Can't Sacrifice

Dangerously in Love

Instead of going to work, Hea Woo wanted to spend some time dancing, even just for a few minutes, so she went into the dance rooms and signed up for a room.

 

 

She plugged in her phone into the speakers and pressed shuffle, only to hear the song, Dangerously in Love.

 

 

"It would be this song..." she sighed as she began stretching to prevent herself from injury.

 

 

After awhile, she played the song again and began dancing to whatever came to mind. Hea Woo was always a comtemporary dancer, although she loved Hip-Hop, she loved showing emotion through her movement.

 

 

She had been a dancer ever since she was young, her mother had her take ballet lessons when she was five, and that was the only thing she could ever thank her for.

 

 

A few minutes passed by, the song was over, she didn't notice that someone had walked inside as she was dancing, "Sorry, I noticed your music, and I just had to come in..."

 

 

Hea Woo looked at the girl, she was a few inches taller than her, straight hair, and colored contacts, "You're a fan too?"

 

 

"Not really, but you're the only one who I heard had a ballad, not a hip-hop song. My name's Bang Eumi, what's yours?" the girl answered.

 

 

She smiled, "Yoo Hea Woo, nice to meet you."

 

 

Eumi smiled as well, "Are you joining this year's dance club? I heard it'll be really good this year."

 

 

Hea Woo shrugged, "Maybe. My friend is in there, he told me he's been in the club ever since his first year. Do you know Hoya?"

 

 

"He's one of the dance instructor's favorites, of course. Although I've recently just came to this school, I've heard of him."

 

 

"What school did you come from?" the shorter one asked.

 

 

"I came from California, I wanted to explore my native country, so I came back. Oh, about that song earlier, what story did you put?" Eumi curiously questioned.

 

 

Hea Woo shrugged once again, "It was just a contemporary freestyle, no story."

 

 

Eumi tilted her head, "But by the way you danced, you seem like you did, it's seems like you have an interest in someone... Who is it?"

 

 

"..... It's a secret." she shyly smiled, "Not a big deal."

 

 

The other girl nodded, "Ah, alright then. I don't seem to have you in my class, but we should hang out one time. Where do you go during lunch?"

 

 

"My friends and I go to the garden, near the roses."

 

 

Hea Woo's phone started to ring, grabbing it from her bag, she saw it was Sunggyu calling because she was late for work.

 

 

Eumi looked back at her, "Who is it?"

 

 

She sighed, "It's the secret... Well, I'll be late for work. I'll meet you at the garden tomorrow at lunch?"

 

 

The taller one nodded, "Alright! See you tomorrow!"

 

 

- - - -

 

 

"You're late, again..." Sunggyu said as she walked behind the counter.

 

 

Hea Woo glared at him, "Shut it, I called gomo beforehand. But I'm changing my hours to night time inventory, I'm going to be working from eight to twelve starting tomorrow."

 

 

"But we're moving to the new house tomorrow night.." he told her, "I'll be off of work when we start moving the furniture."

 

 

She shrugged, "I guess I won't be there then, just put my furniture in our room and I'll arrange it myself."

 

 

He didn't want to respond to that, so they just began to work, taking customers orders and making the drinks to their desires.

 

 

"Hea Woo! Sunggyu hyung!" a male's voice echoed in the shop an hour later, and when they looked, it was Hoya, "Hea Woo, I heard you might join our dance team. You should join, it's going to be great this year at the Bring Parents to School Night next week. We're performing to show the parents and the students what our team is."

 

 

She got out from behind the counter and went up to him, "What kind of dance do you do there?"

 

 

"Mostly hip-hop, especially at assemblies. Please, I passed by Eumi earlier and she said you were good. Please, I beg, we don't have much members right now."

 

 

She sighed, "Fine... Just don't let this interfere with my grades..."

 

 

He smiled, "It won't, thank you! Practice tomorrow from five to eight in dance room three, alright?"

 

 

Hea Woo nodded, "Alright, I'll be there."

 

 

As Hoya left, Hea Woo went back to behind the counter, "This is going to kill me..."

 

 

"Are you going to be okay? I mean, you're already going to start working until midnight, and you still have to do homework? You're pretty much asking to die or something." Sunggyu said as he looked at her.

 

 

She shrugged, "Well, I love my work, and I love dancing. I can't sacrifice what I love doing, I just can't."

 

 

He sighed, "Just be careful, okay? I don't want you to do too much... I mean, we don't want you to do too much."

 

 

Nodding, she yawned, "I know... I know..." she looked at him and smiled, "It's nice to know that you care."