Who is He?

Delinquenteens

 

- ___’s POV -

 

Days passed and things were starting to get normal for me. Well, at least I try to get used to it. No more good morning texts, no more nice secret smiles on the hallway, no more sudden appearance and dates, no nothing. Everything seems so plain and ordinary for me now, but I’m trying my best to get used to it. After all, it was clear enough that there’s nothing left for me and Soonyoung, so why bother take more time to suffer and cry over the guy that clearly doesn’t care about me.

My relationship with Doyoon?

Well after the prom, things were getting quite awkward between us. After the kiss, precisely. It was a good kiss and all, I know that. I enjoy his warm embrace and gentle touch, but we just don’t feel like we’re anywhere close to that stage where our friendship would change into a romance one. Maybe we were just caught up with the Prom moment and how things were just too sweet at that time. I’d honestly count Doyoon as my brother now, instead of someone I could ever call a ‘boyfriend’. He was caring, true, but the care he gives was a protective brotherly one, rather than a lover kind of thing.

Anyway, Doyoon kinda told me that he has a major crush on a junior name Junghyeon, so we don’t really have any interest on changing our brother-sister friendship to any romance ones. And yeah, you can’t call me for friendzoning him, okay.

“Hey eonni” Someone said from my side as she placed her bowl of soup in my lunch table.

“Oh, hey Pinky” I said with a warm smile “Hmm, the soup smells so good”

“It does smell good, but I don’t think it’ll taste like one. The school’s food so bad” Pinky rolled her eyes and sat next to me with a pout “I just wish I’m a nice cook like you are, eonni. I don’t like the school’s food at all and I would just cook myself everyday if I was ever as good as you are”

I smile at her compliment. Pinky is surely the type of girl that would always have that one little sweet things to say to brighten up your day. Not in a y way or anything, she’s just like your usual sweet tongue vitamin friend. She’ll always have everything nice to say about yourself that you didn’t even realize. Everyone would totally love the type of person Pinky is. I mean, how can you not love someone who constantly compliments about your talents and abilities?

No wonder Chan likes her.

Chan.

The thought of Chan everytime I look at Pinky surely bothers me. I mean, in some point, even until this very second, as close as I am to Pinky, I still feel a bit uncomfotable with her. I just haven’t get to the point where I could actually feel the friendship bonding between us. She’s nice, I know that. Totally noted. But I just don’t have that girl to girl friend bond thing with her.

And the thing when I remember about Chan, is how he begins to ignore me ever since that Prom night. Was he even there when Doyoon kissed me or anything? Well he is in present but I’m not sure if he witnessed the scene. He was probably having fun with Pinky anyway. And even if he is ignoring me because of the Prom kissing thing, what’s his right to be mad? It wasn’t me who ended the whole relationship and said ‘done and tired’ in the first place anyway. It was his hyung.

See, things happened and I even talk in a mean way about Chan, my favorite little brother.

Not that I want to be a mean person by everything, but have you ever felt so tired that you went numb and kind of become ignorance about other people’s feeling? Like somehow you just turn into a very sarcastic mean girl like those antagonists in dramas when you’ve actually never wanted to be one.

Another thing about remembering Chan is that he would always remind me of Seventeen boys and how somehow I can’t even think that I’m a part of their lifes anymore. Everything seems to be upside down eversince the Prom night. Like it’s all in reverse. Our close relationship now feels like a stranger connection. The friendly warm smiles now feels like something I had never even think I’ve seen or known. Me and Seventeen boys now are just like stranger with memory. Good memory.

Have I ever wished for this to happen? No.

Have I ever wanted us to become stranger? No.

Have I ever expect them to turn their backs on me? No.

But what happen now? Everything turns into the opposite of my expectation. Maybe that term where people say to expect nothing so you won’t get hurt in the end was surely the thing I shouldn’t done since the beginning.

Soonyoung?

Urgh, don’t even get me started on him. Instead of feeling disappointed and crushed after my realisation of our died relationship, I feel mad and angry and upset at him that I want to just punch him on the face and just walk away from the scene like nothing happened. I mean, I cherish every moment we spent together. I loved Soonyoung. I loved the guy he was before. The sweet, caring, understanding guy that I dated in the first place. But the changing action and attitude he gave me lately, I can hardly believe that he was actually the guy I was madly in love with, honestly.

Like seriously, what happened to him that could ever possibly change everything about him? Not only his attitude, he also changed his character and personality that I can barely believe that I ever known him before.

The warmth and comfort aura that always radiates from his small eyes are now replaced with cold and hatred when I have no idea why and it’s not entirely my fault in the first place anyway. I mean, I honestly can’t get over and understand why he’s so mad over the prom invitations. Who’s fault to leave his girlfriend away, anyway? Like come on, I can’t forever wait for someone who doesn’t even show any affection or effort to keep me around them, right?

“___ unni, are you alright?” Pinky said as she tapped my shoulder.

I quickly snapped back to reality, almost spilling my own drink as I move my hand, but quickly smile to Pinky and respond, “Yeah, I’m good”

“Are you sure? You were spacing out just now.. Is there anything you want to talk about or I can help with, unni?”

I smiled, “No, I’m okay. Don’t worry”

“O-Okay..” Pinky nodded and continue to eat her soup. Just when I was about to look down to my papers again, Pinky suddenly nudge my elbow again and asked, “Unni, did you notice something changed about Chan?”

“Something changed? Like what?”

“I-I don’t know.. Like, he wasn’t the same bright person I once known him. He doesn’t smile that often anymore and he was never as energetic as he was before. One time I asked him if he would want to come to my dance practice with the Pre-School girls, and he declined. As best as I can remember, he loves to dance and he always asked me if he could come to our practice. But when I actually invite him, he declines my offer and then suddenly disappear for a few days”

I raised an eyebrow, “Disappeared? When? I didn’t know that”

“Last week, don’t you remember? He was gone for like 3-4 days with a couple of the Seventeen boys. Did they tell you anything, unni?”

I shook my head. Oh my God, some of them were gone last week and I didn’t even realize it? How bad our relationship has gotten now, huh? I mean, I didn’t even know that some of them were gone. What for? I don’t know, but I’m guessing that it won’t be far from the word ‘gang fight’.

“Who were gone again, Pinky-ah?” I asked.

“I’m not sure.. Chan was surely gone. I think Hansol, Seungkwan, Dongjin, and Junghan oppa were gone. Well those 5 were the ones that I kinda known better than the other, so I’m not really sure on how many people went”

Hansol, Seungkwan, Dongjin, and Junghan? Why? Those people are like the least people that know self-defence. I mean, it’s not like they’re easy to be knocked out, but if it really was a gang fight, the people whom should’ve gone should be Seungcheol, Wonwoo, Jihoon, Soonyoung, and those other people who’re good in martial arts. Hansol was okay I guess, but the rest of the boys? They’re like the minors on these kind of violence stuffs, especially Dongjin. Him and Junghan oppa had just joined, but I’m sure Junghan has more experience in fighting. As for Dongjin?

A big question mark then come across my mind. Why were they gone, anyway? These boys are more of the people you point for negotiations, but does gangster do negotiations? No. If they do, they wouldn’t need to spill blood of their own members now, would they?

Before I can jump to any more conclusions, the school bell rang. Pinky quickly stood up and put away her plate, “I’m sorry unni, but I need to leave now. I have a math test now and I just remembered. See you later!” she said while running. She didn’t even finish food in as she speaks. This girl is surely in a trouble, huh?

Following the other students, I quickly pick up my bag and walk out of the cafeteria. My homework papers were still in my hand as I try to finish the little bits while walking to my class. Was it the best method? No. I can barely concetrate on the question and try to figure out what it means, but better try it out, right?

I was walking up the stairs, still with looking down to my papers until I bump into someone. His body was fit enough to knock me down, almost making me fall down the stairs if I didn’t have a better agility. My shoulder was quite in pain as I bump into him and the papers I was holding is now scattered around the floor.

I quickly squat down to pick up my papers as I mumble, “Sorry, I wasn’t looking”

The guy just stare there for a couple seconds until he finally squat down too and help me pick up my papers. He was fast enough to take more than half of the papers and handed them to me with that one special smile. A smile that I would totally think about before I go to sleep tonight. His pearly white teeth were showed nicely as he smiled and his cheek bones rose too that I was pinked a little by his charming smile, “It’s okay, I wasn’t looking either”

He raised an eyebrow as he stared into my eyes. I was too busy hyperventilating over his good looking face and how his brown fringe covered half of his face. I doesn’t look weird or anything. In fact, he looks really hot in that hairstyle. Did he purposely style his fringe like that to cover his face? If he does, then that’s a total pity cause I bet this guy is actually really good looking.

The guy tilted his head a little as he asked me, still with that charming smile, “Are you not going to take these papers back?”

“O-Oh yes, thank you” I said, still petrified by his charming face.

“No problem” He shrugged casually “Um, what’s your name? Are you new?”

Me? New? More like you’re new. I’ve never seen you around this school, before!

“I’m quite new, yeah. I’m ___, Choi ___. You are?”

The guy raised an eyebrow as I mentioned my full name, looking really interested in it. Why? I don’t know. My name isn’t that weird or unique anyway. In fact, the only people that ever said my name was unique was Aron only and it was just for a flirting purpose, so I’m not sure why were his eyes sparkled in interest when I said my name.

“___.. Nice name” he said with a smile. This guy is now leaning to the wall, not caring that the hallway is now getting more and more quiet as the students come in their classes. I wasn’t in total care either cause this guy’s eyes can really capture your soul and cast his spell on you. He put one of his hand in his pocket and said, “I’m Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun. But the people here called me JR. You can just call me Jonghyun if you want. I’m not exactly comfortable with people calling me JR, especially close people of mine, so you can just call me Jonghyun”

Close people? Is he now giving me the hint that I’m counted as a close person to him by letting me to call him by his real name? Well that escalated quickly.

“I’ll just go with JR” I said, a bit unsure about this guy. I swear to God, I’ve heard the name JR quite often by now, but who said it? Who was JR? Why was that name familiar to me? I’d never seen him before in my entire life, yet why do I feel like I know this JR guy?

Why do I feel like I should keep some distance with him?

“Oh well, I need to get going now” JR said and look around “You should start going too. I bet your class had started around 5 minutes ago”

I would usually run my to my class by now, but there’s something about this JR guy that made me stand still in my position without moving an inch and just simply got casted under his spell. I even wished that somehow the two of us could just ditch the class, even when we just met each other by now. Crazy wish, huh?

“Um yeah, I think we should” I said, yet not stepping away.

“I’ll see you later, then?” JR flashed a very last smile before sliding down the stairs from the railing. It was just a simple slide, I know that. But there was something about him that made me peek from above as he walk down tho the ground floor.

I turn around and stare at the empty walls while thinking about this JR guy, who is he?

 

 

[annyeonghaseyo~

Okay so this is finally a chapter where the whole scene happens in one time haha
It's just a simple chapter, I know that, but ___ finally meets JR here!
Are you not excited?
I know I am.
Haha

Anyway, did you guys watch the small video of Seventeen members appearance on EBS Channel?
I'm not sure what it is for, but I'm hoping it's to show their very soon debut
Are you guys ready for their debut? ><

Oh, and did you guys notice how often Mingming post his selcas these days?
Could it be a sign that there would be another diary video after Jihoon's and Doyoon's?

Anyway, don't forget to subscribe and comment, okay?  ]