What Happens After the Gangfight

Delinquenteens

 

“I know.. Yeah, sure.. Don’t worry, I’m watching her”

I didn’t know who’s voice was that but I figured it was Soonyoung’s. He was on the phone. I was hearing it faintly but I could sense that his tone was serious and stern. I tried to turn my head to see him, and there he was. Standing still on the corner of the room with his hand on the ear. His eyebrows twitches once in a while as his lips keeps on talking to the phone.

He put a hand on his left pocket and open the curtain. It was starting to get dark outside. How long have I been conscious?

“Yeah, I should. No, I won’t leave her, don’t worry. She’s safe” he said. Again with those words. Can’t they stop talking about it for just a day? I’m really getting tired of these things and I’m desperate to keep in down low, leave it if it’s possible. I was really deep in thought until I realized that Soonyoung was hanging up, “Hyung I think she’s waking up now. I-I’ll call you later, okay?”

He quickly walks to me and gently caressed my un-IV-ed hand, “Hey.. How do you feel?” he asked. I wanted to stood up and hug him but don’t talk about sitting up. Just trying to lift my head was such an unbearable pain. I winced as my body hurt mercilessly and slomped back to the bed. “Shh.. Don’t move too much, okay? The doctor said that you were badly injured and lost too many blood, but he said that you’ll be okay soon. Don’t worry, okay? You’ll be as good as new soon enough”

“Mm..” I mumbled. My vision was still blurry that I thought I saw 3 version of Soonyoung sitting close to me. I closed my eyes for a moment and a tear escaped my eyes. My whole body was really hurting. It’s like my bone was crushed down and my muscles were all pressed at the same time. Making me to scream in pain under my breath.

“Ssh.. Don’t cry, okay? I’m here..” he said as he caressed my hand “I know it’s painful, but you have to bear with it for a couple minutes, okay? The doctor said that you’ll have to face it for a moment only. Don’t worry, it’ll go soon”

“It hurts..” I said in my hoarse voice “My whole body.. It’s crushing down..”

“Sssh, it’s not, okay? The doctor had put some painkiller on your IV too, so we just have to wait for it to actually work, okay?” he said and kissed my forehead. He know that he doesn’t know how big in pain I was, but he surely knows that I really need him at the moment.

I wasn’t worrying about my condition anymore. I just wanted to hug him but I can’t move at all, not even my fingers. It’s like I’m suddenly paralyzed. My body was really sore. It was far worse than the one I felt when I fainted the day I find out that Seventeen was a gangster. It was different, yet same at the same time.

I stare at him and I was relieved to actually feel that the pain wasn’t as painful as it was before. I examined his face and realized that his eyes were puffed from crying and red. His hair was really messed up but it didn’t decrease any of his gentle figure. His bloody shirt was already changed into a new printed tee and I could smell the fresh scent of his cologne. I continue looking at him and.. Was that a bandage?

I raised an eyebrow as tried I to look at it closer. It wasn’t there for sure. At least, not until I got the accident. It was new. As fresh as I am in these casts. I tried to ask him but the only noise coming out from my throat was a hoarse voice that I couldn’t even understand what I was talking about. “What is it?” he asked

“Hmm” I mumbled as I tried to point his hand with my casted left hand. I also tried to point his bandage with my chin but the oxygen wire on my nose doesn’t allow my head to move too much that it was actually such a pain on the neck.

“What is it, baby? What do you want to say?”

“Hand..” I managed to say. It was still hoarse and near to inaudible but I think we were close enough for him to hear it faintly.

And he did. “Oh, this?” he asked as he raised his hand. I nodded slowly since moving my head was still hard and a bit painful to do. “I um.. Like I said, you lost too much blood and the hospital was running out of B blood, so I tried to help.. And um, yeah..”

I widen my eyes as I heard his words. You really did that?

He nodded with a smile, “I couldn’t stand those stupid nurse to keep telling us that they’re trying to get you some blood, so I just.. Force them to take mine and they did. After a few frustrating arguments, of course. I mean, how could they tell me to calm down when you’re actually in the edge of life?” He let out a chuckle but his eyes were still glued to mine, still radiating those warm and loving charm. I was touched, but I was feeling guilty for myself. All of these things shouldn’t have happened if I didn’t stupidly run away and get hit.

“I’m sorry..”

“Don’t be, it’s none of your fault” he smiled “Now, the doctor said that you can’t do too much moving for some days so.. Don’t move too much, okay? And are you hungry? The doctor said that you should take the meds as soon as you got conscious but don’t eat too much since your stomach is not that normal yet”

I shook my head, showing that I wasn’t hungry when I didn’t even eat that much on lunch. I look around and realize that we were alone in the room. “Where’s Seungcheol?”

Soonyoung awkwardly cleared his throat and look away. He take his hand away from me and keep it on his pocket, “He had some business to do”

Gang business, am I right?”

No answer.

“Can’t you just stop it?! You guys are only causing no more but trouble! I thought you were just another ordinary boy but.. You’re a lot whole diff-..”

“Stop saying things you don’t even ing understand, ___”

I gasped at how harsh he was talking. He never raised his voice on me and now he just use a cursing word at me. To hear the mature Soonyoung using cursing words were actually the least thing I ever hope to witness and yet, it happened.

“You know what, you just got up from some hours of unconsciousness. Your head is still spinning around, that’s why you’re talking about such non-sense like this” he said as he stood up “I’ll call the nurse to check up on you.. I’ll be back in a sec”

***

The small sound of spoon hitting the sides of the bowl was now heard all over the room. Soonyoung’s patiently feeding me as I quietly swallow the porridge down. My mouth was bitter but I know that I wouldn’t be eating anything until God knows when if I don’t push myself. None of us dared to speak up cause we both know that when we do, it’ll only leads to the argument we would never end.

Done with the food, he puts the bowl away and handed me some tablets of meds. He handed me a glass of water and ask, “Does your body still hurt?”

I shake my head, “Not as bad as before”

“Good”

“Are you staying for the night?” I ask which received a slight nod from him. “And the other nights?”

“I’ll try to stay as long as I can. Don’t worry” he smiled “The doctor said that you don’t really need to be keep long here. You’ll be good as new in no time, but Seungcheol hyung strictly said that he won’t let you go to school until the casts on your body was completely remove or you’re literally good as new”

“What?! Well that’s not fair! How will I-..”

“___, please don’t complain now. You know it’s for your own good. Seungcheol hyung just wanted to keep you safe. Especially after what happened to you..” he said and look away “If you have anything in mind about his decision, then you can talk to him later since he’s stopping by soon. But to be honest, I’ll go with Seungcheol hyung this time. It’s for your own good, ___”

“But you said it yourself that this accident was purely accident. Then why are you all so worried about me? Does that.. Does that mean that I was hit by your gang enemy?”

He sighed, “You won’t understand it now, ___. Just.. Please, trust us, okay?”

I mentally sighed at how stubborn and sharp Soonyoung can get. I really miss the old him who’s really playful, fun and easy to joke with. I personally think that he had changed a lot since the day I moved to the school. Sure if you’d say that he’s doing this for my own good, but what kind of good is it was the big question that had been stuck on my head for God knows how long. I just can’t understand him anymore. It’s like.. He wasn’t the guy I dated before.

After a few mintues of waiting, Seungcheol finally comes in with Wonwoo and Chan behind him. There were binging these flowers, cake, and colorful balloons for me and I can’t help but to smile at them.

“Get well soon, nuna!” Chan said as he happily placed the balloons on the table near my bed. He carefully hug me and frowned, “I was really shocked when Mingyu hyung called us and said that he’s in the E.R, waiting for you. Me and Wonwoo hyung wanted to quickly run here, but Seungcheol hyung forbid us and said that we should just wait on the dorm”

“It’s okay Chan. And thank you for the balloons and others. I’m really happy” I smiled “How are you? You look tired”

“Oh, um.. I’m fine, nuna. It’s just that.. School had been such a troublesome lately but, I still survived”

Liar. You were in a gang fight before coming here. What’s the use of lying to me, guys?

I smiled at how hard Chan’s trying to lie and I just pretend that I buy it that I actually turn my head to Wonwoo, “How about you, Mr. Beanie? Been good?”

“Shouldn’t I be the one to ask?” he chuckles and walk closer to the edge of my bed “How do you feel now? Still in pain? I heard from Soonyoung that you were in a huge pain when you woke up”

“I was.. But I’m feeling a lot better now, thank you” I smiled “Oh, how about.. You guys sign on my casts? I’ve got plenty of plain cast on my body now. Let’s just say.. It’s a temporary tattoo”

“Oh, sure nuna! I’d love to sign and I want to sign the biggest with the best spot on your cast!”

“Of course, Chan. I’ll give you the best spot for my favorite dongsaeng” I said and smiled at him. I was too deep in talking with Wonwoo and Chan that I didn’t realize Seungcheol and Soonyoung was there, too. I turn to my brother and playfully scold him, “Hey, Seungcheol oppa! Where have you been? Are you not worried about your little sister, here? Where were you when I woke up? I was expecting to see your face, you know”

Usually he would scold me back or at least, hit my forehead playfully. But today was different. His deep stare at me was then cut as he look away like he doesn’t want to see me or something.

“Hey, I’m talking to you, Mr. Black Belt!” I said at him “And I want you to sign on my casts, too, okay? You’re my brother and I want you to-..”

“What’s the point on signing on your cast?! It’s just so stupid to make marks over your damn casts. Over something that’s too painful just to think about” Seungcheol snapped with a glare “Whatever you want to do, I don’t care. But I would never sign on your casts. It’ll only remind me on how bad of a brother I’ve become..”

“Seungcheol..”

He look away as he take a deep breath, “Soonyoung, we need to talk. I’ll see you outside”

***

“What is it, hyung?”

“Hansol was injured. He got a deep cut on his stomach.. They played dirty again and one of them hit Hansol hard on the stomach with a blade or something, I don’t know. All I know was that Dongjin shouted and when I look at him, he was already kneeling down to Hansol who was laying flat on the floor while holding his stomach with blood dripping his shirt” he said frustratedly and messed his hair “He’s in the E.R right now. The doctors were curious on what happened but fortunately Seungkwan came up with an excuse”

“Then how is he now?”

“I’m not sure.. Jisoo said that the cut was deep enough that he had lost a lot of blood, but thankfully we were quick enough to bring him here before.. The worst happen..”

“And the worst part is.. That Hansol died from the cut” Soonyoung said. His face was showing desperation and confusion too, just like the other boy. He was now running his hand on his hair, showing how lost he was “Hyung, I think we need to cut it out, right now. This isn’t only about us and our problem with them, anymore. It’s about ___, too”

“Yeah well, I tried! Don’t you think that I want to keep her safe, too?! She’s my ing little sister!” he said, yelling in a tone full of anger and desperation “I want to stop our fight. I want to protect my sister. I want to stop spilling blood from Seventeen. But what can I do?! We stopped doing anything the moment she stepped on our school, but what do we get? They crash her like she’s a ing trash bin! They hit her like she’s not a person! They hit my sister! They hit your girlfriend, Soonyoung!”

Soonyoung remained quiet and look away. The moment Seungcheol mentioned that ___’s his girlfriend was really a bothersome. He feels like he had failed on his duty to protect her when he was standing on the scene. On the other hand, he didn’t mean to tease the older boy’s anger out, but the topic was just too sensitive that he wanted to jump off the cliff on how stupid he had bring it up.

“I’d do anyhting to stop the fight. To protect the rest of Seventeen. To protect ___, my sister. Even if I have to surrender and got myself beaten up or even killed by them. I’m willing to do so as long as they’ll leave you guys alone.But what can I do? Even if I do so, they won’t stop and in fact, they would create more chaos! They’ll attack you guys even better and who knows what would they do to her?!”

“H-Hyung.. Don’t say that” Soonyoung said as he placed a hand on Seungcheol’s brother. He didn’t expect to hear his leader willing to give up for them. But to be honest, he would do the same if he could get the guarantee that they’ll leave her alone “We need you, and so does ___. What would we do without you? I’m sure we could figure this out. There must be a way out”

“I hope so..”

Soonyoung nods to him to give some support. He knows that this hyung had tried his best to stop these fights, but it wasn’t enough, somehow. And when he said, ‘Seungcheol did his best’, it literally meant his best. Even when it also meant by sacrificing her sister to get a car accident in front of his eyes like this.

“So where’s Hansol, now? Can we see him?” Soonyoung asked as he thought that the older boy was calm enough.

“I think he’s just done with the surgery..” Seungcheol said as he checked on his phone to see a further information from the other Seventeen  boys “He’s in the ICU now. The doctor said that if he could pass the coma term by tonight, he’ll be move to a regular room. But he if he doesn’t..”

“I’m sure he will do just fine, hyung. Don’t worry” Soonyoung cut “Well let’s just wish that he get this over with faster before tonight”

 

---

 

[ Poor baby Vernon.. Oh no, poor ___.. Oh wait, poor Seungcheol.. Oh and, poor Soonyoung..

Haha. I think everyone is pretty pathetic in this story, don't you think? Well not that kind of bad pathetic, but they're just lost in their way that it makes them look pathetic, don't you think?

I feel really bad for Hansol though.. Aw my baby Vernon..

 

 

So anyway, in case you haven't read my other story, Seventeen, I posted a chapter earlier this morning and said that I'll make an update for both stories if I really see Aron in person tonight.

And I did!

Gaah, I still can't believe I've seen him in person today! Well he was performing on stage and I was watching from the crowd, but I still get to see his handsome face in real life and.. Gaaah! <3

 

So here I am with an update for you guys! You see that I'm a very good promises keeper, right?

*wiggle eyebrows

 

 

Please comment down below so I could know what you guys think about the story and how I could get into you nerves by this y story..

 

I kinda did a good job on making ___ got a car accident, huh?

*wink wink ]