of the chance for Seventeen boys to get hurt or anything. It migh be Chan, it might be Hansol, it might be Wonwoo, it might be anybody. And not to mention, it might be Soonyoung.

I bit my fingernail as I held my phone thight. I tried to call them again but none of them would pick it up. What’s happening? Who’s hurt? Why isn’t anyone picking up the phone?

I figured that it would be useless to just wander around, so I run to the drawer but do you know what happened? It turns out that because of my big frustration toward my family problem with Seungcheol, I didn’t even do the laundry that I have no clean jeans to wear now.

Such a wonderful way to go, ___!

So I tried to search for something to wear, and I did find something! But it was my really old jeans wen I was a bit ‘not-so-skinny-as-I-am-now’ and the waist line was too big that I need to wear a suspender, but what can I do now? It’s the only thing I could wear to search for the boys tonight.

Done dressing up, my plan now is to come to each of the boys’s house and find out. With or without Seungcheol’s permission. I need to know what happened. I need to know who’s hurt. I need to know it all.

Running out my room with a hoodie, I grabbed my purse and run to the front door. I put a pepper spray to my jeans pocket, just in case something goes wrong as I look for them, and quickly wear my shoes on.

“Fine, Seungcheol. If you don’t want to tell me what’s going on and who’s in pain, I’ll just go find out myself”

 

---

 

Hey guys! I know it's a very short story and it doesn't satisfy any of you. I know! I'm really sorry about that

><

But you know what guys? The next chapter is gonna be epic, I'm telling you! Well it's fine for me,but I don't know what you guys would think, so yeah..

Hansol will appear with his 'bloody scene', Seungcheol will show his leaderly side, and Soonyoung.. Oh God he'll be the best sprinkle in the end of the story!

- P.S - it's gonna be a slight Rated chap ><

Please look forward for it! xoxo]