Chapter 14 - Him

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was in my office, signing couple of papers and going over the contacts for the new group that was about to debut in six months. I was a little irritated when I found that Lee Kibum disappeared to somewhere. He didn't answer his phone nor was he at his desk - or anywhere in the office for that sake. I asked the receptionist and she said he went out and didn't return. Aish jinjja. Was he expecting me to do all this? I was the music major and he was the business major. Yet, I was looking through all the contracts while my secretary was missing in action.

            Right then, someone knocked on the door. Hoping for it to be Kibum, I was determined to kill him. But instead, Marinda's mom stood in front of me. I immediately stood up from my seat.

"Annyeonghaseyo" I said, bowing as I stepped out of my desk.

"Hm" she smiled and looked at the door. I thought she was with... My thoughts drifted away when I saw Faith. Wearing a skirt. And heels. And make-up. My throat went dry. Goodness, she looked beautiful. More than anyone I've ever seen in my life. I studied from her head to toe. Then I looked at her face. Wah! She looked like a super model. Water - I need water.

            When she saw me staring at her without saying a word, she bit her lip. I wanted to go up to her and cuddle her.

"Uh-hm" Marinda's mom cleared . "Well then, I should be leaving" she said, and Faith and I both bowed as she existed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, and she bit her lower lip again.

"Mrs. Kim wanted to come here" she said, twisting her leg now. A smile spread through my face. I walked up to her and took her hand, leading her towards my desk. Leaning over the thick glass top, I pulled her to me, giving her a hug. First she was cautious, then I felt her hand snake around me as she started to relax. I took a deep breath, letting her scent rush into my body. "Were you busy?" she asked me, and I shook my head. "Are you sure? From where we stood, you looked like you could've killed the next person who walked through that door" she asked pushing me away, with her hands resting on my chest.

"I was going to thinking it was Kibum, but then I saw you. And Mrs. Kim." I said, and she let out a laugh. Then she looked over my shoulder and saw the sea of paper that were spread through the desk.

"What's all that?" she asked, walking over and taking a seat on my comfy leather chair. I leaned over with my hands nailing on to the desk.

"Work" I said, and she nodded.

"I shouldn't have come" she said, pouting. I leaned closer and she looked up at me.

"Do you know how beautiful you look right now?" I asked, feeling every hair of my body stand up as I said that line. I never thought I'd say such a cheesy thing, but it was true. I always thought it was just a bunch of crap, but I guess that line did hold a true meaning behind it. I watched Faith's cheeks turn pink.

"Do you know how hot you look right now?" she asked, looking right at me in the eye. I smiled and looked away.

"Let's go home" I said, standing up and walking over to get my blazer.

"It's only 5" she said, and I nodded.

"It's the time people usually go home from work"

"But everyone's here. You're the boss. You can't leave until everyone leaves." she said, and I turned to her, wearing my blazer.

"In Korea, usually the opposite happens. The employees wait until the employer leaves so they can go home early too. If I stay here for longer, they might have to stay too. So, let's go" I said, holding my hand out. She jumped on to her feet and slipped her hand into mine. A little static ran up my arm and I held her hand tightly, never wanting to let go. Her hand so soft and tender, and was made just for me. Just when we walk out, I saw Kibum coming towards my office.

"Ya!" I called out letting go of Faith's hand, and everyone stopped what they were doing and turned. "Where were you all this time?" I asked, and he smiled at Faith after bowing at me. How dare he smile at a moment like this? And how dare he smile a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter