Chapter 10 - Him

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I realized after hanging out with her for a week, other than games, Faith loved taking pictures of the sunset. Probably because of the colours that painted the sky, or it had another special meaning to her, she just loved that moment when the sun touched the water. She wanted to take a perfect picture of the scene which cost her to stand outside on the second floor deck for hours. Most of the time, I sat on the lounge chair and watched her wait patiently. On our first day here at Jeju, when she missed her chance, she bounced around in anger until her leg started to hurt. I had to take the bandage off and make sure her cut was okay before she went out again to take the pictures of the bare night sky.

            When it was time to sleep, we both stood and stared at the big bed that was in the middle of the room. She picked left, the side that is closer to the window and the door to the deck and I took the side that was to the closet and the washroom. Though there was an empty space in the middle of us, as the night got old, Faith rolled up and cuddled next to me. Other than family, that was the first time I slept next to a girl. Though I've felt members putting their legs on me or trying to hug me in their sleep, this feeling was completely different. She made my heartbeat rise up and gave me the chills. When I tried to move her, she only cuddled more, and sighing, I let her be.  

            Soon, "Coffee" replaced "Good morning" at the Jeju house. Only after she drank coffee she opened her eyes and said her 'Morning' greeting. I found myself smiling every time I watched her drink the coffee with her closed eyes. Turned out 'Tim Hortons' was a famous coffee shop in Canada. When we were there, I remember going to one but we visited too many places, and names usually didn't stay with me.

            To Faith, walking was better than driving. She said she got her driving licence when she was sixteen, but I didn't believe her. Whenever I said something like that, she always had proof with her. She even made her sister email her birth certificate and other identifications just to prove that she wasn't Marinda.

            After spending four days in Jeju, she said she's ready to go back.

 

"It's late. Let's go eat" I said, after ajumma who cooked in the house came and told me that the dinner's ready. I let her go home early, promising to clean the kitchen properly.

"One more shot!" she complained. I walked up to her and lifted her up from her waist, bringing her back into our room. She laughed saying it was ticklish, and I decided to by tickling her a little more.

"Okay fine! Let's go eat." she said, breathing heavily.

"Let's go" I said, going down the stairs first. Faith came behind me and jumped on to my back, and I end up giving her piggy back ride down the stairs. As we came down, I felt her face been pressed onto me. At the moment, I wanted to turn my head and give her a kiss. In order to distract myself, I held my breath and tried to think of something else. But my hands that were touching her bare skin due to the shorts she was wearing was not helping my concentration at all. Her skin was soft as a flower petals, and my fingers kept wanting to touch her legs more. So I ended up carrying her all the way to the kitchen, taking slow steps at a time.

            When we came to the kitchen and she saw all the food, she asked me to put her down and I did. Then she sat facing me, saying her prayers before digging in.

"Oppa" Faith called me once, and I looked up at her. She smiled. She had a seaweed stuck on her teeth - she did that on purpose - and I couldn't help but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter