Chapter 2 - Him

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey-Jin came looking for me first thing in the morning.

"I'm kinda disappointed in you" she spoke, letting out a smirk as she uninvitingly sat on the sofa next to my seat. "How long have you known her? Since you're seventeen. That makes it six years. Yet, you couldn't recognize the girl you brought home wasn't her." she said, twirling her hair.

"What?" I shot a look at her.

"It's not her. I checked her out. You thought she dyed her hair, but no one can dye the root so well. That's the colour of her natural hair. Plus, she's not even Korean. That shows how insecure you are."

"She looks exactly like her!" I yelled at Hye-jin.

"But it's not her, you dumb-!" she yelled back. "Also, she doesn't have the birthmark"

"I heard people can remove birthmarks"

"Gosh Leo oppa, don't you know how scared Marinda is of needles? She never got the flu shot because of that. You think she liked getting sick each winter? She preferred that over getting the damn needle. You really think she'd get the surgery done?"

"To hide from me, yes"

"Wow! You're unbelievable!"

"I would have believed what she said if Marinda didn't pull a same kind of trick before"

"That was long time ago." she said, looking at me. "Let the girl go. She's probably feeling so confused"

"No" I said, and she looked at me. "I already informed President Kim that I found her. If I tell him it's not her, he'd have a heart attack. I'll ask her to stay here until I find Marinda"

"Good plan." said Hye-jin, standing up as if her work here is done. "But, sweet thang, you'll never find her" she smirked as she let herself out of my office. I slammed my hand on the top of the table and got onto my feet. Soon, I stood in front of Marinda's room. The guard let me in and I walked in. The room looked like no one lived there. It looked exactly the same way it had been for the past year. Panic hit me when I didn't see the small luggage.

"Marinda!" I yelled as I checked the washroom. Nothing. Then I swung open the walk-in closet to see a half girl staring back at me.

"Don't you know how to kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter