Chapter 16 - Him

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked into the office, still wondering if it was a smart idea to surprise Faith. She looked really down today and also there was only couple of days left, I had no time to waste debating whether to let them meet her or not. Today seemed like the perfect day. And knowing their personalities, I knew Faith would fit right in with them. Even though we could never be a family, I wanted them to see the girl who managed to melt my heart.

"Hoejangnim, here are the documents you asked me to bring over" said Kibum, walking into my room.

"Oh yeah, thanks" I said, reaching for the pen that was laying on my desk next to the other pile of papers. "Did Dong-min move in with the others yet?" I asked about the newly signed trainee. Kibum who stood by the desk - I could clearly see him staring - but he gave no answer to my question. "Ya!" I yelled looking up at him and noticed him staring not at the paperwork, but at my hands. I put the pen down and curled my fingers in.

"Hoejangnim, your nails really do sparkle" he said, looking at me with a grin.

"You try living with a woman in the house." I said, and he tried to bite back his laughter. "I lived my entire life with four women until I started living with the boys, but this never happened to me." I sighed. At least it was better than the black nails... "One girl, and my life turns up-side-down." I said, moving my hands up to my head and digging my fingers into my hair.

"Hoejangnim," Kibum stopped, "have you told Faith about the party yet? It's the day before she's supposed to leave." he reminded me. "I checked." he added, being the smart- secretary as always.

"I'm going to tell her today. Why?"

"Nothing..." he stopped himself after hearing a knock on my closed door.

"Taekwoon-ah!" three ladies entered into my office without permission.

"Noona!" I stood up from my seat, looking at my three older sisters standing in order. They all wore black dresses with high heels and very bright make-up. Did they think of themselves as the 'Charlie's Angels'? Did they think they're filming a movie or something? And what's up with the pose and all?! "Why are you three here?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, you didn't want us to come here?" asked the maknae Noona.

"No! The person I wanted you to meet is at Starlight!" I said, and they looked at me.

"Well, Eomma said to come here. And we even dressed up. You have no idea how embarrassing it is for us to walk in like this." said the keun noona, and I wanted to hit my head against the wall. I clearly told Eomma that she's at Starlight.

"Fine, I'll get a car to drive you guys there then." I said walking them out of the room towards the elevators. Wow, just walking with them was embarrassing.

"Hoejangnim, you left your phone in the office" said Kibum, running towards me. "And you got a message" he said, and I unlocked to see a text from Hakyeon. "We got everything under control. On a rainy day, when her cold-hearted lover leaves to work, Vixx is here to cheer her up!" it read, and panic struck me. Vixx members were at Starlight. Shoot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter