Cardigan

Dangerously in Love

"Ah! Myungsoo oppa! Hoya oppa! Woohyun oppa!" girls started screaming their names as they walked inside the campus.

 

 

Hea Woo was in between Sunggyu and Sungjong, irritated by the cries of the students. "Does this always happen?"

 

 

"Yeah... All the time, they're crazy over us..." Sungjong sighed, looking down.

 

 

"What? You sound so conceited." the oldest shook his head, "You guys are the kingkas here?"

 

 

The maknae slowly nodded, "You haven't been to school in two years, you don't know anything that happens in this school."

 

 

Hea Woo looked at her watch, "I'm just looking forward to lunch, and dismissal... So we can line up fast enough so can we get a good view."

 

 

All of a sudden, someone was shouting her name quite a few times. Looking around, she saw one of her childhood friends, Ahn Min Hee, walking up to her.

 

 

Her eyes widened, "Min!"

 

 

"Hea Woo, I haven't seen you in such a long time!" the other smiled as they hugged, "A few years, hasn't it?"

 

 

She nodded, "What school did you go to before eighth grade started?"

 

 

"I just transferred from J.Tune High. I thought you went to TS High?"

 

 

Hea Woo just laughed it off, "Long story... I'll tell you by tomorrow at least. I'm going somewhere right after school."

 

 

"Ah, I see... What class are you placed in?" she questioned, "I'm in Class 2-A."

 

 

Again, her eyes widened in delight, "So are we!" she pointed at Sungjong and Sunggyu, "But Myungsoo oppa isn't with us right now..."

 

 

Min Hee smiled, "Great! I heard we have French as our first lesson."

 

 

"Really? It sounds interesting. Hopefully I don't fall asleep in class today." the other girl answered.

 

 

"Same here. It was a pain waking up this morning, I'm not used to waking up early for school anymore."

 

 

Hea Woo laughed, "Yeah, I agree. But Sunggyu and I have work together and we worked over time last night because we won't be going to work tonight."

 

 

Sunggyu looked at her, "If we get home really late tonight, please lets just skip school..."

 

 

And with that, the bell rang. The school year had officially begun.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

"Wah, the line is so long..." Hea Woo pouted, looking at the people in line for the concert.

 

 

Sunggyu looked at the line, "I got this." he grabbed her arm, bringing her to the near beginning of the line, waving, and getting them in line close to the start.

 

 

No one seemed to care. They were either sitting down, or talking to some friends.

 

 

She blankly looked at him, "What was that for?"

 

 

"A way to cut in line. Pretend like you don't know anything or pretend a friend is waiting for you. Simple."

 

 

She seemed to be in disbelief, "That's not fair though. They must've been waiting here for hours, and we just got here."

 

 

He sighed, "Do you want to see her or not? If you do, then shut up."

 

 

Hea Woo pouted, "Meanie..."

 

 

"And here we go again. Don't call me that, you're not in elementary school."

 

 

"I still think you're a meanie." she looked away from him.

 

 

"Am not."

 

 

"Are too."

 

 

They began repeating that two lines against each other, like they were children.

 

 

"Shut up." the boy demanded.

 

 

"No, you shut up, you meanie." she rolled her eyes.

 

 

Sunggyu sighed, "Are we really going to do this until the concert starts?"

 

 

"Yes, if you don't stop being mean to me."

 

 

"Fine, I'll be quiet then. Lets just not talk until the show ends."

 

 

- - - -

 

 

A few hours went by, the staff were about to let people in, and the attendants feet were sore from standing. The sky was getting darker, and the show was going to begin in about an hour.

 

 

"It's so cold... We've been waiting here for hours..." Hea Woo sighed, looking at the sky, "I wish it was warmer..."

 

 

Sunggyu looked at her, "You shouldn't have worn a short dress if you knew we would be waiting for a long time."

 

 

She pouted, "I wanted to look nice for the first day of school."

 

 

"Yeah... That explains the high heels."

 

 

Noticing his sarcasm, she turned towards him, "I'm sorry, but is it bad to look nice?"

 

 

"No, it's fine. But over-doing it, is."

 

 

Hea Woo rolled her eyes and turned away, "I hate you."

 

 

Sighing, he reluctantly removed his thick cardigan and put it over her shoulders, "I thought you would match with Sungjong today, but no you didn't. So wear this for tonight."

 

 

And after that, people were finally being able to go inside the venue. Too busy thinking about going inside, she never got the chance to say thank you for the cardigan.