Freedom

Dangerously in Love

"Mother, you can't just force me to marry someone I don't know a single fact about!" her voice echoed throughout the living room.

 

 

The middle-aged woman quickly got onto her feet, "Don't you dare talk nonsense, you will marry him by the time you graduate!"

 

 

"I'm only in my second year of high school, so you're saying, next year, you're practically selling me towards some other man? Excuse me, mother, but you're insane. I always pictured myself having a beautiful wedding to a man that I LOVE, not to a stranger."

 

 

"You will learn to love him, I'm sure of it. He's a great boy, and he's actually a third-year student in the same high school as you. But you two never have introduced yourselves to each other!"

 

 

The teen shook her head, "I don't care if he goes to my school, I will not marry him no matter what you say. It's either you drop the idea of a wedding, or I'm out of here."

 

 

Her mother looked at her with a stern expression, full of anger, "Then get out of my house. I will not raise no daughter who does not think of her family. Your younger brother is much more obedient than you. When he gets to high school, I will make sure he'll know more about our company. This is the last time I'll ever be dealing with you and your rebellious self, so get out before our security escorts you out."

 

 

She did not move, and in a matter of minutes, two men in suits came inside and threw her out of the house.

 

 

"Aish, I hate this ing family." she cursed to herself, "No one ever thinks about I feel before I get in trouble."

 

 

This girl, her name is Yoo Hea Woo. She is now the former heiress of her family's banking company, which is one of the most popular companies in the country.

 

 

She wasn't 'Daddy's Little Girl,' nor was she 'Mommy's Little Princess.' Her mother always paid more attention towards her brother, and her parents separated when she was six years old. Although her mother re-married soon after the divorce, she was never close to her step-father, the millionaire.

 

 

Up until present day, she was always used for her mother and step-father's business. To advertise, to make partnerships for the company, all that stuff they should've been doing. Now, she would have to be married to another Korean banking company heir, to merge.

 

 

Hea Woo was tired, she wasn't scared that she was kicked out, she felt free.

 

 

Up until her realization that it was raining, there was a storm happening tonight. Now drenched and without a jacket, she was walking around the streets of Seoul looking like a teenage rich girl who was disowned by her parents.

 

 

Well, literally, it was true.

 

 

It was only seven in the evening, with a little money in her pocket, she hurried inside a cafe, it was where she would always go for a cup of coffee.

 

 

"Oh, Hea Woo-ah?" the ahjumma came to her table, "You never come so late, and you're soaked. What happened to you?"

 

 

She sighed before telling the ahjumma what had happened between her and her mother.

 

 

"Eh?! Your mom is such a , whenever you tell me about her, I'd love to punch her! She's the reason I always reject your step-father's invites."

 

 

This ahjumma wasn't just the owner of a cafe, she was the sister of Hea Woo's step-father. She chose not to work as the CEO of the banking company, even though she was older than him. Hea Woo is like the teenage form of her.

 

 

"Hye Jung gomo, you're almost forty years old. You use so much profanity in a span of an hour, you use it much more than me. It's like you have the mind of a teenager." Hea Woo responded, with a little laugh.

 

 

Hye Jung smiled, "Thirty five isn't that old. But that's why you always come to me, isn't it? And why you love me? I'm sure it is~"

 

 

The teen smiled too, "Yes, it really is, gomo. By the way, can I have the usual?"

 

 

The other nodded, and looked at the male behind the counter, "Yah, Minwoo! One large Hazelnut Macchiato, pronto!"

 

 

He looked at her, and saw Hea Woo, "Oh, Hea Woo noona! Annyeong~ I'll get it for you right away!"

 

 

After hurrying making the drink, he quickly gave it to her at their table, "Here you go noona~ What happened to you, why are you so wet?"

 

 

She smiled at him, "It's nothing, Minwoo. Go back to work, I'm sure people still want to order."

 

 

After he went back to work, Hea Woo looked at her auntie, "Hye Jung gomo, can I stay with you until I find a place to stay permanently?"

 

 

Hye Jung looked at her with a saddened expression, "Hea Woo-ah, you know where I live. It's right upstairs and it's barely even considered a studio. It's only a bed."

 

 

The former heiress pouted, "Aish... That means I'll have to stay on the streets until I get a job.."

 

 

Suddenly, Hye Jung thought of something, "My niece, I have a solution. My best friend from high school can take you in. He's very friendly, he'll welcome you into his home straight away."

 

 

"He doesn't have any children like you?" Hea Woo questioned.

 

 

"Oh, he does. He has one, but he has other people living in his house as well, they're either his nephews, or runaways, like you. Don't worry, they're all around your age."

 

 

In a matter of minutes, Hye Jung was on the phone, while Hea Woo was drinking her coffee, waiting for an answer.

 

 

Soon enough, she put down her phone, and looked at her niece with a blank expression, "I'll get you changed, he'll be picking you up in thirty minutes."

 

- - - -

 

 

"You really told him what happened to me?"

 

 

Hye Jung nodded, "Of course. Why, do you want me to lie about what happened? I don't lie, remember, Hea Woo."

 

 

A man, around his thirties came inside, "Hye Jung!" he called out, and walked over to the both of them. He gave her a quick hug before looking at Hea Woo, "You must be Yoo Hea Woo. My name is Seonwoong, but I'd prefer you calling me Tablo."

 

 

She bowed, "Neh, Tablo-ssi. It's nice to meet you. Also, thank you for taking me into your house on such a short notice."

 

 

He nodded, "It's not a problem, Hye Jung is one of my best friends, I would do anything for her."

 

 

"Yah, Seonwoong, do you want anything to drink before you two leave?" her auntie asked.

 

 

Tablo shook his head, "Nah, the boys are waiting. I left telling them I was going to buy them food."

 

 

Boys? Hea Woo started to think, I'm going to live with boys? .....Eh, I don't care anymore. As long as Tablo-ssi is nice enough to let me stay in his home for the time being.