Chapter 8 - Him

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I carried her back to her room and laid her down underneath the duvet. When I was about to leave, she grabbed the end of my t-shirt.

"Yeah?" I turned around.

"Can't you stay here until I fall asleep?" she asked in a tired voice. And she wanted play games too?

"Sure" I said, sitting at the edge of the bed. She tucked the duvet around herself and faced me. I pulled one leg up onto the bed and faced her. She kept her eyes on me while I did the same. For some reason, I wanted to lay down next to her and watch her fall asleep. Instead, I sat on the edge of the bed and watched her eye lids slowly slide down. When I moved to get up, her fingers touched my hand. Shocked by her touch, I sat back down, refusing to let go of her hand.

            Her calm breathing soon announced that she was sound asleep. I tucked her hand that I was holding onto inside the duvet and turned the lights off in the room. Then I walked over to my room and jumped on to my bed, calling it a day.

 

            Next morning, I woke up to the sound of the birds. Young rays of the morning sun were reaching through the glass window that I forgot to cover up last night. I'm up, I told myself, getting out of the bed.

            I made my way towards the washroom and washed myself first. Then to keep the promise I made with Faith, I walked up to the kitchen and turned the coffee machine on. Then I opened the white curtains that covered the glass walls and let the rays flood into the living room. Turning the small CD player on, I let it pick a CD out of the three. First song: "Light Up the Darkness". Album: hyde. I walked around the house, dancing to it while the coffee machine poured bits and bits of coffee onto the small jug underneath it. The next song started. "hyde". In the middle of the song, the coffee was ready so I turned the volume down as I poured the coffee into two mugs. I left mine on the counter to cool down as I took her's and made my way towards her room.

"Faith" I tried to wake her up. Unlike yesterday, she sat on the bed and reached both her arms up.

"Coffee!" she said in a sleepy voice, her eyes still closed. Aigoo I thought, handing her the hot mug of coffee. Taking it into her hand, I watched her inhale the smell before taking a sip of it. Then she opened her eyes and looked at me. "Morning!" she said, giving me a completely different respond than yesterday. "This coffee is better than Tim Hortons" she said, and I had no idea what she meant by that. "Are we going to Nami island today?" she asked, finishing up the entire mug in three seconds - I counted.

"Can you go? How's your leg? We can rest today and go tomorrow" I said, taking the mug from her hand as she moved the covers and sat up. "Walk" I said, and she frowned but followed. She took couple of steps, still limping. "Maybe we can stay home today" she suggested turning to look at me, and I smiled at her comment.

            After coffee, I helped her to the washroom. After doing whatever she did inside there, she hopped her way out and I helped her to her room to get changed. Then she came out wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Her hair was pulled into a bun, showing small ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter